Author Topic: mmmChocolate  (Read 3974 times)

Offline mmmChocolate

mmmChocolate
« on: November 22, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »
sadly this is not a post about chocolate – I just named my username after my favourite food   ;D

Actually, I just came by to say thankyou  :D.  I went to the internet thinking “well my sense of the spiritual is very nature based, and I've heard lots of people mention Native American spirituality & shamanism in that sense maybe that's a direction I should look into...” [*I'm looking very embarrassed now, but that's what I was thinking at the time...*]. 
And I found this site and a few other resources, and learned loads; just not what I was expecting to learn. And now I've at least a start of understanding (still learning..) how that stuff could be harmful/cultural appropriation/perpetuating racist stereotypes that don't see people as 3-dimensional... and hence a really clear sense that's not my path. And I feel really grateful that I learned this stuff before I put a lot of time and energy into something that wasn't a good idea. I've also learned so much from reading stuff here that's given me a lot to think about. I've never really thought about the idea of some spirituality being context or culture-specific before for example.
So thank you so much for putting all this information here  :D.

Alex

Epiphany

Re: mmmChocolate
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »
Welcome. Glad you are reading and learning, I've learned so much here too, still learning. Invaluable education.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:05:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your kind words.

Offline mmmChocolate

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »
Thank you  :)