Author Topic: Camilla - Hello from a new member  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Camilla

Camilla - Hello from a new member
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:10:07 am »
Good day to everybody.

This is Camilla, 51 years old, from Italy. Few  ;D words of introduction.
Well, for many reasons I feel close to Native People ( ::) yes...another one! LOL!)
By marriage I got relatives on Rosebud Reservation (South Dakota, US), beside very good old friends both on Rosebud and Pine Ridge (the hard part is when I have to tell the ones I go visit with the others, and viceversa......!! :)) and others beloved ones.
I work full time as a secretary in a SoftWare Company, but, given that also here in Italy uncountable people are focused on "Native American Issues" (...feeling guilty about Columbus ??), what I really feel committed to is that people can have access to a true, realistic and especially respectful knowledge about Native People, listening and learning directly from them. I have been given the opportunity and the priviledge to cooperate with Italian Associations and one Blog which work very seriously focusing on these same objectives: they always try and give Native People the opportunity to talk personally about their own Cultures, History, Social Issues (never, never and never about other topics, "Topics", which must be respected and kept private). Through the work they carry out within the Education/Schools System, with Public Institutions and common people, these organizations fight against stereotypes, false romanticism and exploitation of Native Spirituality (also here in Italy there are dozen of plastic "whatever you want to call them": with money it is possible to buy almost "everything" and "experience" everything. It's a shame. And it is sad)
I do my best to be of some use for the above mentioned organizations as far as contacts with Natives, logistics matters, and especially translations and interpretation activities are concerned.
Before registering to this Forum, I read the posts about various topics for a while. And now here I am.
Thank you for accepting my registration. And thank you for sharing and teaching so much.

Camilla
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:25:40 pm by Camilla »
Camilla

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: CAMILLA - HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
Hi Camilla, I am Annika from Sweden.
Nice to find more Europeans working against the exploitation in here. :)

Do you know Alessandro - a long time member here on NAFPS?

OK, just saying welcome and nice to have you around.

Offline Camilla

Re: CAMILLA - HELLO FROM A NEW MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:07:45 pm »
Hi Annika!
Thank you for your kind reply.
Yes, Alessandro Profeti is a good friend of mine (in my introduction I mentioned a "Blog": that is Alessandro's blog, www.nativiamericani.it). I think it is the most serious, reliable blog about Natives we have here in Italy.

Have a nice day !

camilla
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 12:26:47 pm by CAMILLA »
Camilla

Offline AlessandroItaly

• Indians are people!
    • Nativi Americani.it
Re: Camilla - Hello from a new member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:49:24 am »
Ciao Camilla, Welcome :-)

Offline Camilla

Re: Camilla - Hello from a new member