Author Topic: About fem_progress  (Read 3585 times)

Offline fem_progress

About fem_progress
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:49 pm »
I am a Francophone, white, 56-year-old woman from Québec.

I have been on a spiritual search (by myself, in two different Christian churches and another religious tradition, and in university) for myself since the age of 13 (I left the Catholic Church at that age). I have finally found where I fit. (Not going to discuss it here. BTW the spiritual tradition I am in expressly forbids proselytizing.)

Since the 1980s, I have been very interested in sects, fake gurus, pay to pray, plastic shamans and all the exploitation that surrounds them. I want to learn as much as I can about the fake spiritual movements too many people fall prey to, including in Quebec. A woman died there not too long ago because of fake healers...

I feel called to do something about it but, before I do, I need to get better informed and to learn the tools. At the moment I would often not be certain I know what I am talking about.

I come here with an attitude of respect and humility, to learn. I intend to read a lot more than I write.

I believe each person has to develop his/her judgment and critical analysis on just about everything and be the master of his/her own spiritual life. Trust is something that must not be given lightly, especially nowadays because there is a new sect born every 10 minutes.

Feel free to ask me questions, I will answer.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:12:34 pm by fem_progress »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: About fem_progress
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:18:37 pm »
Welcome! And I agree that people need to develop their own judgements and not trust to lightly. Trust needs to be earned, in my opinion. No questions for now. And you should also feel free to ask questions here.