Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Shadow Cat

Introduction
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:09:27 am »
Hello all.  My name is Scott Yates of Ohio.  I'm 34 and of cherokee heritage 3 greats back on both sides of my family.  I heard of this site from a friend on Pagenspace and was encouraged to check it out.  I hope this site will help me learn more about my native american heritage both before and now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:49:45 am by Shadow Cat »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:20:58 am »
Hi Shadow Cat. We don't give out spiritual advice or do dream interpretation here.

Please go read the main page of the website, and the pinned threads that say things like "All New Members Must Read." If you still want to stick around and help fight fraud and exploitation, please go to the Introductions thread and introduce yourself. 

Dreams are a part of many cultures, Native and non.  Animal symbolism plays a part in many cultures. There is no one "Native Americans stand point". What you will find online however are lots of people eager to exploit or mislead you based on your giving out details like that. Most people who actually are part of traditional cultures don't discuss these sorts of things in public forums. Personally, I would advise you to edit your post rather than share your dream with the public, but it's up to you. 

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:51:57 am »
OK, I see you edited out the dream and changed the title. I'll just move the thread over to the Intros section.

Offline wolfhawaii

Re: Introduction
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:54:00 am »
Hi Scott, welcome to the forum.It is good that you are interested in learning about your heritage; I hope you don't mind a bit of advice that I hope will help you on your journey of discovery. Ohio has many people with alleged or actual Cherokee heritage who unfortunately have a very distorted view of historical and cultural facts regarding the Cherokee people. Please do not be led down the wrong path. To learn about actual Cherokee culture and history, travel in person to the Cherokee communities where Aniyunwiya (real people) live and attend the cultural festivals, such as the Fall Festival in North Carolina at Qualla and the Cherokee National Holiday in Tahlequah, OK. Reading here on the site will be a good education on the frauds that exist that prey on people who are trying to learn.