Author Topic: Moonlight Turtle Lodge  (Read 26826 times)

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Moonlight Turtle Lodge
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:29:21 am »
https://www.facebook.com/moonlightturtlelodge?ref=profile

Moonlight Turtle Lodge provides a venue for hands on participation in the discovery of our human connection with all creation. Organic gardens, community events, theater, music, natural healing ceremonies in our medicine wheel, drum circles and more.

Seems to be a group of white ladies who are teaching seed saving along with cultural appropriation.

The founders are Gail Mason and Nina Renshaw-Powers.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Re: Moonlight Turtle Lodge
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:31:10 am »
Yes, that is a peacock feather.  Tradish.

Epiphany

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »
"I am infinitely grateful for the time I have shared in Sage's sacred circle at the Gaia School of Healing and Earth Education. I've spent my whole life searching for where my love and curiosity of plants, animals and nature belonged in this world. Then the universe brought me to cross paths with a very wise young woman who began to heal me with her wisdom, knowledge and love. She awoke the ancient wisdom deep inside of me and I heard my heart speak out to me. This was where I belonged. I heard the plants speak out to me saying they had always been there awaiting my awakening. Sage gently guided me to a place of healing through plant spirit medicine and the medicine the earth offers us every day. I am now able to listen to plants and share with others this gift of awakening to the amazing healing powers of nature."
- Nina Renshaw Powers, Apprenticeship '13 & Adv. Apprenticeship '14

http://www.thegreenwoman.com/student-quotes.html

The Gaia School of Healing & Earth Education founded by Sage Maurer in Boston, Massachusettes, has offered a variety of courses and workshops in earth magic and healing over the years in Vermont, Massachusetts, and Hawaii, since 2001. We offer 9 month long apprenticeships in magical and medicinal herbalism, plant spirit medicine, shamanism, ritual & meditation, spiritual ecology, and journeying with plant devas and earth spirits. We also offer monthly moon-lodges, meeting in Putney, VT each full moon

http://www.thegreenwoman.com/about-us.html

I'll start a thread on Sage Maurer too.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:25 pm »
Yes, that is a peacock feather.  Tradish.

Oh, I know who that one is. She keeps changing her story about what tribe she's from. First it was that she had one ancestor, hundreds of years back, with no race recorded (um, they didn't even record women's names most of the time then), so she fantasised the woman was from a long-lost tribe that she could now represent.

Now she's claiming to be from one of the first nations, even though she's american, because she paid a ceremony-seller to tell her what she wanted to hear. I don't know if she's claiming adoption (because she went to a pay to pray thingie) or if she's decided the hundreds of years ago woman was now Canadian despite living in Massachusetts.

Either way, she's white and her ancestors are English. And she's either lying or delusional.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 01:00:17 am »
Oh, I know who that one is. She keeps changing her story about what tribe she's from. First it was that she had one ancestor, hundreds of years back, with no race recorded (um, they didn't even record women's names most of the time then), so she fantasised the woman was from a long-lost tribe that she could now represent.

Now she's claiming to be from one of the first nations, even though she's american, because she paid a ceremony-seller to tell her what she wanted to hear. I don't know if she's claiming adoption (because she went to a pay to pray thingie) or if she's decided the hundreds of years ago woman was now Canadian despite living in Massachusetts.

Either way, she's white and her ancestors are English. And she's either lying or delusional.

Actually her supposed indian ancestor was only listed by her first name in documentation and there just happened to be a indigenous woman with the same first name in the general area in the general time frame so it had to be the same woman.  The name was Mary.  A fairly common name in puritan New England.

She is now claiming First Nation but doesn't have any proof aside from the fact that she once hung out with a guy from said First Nation  :o

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »
When I registered to log into your forum there was a terms of agreement saying that nothing fraudulent could be posted.  Today I googled my name to find out, on your forum, that I am claiming that I am First Nations. This is false. It also puts up pictures from different sites… not mine (like the peacock feather picture or the word shaman).  Also quotes from different sites making it look like they were my posts or that they appeared on my face book page or the Moonlight Turtle Lodge’s site.  If you go on my Facebook page you’ll not see any claims that I am First Nations nor on the Moonlight Turtle Lodge’s fb page. I also have never claimed I was a shaman.  I find it insulting that I as a “White lady” don’t have the freedom of spirit to encourage people to save seeds, or respect earth and all the beings living here be it plant animal or even bacteria. That doesn’t belong to just a few. It belongs to everyone. Also I have never charged any one to come visit the MTL. I haven’t made any money,  much less making it off of claiming I am anything but earth loving. I would appreciate you removing my name and Moonlight Turtle Lodge from the forum, because the information you have on me is false.
                                                             Nina Renshaw

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 12:58:15 am »
When I registered to log into your forum there was a terms of agreement saying that nothing fraudulent could be posted.  Today I googled my name to find out, on your forum, that I am claiming that I am First Nations. This is false. It also puts up pictures from different sites… not mine (like the peacock feather picture or the word shaman). 

If you go back and read the posts again, the woman who is claiming First Nations is the woman with the tradish peacock feather fan, not you. She's attended your events. The shaman quote comes directly from greenwoman.com where you received 'teachings'. The two quotes are clearly separated.

Also quotes from different sites making it look like they were my posts or that they appeared on my face book page or the Moonlight Turtle Lodge’s site.  If you go on my Facebook page you’ll not see any claims that I am First Nations nor on the Moonlight Turtle Lodge’s fb page. I also have never claimed I was a shaman.  I find it insulting that I as a “White lady” don’t have the freedom of spirit to encourage people to save seeds, or respect earth and all the beings living here be it plant animal or even bacteria. That doesn’t belong to just a few. It belongs to everyone. Also I have never charged any one to come visit the MTL. I haven’t made any money,  much less making it off of claiming I am anything but earth loving. I would appreciate you removing my name and Moonlight Turtle Lodge from the forum, because the information you have on me is false.
                                                             Nina Renshaw

You have a medicine wheel yes? That's appropriative. What tradition do your 'ceremonies' come from?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:16 am »
Totem pole in...Massachusetts?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:15:51 am »
More screen caps.

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 02:32:06 am »
The medicine wheel I created was to help to create a space of healing. Emotionally, spiritually and physically. The medicine wheel up at the MTL hasn't had an opening ceremony yet. Our opening ceremony will be with our fellow plant spirit alumni and our extended family. We claim no Native affiliation. Too bad all people can't come together. The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:23 pm »
too funny this woman
In Spirit

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 01:45:52 pm »
The medicine wheel I created was to help to create a space of healing. Emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Healing in what tradition?

The medicine wheel up at the MTL hasn't had an opening ceremony yet. Our opening ceremony will be with our fellow plant spirit alumni and our extended family.

What is a 'fellow plant spirit alumni'? Could you please explain your intended ceremony and the tradition it comes out of?

We claim no Native affiliation. Too bad all people can't come together. The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

You claim no Native affiliation yet you have a totem pole and a medicine wheel?
What do you mean by "Too bad all people can't come together."?
Could you please provide authentic sources to your claim of Celtic medicine wheels?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »
The Celtic has medicine wheel, too

:o

Well, our members from the Celtic nations and diaspora will be very surprised to hear that.

Seriously, no. No Celtic medicine wheels. That's total B.S. Nothing you are doing is Celtic.

There are real, living Celtic traditions. People who try to make stuff up and call it Celtic, or misappropriate from Natives and call it Celtic, are very offensive to all of us who are working for cultural preservation.

There are nuage pretendian frauds, like Frank Owen,  who try to disguise their thefts from Natives by throwing some knotwork on a stolen practice, but thankfully we have Natives and Celts working together here to bust that deception. IIRC, Owen made some stuff up and called it a "Celtic Medicine Wheel." But he made it up.

I'm sure you're used to people who are ignorant about Native ways and Celtic ways. This is not one of those places.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 08:01:48 pm »
People can only come together from a place of mutual respect. Otherwise it's just colonialism.

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »
OK EarthW7... want to know how funny I am? and I do appreciate the humor. Why did the middle aged white woman cross the street? Again and again and again? Why would she say "shalom" when she toasts? Why would she say"Amen sister" when she is neither christian or black? Why would she tell her daughters and other women, when they are going through hard times, "You can do this... you are a strong black woman"? Funny sh#t... right?