Author Topic: 4 element foods  (Read 3645 times)

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
4 element foods
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:31:03 am »
http://4elementfoods.com

Just a lot of suspicious stuff in it.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: 4 element foods
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:23 pm »
I don't know nearly enough about nutrition or organic foods to be able to comment on these claims. But this much I do know. The site says their foods are from Peru. There's no Mayans growing food there. That's a continent away.

The site says their food was blesses in Copan Honduras. There is a small Mayan population in parts of Honduras, though most are in Mexico and Guatemala, and smaller numbers in Belize.

It also says blessed by curanderas, not traditional elders. Curanderas practice a mix of Native and Euro healing, with Catholic tradition mixed in. Some can be quite good and traditionally have high ethics and won't be swayed by money. Others will do anything for a buck or peso.

It basically seems like an organic food site that engages in fair trade practices with farmers in Peru. That should be enough reason to buy, healthy and ethically produced food. The super spirchul claims as a marketing tool seem totally unnecessary.

Autumn

Re: 4 element foods
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »
Wow!  They are covering all the bases.  It is kosher too!  As far as I can see, the only "food" they are selling are chocolate truffles and different kinds of powders.  Like you have both said, a lot of "hype" for nothing.