Author Topic: hi  (Read 3810 times)

Offline mtheory

hi
« on: December 14, 2010, 08:37:34 pm »
every (supposedly)native person i've done (pretend)ceremony with is on your lists here i believe.
i stopped about 7  yrs ago.  i got tired of the bs family 'politics'. and the behavior of the people from the top down that i had interaction with left a lot to be desired in my personal opinion.     i knew the person responsible for our area wasn't native, but i assumed his (adopted) father was.  seems there is a lot of mystery around that after my reading here.  been to pretend sweats, luampi (sp), yuipi,
sundance, canunpa....   i have a pretend canunpa, made w/ real pipestone that i wonder what to do with. it has personal meaning because a friend made it, and when he got burned by a member of the family(another adopted son) he gave it to me.  he knew i was smart and i really think he knew that i was gonna be the next to figure it out. he had seen me stand up for myself and our group all the way against the top man out west.  when i got that (fake) canunpa and prayed it really was the beginning i think of me realizing i didn't need all the crud that went with trying to live good w/ that family.   still, i'm white and i drink some beer, and i cuss, and i don't think i walk truly enough to have something like this from someone on heres (or multiple peoples) sacred land - even if it is fake.  it is red pipestone, and if i should send it to someone, or drive it to them from here in western nc, i will do that.   
i went in with good intentions, although after reading a whole lot here i am positive that i had a good bit of the white savior thing going even if i kept it secret, and a lot of entitlement issues.  a lot of responses i read here in the really long threads, i see a lot of things i used to would have said. 

i really appreciate y'all being here and doing what you do.

Offline LittleOldMan

Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:18 pm »
   Welcome.  Knowledge begins.  Study our archives.   Therein find those gems that engender  wisdom.  Ask questions someone will answer.  Approach with respect.  I rarely post but am all ways here.  We are an eclectic bunch made up of all nations and religions bound together under the banner of truth that ceremony no matter weather Native american, Pagan, Christian, or other should be done in the correct manner by those qualified and to use a Christian term Ordained to do them.  Religious (Ceremonial) frauds steal not only from the cultures but but from those that they deceive.  In my opinion there is no greater sin or disservice to person than to harm his soul and keep him from a true and productive relationship with his Creator.  Offered with respect and in spirit.     I am called "LittleOldMan"
Blind unfocused anger is unproductive and can get you hurt.  Controlled and focused anger directed tactically wins wars. Remember the sheath is not the sword.

Offline wolfhawaii

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:17:43 am »
Welcome, i look forward to hearing your perspective and sharing your experiences.

Offline mtheory

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:29:47 am »
thank you both.