Author Topic: Browndiasporia  (Read 3172 times)

Offline browndiasporia

Browndiasporia
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:59:44 pm »
Hello everyone. I was born in Colombia but my parents made the decision of moving to amerika when i was younger. . I am not sure what my ancestry is - but I am definitely mixed w aboriginal blood, and perhaps spanish due to colonization.

Lately i have been experiencing the New Age Fad here where i live and was almost brainwashed by it by the likes of Richard Alpert after reading a few of his books. Once i started learning about cultural thievery, and was even guilty of some of it, i began educating myself (on this website and on others). i have been experiencing the blatant racism and oppression towards aboriginal people, i have seen this first hand with this new Ayahuasca fad that is happening here, i have lost friends because they cannot see past their privilege and cannot admit that they cannot commercialize another cultures beliefs, nor can they see past their own "Enlightened" Egos. being raised in a strict evangelical house till i was about 17 makes me see how much damage is being done to these aboriginal communities and how their beliefs are being demonized and marginalized, unfortunately my place of work is a melting pot for New Agers and it makes me really upset

even though i might not be 100% of aboriginal ancestry i feel enraged when i hear about Ayahuasca/Coca ceremonies being held when i know that people in Colombia are being killed or oppressed because of this same thing, i came to this forum to try to topple this white spiritual tourism or at least try to in whatever way i can. sorry it was supposed to just be an introduction and i wrote a whole page, i look forward to learning as much as i can from you all and contributing when appropriate! :) Brown Power!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:07:18 am by browndiasporia »