wolfhawaii:
All I got to say is........

Smart Mule:
Heehee ;D

earthw7:
wow is all I got to say

Superdog:
Time to bump this topic....

As we all know from the Leah Sampson thread UNOTI has now officially changed their name to The Great Turtle Island Federation.

There seems to be some discontent on the GTIF fb page.  A former member Dolores has posted about feeling attacked for speaking out about GTIF and added her account of its creation to the wall.  Hasn't been deleted yet.  I edited a name of someone who has no dog in this fight.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Turtle-Island-Federation/447893181927883?fref=ts&filter=2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dolores Taylor posted to Great Turtle Island Federation
20 hours ago

Leland,

I don’t know you personally, but I feel that my relationship with brother was such that I
should be able to talk openly with you straight out…hope that me just talking straight is not offensive to you, but that only way I know. Guess there some things I need say first. I met brother thru Paula..she introduced us…and as you can see in the photos brother helped rebuild the lodge here at my house in 2007. Dega XXXX XXXXXXXX had come to visit…there was 4 eagles came to the place where the lodge is now located…I never asked or wanted anything…just way Tunkashila brought the lodge here. After those eagles came is when Dega talked about putting a lodge there, which we did. Dega still comes every 4 yrs with his son to rebuild and bless the grounds and lodge. In between we do it ourselves with help from relatives like Brother.
First and foremost..I am a Sundancer...I walk this walk in a good way best I can…just a humble woman who WANT THE PEOPLE TO LIVE..that is my reason..FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. I don’t have nothing to lose or gain by lying to you.

So, let me tell you from the beginning how I was involved in this to make the connection for the Clan mothers at Brother Chaske request with ROBERT IN AGREEMENT ALL THE WAY. Robert was EAGER for the Clan Mothers to be on board and give their support and blessing (although I didn’t know about the money at that point ROBERT DID and he needed Clan Mothers to be able to access that money which I found out later).
Not long after the Eagles came and we put up lodge here was when Brother spoke to me about a guy name Robert. Brother told me about this new organization that would be good for the people and allow them to return to the original sovereign status that we had inherent right to do and remove our people from Govt and BIA control. I thought it was a good thing and would really help our future generations and be good for the people. After I had clear idea of it all brother Chaske gave me Robert phone number and WE ALL THREE were in communication and AGREEMENT for me to bring this to the EBCI STOMP DANCE CLAN MOTHERS. I still have the documents on hard drive that Brother and Robert emailed me to take to the Clan mothers…I be happy send them to you if you feel like you need the verification. There was NO WAY FOR ME TO HAVE THEM IF SOMEONE DIDN’T SEND THEM TO ME. THE REASON Brother and Robert wanted me to open the door is bcuz I participate in my traditional stomp dances here and know the traditional people here and we had to approach this in a way where the clan mothers would be willing to listen to what is was we were trying to accomplish FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. (Remember, I didn’t know about the money at this point!)

So, that where it started and it was during all this Robert was supposed to use his so-called gift of discernment with me at the fire…which never happened bcuz he backed out…something always came up and it never got done. Look, I was lead to believe this was FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE AND FUTURE GENERATIONS that why I even got involved in first place. I worked with Chaske and Robert to get understanding so I could bring the idea in a good way to the Clan Mothers. I even talked to Paula many times about the progress and what I was trying to do. I stuck my neck out to bring this to our Clan Mothers at huge risk to my respect and place among my people, but I went ahead bcuz I believed it was for the good of the people. As I told you, I spoke to 2 Clan Mothers, and when time came for him talk to Bernice he panicked and did not want to talk to her. All sudden Robert didn’t want talk to me or any legitimate clan mother from Eastern Band of Cherokee. WHY WAS HE SO AFRAID TO BRING IT TO THEM AND LAY IT ON THE TABLE?! To this day that has not happened. So now Robert has even gone so far as to say he has his own Clan Mothers and going to take a seat on the UN as Cherokee Nation. Being a Clan Mother is serious business and Robert obviously doesn’t truly UNDERSTAND or RESPECT that. Is this how he shows respect for the Clan Mothers by snubbing them?
You tell me Leland, HOW CAN ONE SAY THEY REPRESENT THE PEOPLE WHEN THE PEOPLE THEY CLAIM TO REPRESENT ARE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE, BE INVOLVED, AND NOT EVEN INFORMED OF WHAT IS GOING ON!? Something is really wrong with that picture no matter how you twist and turn it. If a person truly respected their people and protocol it would have been done in honorable way long time ago. Never mind our people did have a govt before the white man ever came here and that system was in place. There are Cherokee who have that knowledge of Cherokee traditional protocol and they didn’t get it from research or a book. My experience has been if Robert doesn’t like what you say or you don’t bow down and agree he has power as Chief over all things Cherokee, then you are attacked and cut out...is that the way we as native people do things?! Give me a break here! Surely you know better than that! Hell, people tell the chief here what they think all time and he don’t try to stop them from participate tribal affairs. When he was on the phone with me and Paula he sounded like a tyrant throwing a hissy fit.

Far as the thing with Carlos…(when Carlos and Gina came to me for help, I called my relatives in Cali for Carlos to go into treatment get help for his alcohol problem. When he got out rehab he went and got drunk...got beat up and robbed on the beach before he even left California. It was very sad, he came home all beat up. After he came back from rehab he fell off the wagon…Carlos was struggling to stay on the Red Road. Brother Chaske made a comment about Carlos pouring water at this lodge for the people. I strongly disagreed so I said that Carlos was not going pour water here at my place and Brother didn’t have right to suggest it bcuz Dega put the lodge here when them eagles came so it was Dega had the authority over this lodge. I also told brother I felt he was wrong bcuz when a person is using they are sick…and that sickness if pouring water could affect those relatives in the lodge in bad way... I was not and never have been against wellness and sobriety; I WAS AGAINST CARLOS POURING WATER WHILE HE WAS STILL DRINKING OFF AND ON. I even called Arvol to check myself make sure I wasn’t wrong in my thinking. Carlos has been mad at me since that day. I knew Carlos Grandma Nora…poured water at her lodge for years…met his mother Linda in prison in Cali where I got on the Red Road. I wish Carlos all the best and whatever gossip is said about me by Carlos or whoever don’t bother me…malicious gossip is sad for the person doing it.

And for the record I am not enrolled member of EBCI and I never hide that from anyone (But neither is Robert and MOST ALL the people he is recruiting so what is the point of him say that?) FROM HERE TO SUNDANCE I DO NOT HIDE THAT FACT IM NOT ENROLLED EBCI AND IM NOT ASHAME OF THAT). My people and relatives who walk traditional path can see my Indian blood with their own eyes. If someone else has issue with it too bad for them…their problem not mine. I been Indian all my life...that aint gonna change bcuz of someone else opinion or judgments of me.

I don’t care what happened between Robert and the other guys (Gary Lee, Regan etc,) I wasn’t there and don’t truly know the facts. They are each accusing the other…. I don’t have no dog in that fight. Like Arvol said…ever since Brother passed away it has become all about the money...I agree. It seems the honorable intent of how this started and respectful way of how things were done is gone. I know you will probably send this to Robert. I know you have obligation to him, but I don’t and I have nothing to hide so I will send a copy to Robert as well. I will be give copy of this also to our Clan Mothers here and Paula. The Clan Mothers will make the decision how to proceed to make sure that our people are not excluded from anything that is for the good of the people….ALL THE CHEROKEE PEOPLE, NOT JUST WHO ROBERT WANTS.
Like I said I got nothing to lose or gain by lying. What I don’t understand how you can do what you are doing…just listen to what he says without question and turn on even someone like me calling me a liar and you don’t know me well enough to judge me that way. I AM TAKING A STAND HERE TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.
---------------------------------------end of quoted material----------------------------------------

She posted another small post about being attacked by Robert Rose for speaking out about him.  GTIF posted a warning about "erroneous comments" and "defamation" threatening banning.  I've also noticed the questions posted by Leah Sampson have disappeared, though it's hard to say if she deleted them or GTIF did, but there definitely has been some cleaning up on their wall.

Superdog

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version