Author Topic: "Viisions Life Force Foundation"  (Read 10672 times)

Epiphany

"Viisions Life Force Foundation"
« on: April 20, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/viisions/index.htm

We are a charitable organisation set up for the relief of financial hardship of native American Indians by providing or assisting in the provision of improved housing with water, power and sanitation servicing, medical and educational centres to incorporate both modern and cultural teachings which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means. The Foundation will also assist in helping them to stop the desecration and devastation of their sacred sites on their land.

This group concerns me. They fund Bennie LeBeau and others:

Donations made to Elder Blue Thunder and Elder Marshal Golden Eagle Jack of the Paiute nation to assist with travelling expenses required to enable them to lead sacred ceremonies in the States outside their Tribal Lands.

They solicit donations but their email addresses available on their site don't seem to work. All my queries have just bounced back.

Quite a bit of new age cultural appropriation.

Because they are based in the UK I contacted the Charity Commission there: http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/ My query was brief and based on my opinion so it doesn't fit their mandate at this time, they did reply promptly. I encourage anyone who researches this group more fully to look over the Charity Commission site and then contact them.

Report from Charity Commission:

1112598 - VIISION LIFE FORCE FOUNDATION   DUE DOCUMENTS RECEIVED
Activities
RELIEF OF FINANCIAL HARDSHIP OF NATIVE AMERICANS.

Financial summary 
Financial year end (FYE)   Income   Spending   Accounts received   Annual Return/Annual Update received
31 Oct 2009   £22,030   £19,793   Not Required   05 Aug 2010
31 Oct 2008   £9,637   £13,486   Not Required   29 Jul 2009 **
31 Oct 2007   £7,224   £9,133   Not Required   21 Aug 2008 **
31 Oct 2006   £14,415   £5,638   23 Aug 2007   22 Jun 2007
** Annual Update received - charity below Annual Return £10,000 threshold for this financial year
Contact
MR D J M NEWELL
LINEN HILL FARM
HOLTWOOD
HOLT
WIMBORNE
BH21 7DS
Tel:
Email: woodpeckerproperties@btconnect.com

Charity trustees
MR D J M NEWELL
MRS GERALDINE ANN BROLAN
MRS JUDITH NEWELL
MRS LYNDA MARY SHELTON
MR PAUL ANTHONY BROLAN

Date of registration
29 Dec 2005
Other names
None
Governing document
CONSTITUTION DATED 31 OCTOBER 2005
Charitable objects
THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL HARDSHIP EITHER GENERALLY OR INDIVIDUALLY OF IMPOVERISHED NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS BY PROVIDING OR ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF IMPROVED HOUSING, SANITATION, WATER AND MEDICAL FACILITIES WHICH THEY COULD NOT OTHERWISE AFFORD THROUGH LACK OF MEANS.
Classification
What
• THE ADVANCEMENT OF HEALTH OR SAVING OF LIVES
• THE PREVENTION OR RELIEF OF POVERTY
• ACCOMMODATION/HOUSING
Who
• ELDERLY/OLD PEOPLE
• PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
• PEOPLE OF A PARTICULAR ETHNIC OR RACIAL ORIGIN
How
• MAKES GRANTS TO INDIVIDUALS
• MAKES GRANTS TO ORGANISATIONS
• PROVIDES BUILDINGS/FACILITIES/OPEN SPACE
Area of benefit
NOT DEFINED. IN PRACTICE THE UNITED KINGDOM AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Where the charity operates
THROUGHOUT ENGLAND AND WALES
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Note: This report is compiled from public information that the Charity Commission holds on the Register of Charities on 20 April 2011.

© Crown Copyright 2011

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/SHOWCHARITY/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1112598&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Offline Superdog

Re: "Viisions Life Force Foundation"
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:38 pm »
This seems like a well-meaning but completely misled organization.  The mission is outlined here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/viisions/index.htm
"We are a charitable organisation set up for the relief of financial hardship of native American Indians by providing or assisting in the provision of improved housing with water, power and sanitation servicing, medical and educational centres to incorporate both modern and cultural teachings which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means. The Foundation will also assist in helping them to stop the desecration and devastation of their sacred sites on their land."

-----

However, when exploring the site there's not mention of any donations that fill this description.  They have a list of "help given":

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/viisions/viisions/comments.htm
"
Monies have been sent to support with the hay bill during the last 4 hard winters at the Sacred White Buffalo Sanctuary that is situated in Flagstaff, Arizona.

A generator bought for the Sacred White Buffalo Sanctuary enabling the pumping of water to the Buffalo pens.

The supply of copies of Spoken Truth and Nations Unite Within Souls We Walk to Blue Thunder of the Eastern Shoshone Nation for distribution around his country to the peoples of the Nations. Also many copies sent to Adam Yellowbird to distribute amongst the Elders gathering in Peru.

A substantial Donation made to help pay for urgent medical treatment and expenses for Elder Corbin Harney when he became terminally ill, who has now sadly passed away.

A donation made to assist with ceremonial funeral expenses when Grandfather Martin Martinez an Elder of the Navajo Nation passed away.

Donations made to Elder Blue Thunder and Elder Marshal Golden Eagle Jack of the Paiute nation to assist with travelling expenses required to enable them to lead sacred ceremonies in the States outside their Tribal Lands.

Tarpaulins purchased and distributed to many Elders across the Nations to cover their Hogan’s (Sacred Prayer Buildings) during winter weather conditions.

Sponsor of an Elder with all expenses paid, required for a trip to Peru for a sacred gathering of the Eagle and Condor Nations.

A spare tyre purchased for a coach size RV (Motor home) belonging to Golden Eagle and his wife Crystal, this is their permanent home which enables them to travel and continue to do their ceremonies of healing etc.,

A CD writer purchased for Golden Eagle and his wife to enable them to burn copies of their CD’s to sell.

A computer purchased by a private sponsor for Kay Martinez, daughter of Elder Grandfather Martinez. Kay is a committee member of Viisions Life Force Foundation, this enables us to keep in regular contact with her.

Monies sent to Gomo Martinez to help with the building of his Healing Centre, this is for people across the world to come and join with Gomo and many others to learn and participate in the Navajo culture, so that their traditions will not be forgotten in time. This is still an ongoing project of the Foundation.

Also large private donation was given to help towards the building of the Healing Centre.

You can see some photographs of Gomo and brother-in-law Al also the work that is ongoing with the cultural centre.

Monies sent to help with the great expense of a Squaw Dance Ceremony (a very important part of their culture) which catered for over 200 people.

Printer purchased to enable the Foundation’s quarterly Magazine to be published.

Monies this Christmas of 2008 sent to purchase a trailer load of hay which is approximately 40 tons. Also monies sent to have a tanker deliver enough water to fill one of the water tanks situated on the Buffalo Ranch. Two weeks wages for a Navajo man called Andy to work for Dena to give her the help she desperately needs to do a lot of the manual work with the Buffalo, desperate circumstances have caused this assistance to be required."

-----------------------

As I read through it, it's easy to see that nearly all donations go to either Bennie Lebeau or Marshall Jack or the Sacred White Buffalo Sanctuary.  (all bolded).  Barely anything that could be interpreted as "relief of financial hardship of native American Indians by providing or assisting in the provision of improved housing with water, power and sanitation servicing, medical and educational centres".

The founder is a woman named Geraldine Brolan who was given the name White Thunder by mysteriously unnamed "Native American Elders".   She doesn't say it outright, but I got a solid guess who gave her that name.

Nearly all activity by the board members involves travelling in and participating in conferences or "ceremonies" conducted by/with Bennie Lebeau and Marshall Jack.

So while they say one thing about why they're raising money, they're definitely doing another.  It seems the main purpose of their organization is to fund Bennie, Marshall and the Buffalo Ranch and to fund trips for the board of trustees to join them.  I've also seen Adam Yellowbird's name on their page as well, but they seem to like what he does more than support him directly. 

I don't think Geraldine is doing anything criminal...in fact, I think she truly believes that supporting Bennie and Marshall et al in doing their thing somehow helps all tribes (like buying copies of Bennie's book to "distribute throughout the nations"), but in reality she's just following directions from these guys and they're pulling the wool over her eyes....

I wouldn't touch this organization with a ten foot pole however and it's a clear example of why it's important to have this board and continue to disseminate information about gentlemen such as these who make serious and crazy claims that get swallowed up by those that want to be part of the cartoon fantasy they create.

Superdog

Epiphany

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:35 pm »
I don't think Geraldine is doing anything criminal...in fact, I think she truly believes that supporting Bennie and Marshall et al in doing their thing somehow helps all tribes (like buying copies of Bennie's book to "distribute throughout the nations"), but in reality she's just following directions from these guys and they're pulling the wool over her eyes....

Superdog I think you are right with this.

Here is some of what the Charity Commission wrote in response to my brief email of concern:

The charity's objects are defined in its governing document as:

"the relief of financial hardship either generally or individually of impoverished native American Indians by providing or assisting in the provision of improved housing, sanitation, water and medical facilities which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means."

This would therefore appear to be consistent with the aims you have quoted. The relief of financial hardship falls under the charitable purpose of 'the relief or prevention of poverty'.

For guidance on charitable purposes please see this link: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Charity_requirements_guidance/Charity_essentials/Public_benefit/charitable_purposes.aspx.

So (thinking this through as I write) the Foundation is keeping to their mission by relieving and preventing the poverty of Bennie LeBeau and others. The Foundation is being duped but that doesn't necessarily mean they are doing anything illegal - it is not illegal to be duped. The Foundation may be on the up and up. They can give $ to Bennie if they want to.

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:26:54 pm »
A computer purchased by a private sponsor for Kay Martinez, daughter of Elder Grandfather Martinez. Kay is a committee member of Viisions Life Force Foundation, this enables us to keep in regular contact with her.

Quote above from the Viisions site. I just noticed a Kay Martinez of Prewitt, NM listed as a Director in the 2007 and 2008 annual reports for Bennie's Earth Wisdom Foundation. 2009 she is listed as Secretary. She isn't listed in the 2010 annual report, nor is anyone else other than Bennie LeBeau as President. I got copies of the annual reports through the Secretary of State office of Wyoming.

Offline nemesis

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:24:53 am »
It appears that this charity was formed as a result of "channelling" from a woman called Geraldine Brolan.

Viisions Life Force Foundation resulted from spirit messages received by Geraldine Brolan. Directed by these messages she made contact with native American elders and it was they who gave her the name White Thunder. Her received messages form the basis of the Foundation's books and this web page publishes further messages and thoughts. As new messages are received older messages are archived here.

lots more here

The charity has also published a book

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/viisions/viisions/whitethunder.htm

Spoken Truth
Spiritual Messages From Warriors Of Old
By Viisions Life Force Foundation
Also available as: Perfect Bound Softcover
Published: September, 2005
Format: Dust Jacket Hardcover(B/W)
Pages: 380
Size: 6x9
ISBN: 9781420881011

Viisions Life Force Foundation has been achieved through the guidance of The Warrior’s Of Old from the Spirit Realm, who have enabled this book Spoken Truth to be compiled through messages received and documented word for word as given.
All messages were channeled through Geraldine Brolan and transcribed by Lynda Shelton.
The journey’s compilation was achieved with the help of Paul Brolan and Bennie LeBeau.
The publication of this book Spoken Truth was given as a gift for all Nations from Derek and Judith Newell with the hope that the wishes of The Warrior’s Of Old would become the journey forward to relinquish the pathway trodden by many long ago.

http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000207598

edited to add that they have published 2 books, both appear on Bernie LeBeau's website
http://www.tetonrainbows.com/Publications.htm

I couldn't find a FB page for Geraldine Brolan but found Paul Brolan's FB page here
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=565446722&sk=friends&v=friends

and noticed that he has a friend called Marshal Jack
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1039222159

who is an associate of Bennie LeBeau

Marshal Jack's website is here
http://goldeneagleceremonies.com/

It appears that this charity is supported financially by Derek and Judith Newell who are affluent, well connected people and who may be very well meaning and being taken for a ride by Bernie LeBeau and his associates.

I wonder whether it might be fruitful to put together a funding proposal for much needed help for Native people and then I or some other UK residing person (probably best if it is a native person?) could approach the Newells via their construction business, the details of which are easy to find via google to let them know about the situation with Mr LeBeau and to ask if they are interested in supporting some real native people?

edited to add

here's where some of the money the Newells donated went to

These are what we call, Our European Angels.

We want to thank The Viisions Life Force Foundation,
Geraldine Brolan, (Author of Spoken Truth) her son Paul, and her sister Lynda Shelton,w/ Derek & Judith Newell, all in England.

Bless you, Bless you, Bless you all.

You were there when the buffalo needed you the most.You never failed to come through for them. We love you guys.

http://www.worldpeacewhitebuffalo.org/UPDATES.html

the above website is the one featured in this thread
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1425.0

and they also have a video on youtube with some guff about a prophecy that sacred white buffalo would be born to white owners and, guess what, it's them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30iNTApbOIo

this is also them
http://www.sacredworldpeacechurch.com/

further edited to add

whoops!

I have repeated some info by other poster, sorry about that

I started taking notes after I read the OP and posted mine before I read the responses.

Personally I think it is hard to tell what is really going on with this charity.  I think it is fairly likely that the Newells are well meaning but it's a lot harder to discern what the situation is with the Brolans and Lynn Shelton.

For example

Saturday June 11th 2011 and Saturday August 20th 2011

Open Air Awareness Day
10.00am - 5.00pm
at
Greyfriars Community Centre
44 Christchurch Road
Ringwood
Hants
BH24 1DW

This will take place outside of the Community Centre on the open grass area.
Browse our craft stalls
Healing in our Healing Tipi
Native American Story Telling - bring your children along. Drumming will take place on genuine native american drums
All enquiries - please call Lyn on 07764 270627

Entry Free All Day

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/viisions/viisions/diary.htm

Entry is free and possibly the intention is a good one, but how can a white woman who is under the influence of LeBeau be leading Native American awareness events?

This could be a case of a well meaning newager going down a deluded path, but if the native american healing sessions in the tipi come at a hefty fee then it is something else altogether.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:52:38 am by nemesis »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:01 am »
re Lyn Shelton

Mind Body Soul Craft Fayre
[Saturday,02 Apr 2011] :: -19 Days to go.
Phone No:   07764 270627
Address:   Greyfriars Activity Centre, behind Ringwood Library, Christhchurch Road, Ringwood, Hants. BH24 1DW
BH24 1DW
United Kingdom

Charity Viisions Life Force Foundation Mind Body Spirit Craft Fayre - Tarot, Medium, Encaustic Art, Angel Cards, See'r, Psychic Surgeon, Unique Native American Display as we fund raise and work with Native American Indians on USA reservations. Genuine Native American goods for sale, see our channelled books given by Ancient Warriors. We have been given permission to display genuine hand crafted sacred Native American Ceremonial Bonnets, there are channelled limited edition artists pictures of ancient Chiefs, pouches, bone totem animals, incense, T shirts and Hoodies with Native American prints on. Craft stalls with Wikiniko products, Usbourne Books, Crystal Cradles beautiful display, Animal Healer, and much more. Cafe open with homemade cakes, teas and coffees. Come along and support this unique registered non profit making charity, speak with Lyn and Gerry Trustees and founders of the Foundation and learn of their incredible journey that has led them to be accepted by Elders and medicine people. It is a fayre with a difference. Contact Lyn for details

http://www.thespiritguides.co.uk/EventsComments.aspx?Mind_Body_Soul_Craft_Fayre_Mind_Body_Spirit_Fayre_Hampshire&e=9556&p=47&Redirect=

They have these kinds of events from time to time.  Perhaps someone could pop along to interview them about their association with Bernie LeBeau?