Author Topic: Medicine Eddie on Facebook  (Read 3749 times)

Offline GhostBear

Medicine Eddie on Facebook
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/Medicine.Eddie

Anybody know anything about this guy?  He smacks of new age and attacks any Natives who question him.

Offline Pono Aloha

Re: Medicine Eddie on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »
Facebook quote one hour ago: I lived with African-Americans most of My Life. Got called a wigger by whites, my own kind, because I got along with Blacks. But I'm still me. I no longer try to show respect to Natives by using Native words, or posting their posts of their ways. Because of all the racist supremist hatred. Mocking and slander I received from some. So take your Indian wannabe sht, and stick it up your ass! end quote
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:34:23 am by Pono Aloha »

Offline Superdog

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
He seems rather harmless.  A serious interest in the new age, coupled with beliefs that it's not new age.  He has another profile "Natural Man" which has his info.

https://www.facebook.com/Eddie.Carlton.Kunze

I wouldn't worry too much about him.  He's a disabled older gentlemen who seems to spend most of the day on the computer posting to groups on facebook.  I don't see any evidence whatsoever that he is a ceremony seller, more like a serial internet discussion board shaman.  He might claim to be NDN...not sure about that, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything all that drastic.  People have rights to their beliefs, seems he's got a few people on him about the things he says, but those seem to be personal battles.  Don't see any books coming out with his name or CD's of "shamanic drumming" or anything crazy and outlandish like that.

Superdog

Offline GhostBear

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »
He verbally attacked a Paiute sister this morning after she called him out for giving the impression he was Native, for adding her to a new age group he formed and saying that using Native words and posting Native (new age) ways "honored" us.  He's now throwing a pity party on Facebook over it.  A self described "Cherokee elder" just stroked his ego with "You having the name Medicine,is a good thing,It is a strong medicine name."

Offline GhostBear

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 06:49:10 pm »
Oh...the "wannabe-sht" he's referring to are an enrolled Paiute and her enrolled Assiniboine husband.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:59:14 pm »
Dont see him selling ceremonies
In Spirit

Offline GhostBear

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »
No, but until directly questioned he was representing himself to be Native American.  He has deleted posts related to that but has started calling other NDNs who question him "racist supremacists".