Author Topic: A Heartfelt hello from the UK  (Read 5364 times)

Offline Pendragon

A Heartfelt hello from the UK
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:28:22 am »
Hi all,

My name is Paul I live in the UK and I am the editor of a Pagan magazine which focuses on folklore, ancient beliefs etc etc.
I WILL emphasize, however, that we do not endorse or support those who steal and corrupt Native American (or any other) spirituality. Quite the opposite, we speak out about it whenever it raises it's ugly head.

I visit the USA quite often (my partner is from North Carolina) and I have an affinity with the Cherokee following a serious of dreams and synchronicities. I hated myself for having this pull towards the Cherokee, especially as I had spoken oiut against plastic medicine men and the theft of native cultures.

However, rest assured, I have not started saying that I am any kind of medicine man or anything like that. I have continued my ionterest in the Cherokee, but it is as an outsider, as a researcher and not as an opportunist thief. Much as the spirituality and beliefs fascinate me I am under no allusions.

Keep up the good work, friends!

Paul

apukjij

Re: A Heartfelt hello from the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42:36 pm »
hi Paul and welcome, what i believe is that these synchronicities (fraud alert: can anyone remember Conversations with God where this principle originated) and your Dreams, where for one and only one final purpose, to lead you here to NAFPS, so you can study the reality of the situation with the Indigenous Peoples of the world and their pagan belief structures.

Offline czech

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:22:39 am »
(fraud alert: can anyone remember Conversations with God where this principle originated)

The term synchronicity originated in 1920's with Carl Gustav Jung, Swiss psychologist, who was a student of the "father of psychoanalysis" Sigmund Freud, but later later diverged from his teachings.

"Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner. To count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Offline Thyme

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:52 pm »
Hello Paul , (from a fellow Brit)
I wonder if you have had any experiences or dealings with British fraudsters. Speaking from my own experience, there many 'pretenders to the throne' here. Personally I feel that these things should be regulated especially when they parade as credible charities. I know that there is the charities commission and this is one direction to explore, but I'm also thinking more of the pseudo psychological training techniques that are used by more 'new age' organisations.