Author Topic: carloscarlos13 'checking in'  (Read 3444 times)

Offline carloscarlos13

carloscarlos13 'checking in'
« on: August 06, 2011, 02:21:27 pm »
Hi, everyone. I'll take a moment of your time to introduce myself. I'm a 'non', I'm from and still living in Arkansas, in my mid-fifties, I teach high school, married 30 years, four kids, the youngest going off to college in a couple of weeks. Since 1988 I've been privileged to sometimes participate in sweats, NAC meetings, etc.--have even, on occasion, carried drum or taken care of fire in tipi meetings. Open to thoughts/questions about that, if any.

Thanks to the admins for running this site. I'll try to conduct myself in a respectful way, listen more than I talk, etc. I'm going to try and stay a little 'anonymous' for now, but admins email me if you like and I'll 'unveil' myself to you; I'm sometimes slow to check email but I'll eventually respond. I'll also try to post a picture of self if I can find one that's a little flattering.

I've read several threads here--some of them about people I've met or know--and on the whole I approve. (I know you're all QUITE relieved to have MY approval, ha.)

Seriously, since I am a white redneck sometimes participating in traditional ceremonial ways of other people/communities, and since I've personally encountered some of the bogus stuff discussed in these forums, I am glad to be able to learn. In particular, since most of the NDN folks I know are more 'open' to white participation--that's why I know them, right?--it's helpful to hear from folks who are in some cases more 'closed'.

Since I don't actually get to talk to people with a very, um, conservative? protective? viewpoint very often, I appreciate getting to LISTEN here, even if some of what I hear is not altogether 'friendly'. If some door is not opened when I knock, if I'm not welcomed everywhere with smiles and feasting, I will try not to whine, drip tears, or show off the beaded moccasins I got SUCH a good deal on...ha.

In the hills where I live, out in the country, we don't always walk up to a house if we don't know the people who live there; we park out in the driveway and holler 'hello the house'. If they want to talk to us, they come out and we introduce ourselves. If they want to invite us in, they do. If they're not friendly, and sometimes they're not, that's their perogative.

Hello, Cetan. I know some 3132 people (Kenny LB and some of his family, Reggie and some of his), though from reading your posts I would guess we ourselves probably have not met.

Hoping you all are blessed,
Carlos/Chuck

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
Re: carloscarlos13 'checking in'
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »
Hello Carloscarlos and welcome. Thank you for introducing yourself!

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: carloscarlos13 'checking in'
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:38:56 pm »
I am pretty sure we have met and if you are who you I think you are we have sat together in a lot of meetings - hint my adopted nephew lives in Memphis and my NAC Godfather lives in Montana (Ft Peck rez) raising his grandsons), I was baptized 3132 by Rev Joe and still sing a few of your songs! I looked at your e-mail and now I am sure I know you and sent you a message.
And just want to say welcome - and for other members here he is a good, sincere person and I would be proud to have him and his family praying for me any day
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:53:04 pm by Cetan »