Author Topic: Hello from germany  (Read 6795 times)

Offline onlyhuman

Hello from germany
« on: June 29, 2010, 07:01:55 am »
Hello to all,

I not only registered, because you posted my site. I see the chance to more clairify my work. You gave a fair warning an now I hope, I can explain good enough, that you all will understand. And I hope I can take something from your forum with me. I want to learn and show I'm different. You will see. You know, actually I'm on your side, but how can you know... I don't go around with that and you don't know me. I want to give my part and my best to the Natives I can. Much that you wrote and categorised, was not written clear enough by me and sI didn't know that this could hurt some people so much. I would be glad, if you give me the chance to post and comment here - because then will you see, that we are looking forward into the same direction.

See you,
onlyhuman

P.S.: Please excuse my unsure english, I'll try, to give my very best.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:27:35 am by onlyhuman »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from germany
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:24:02 pm »
Note: See this thread to put all of this in context: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2755

"onlyhuman" is Wiebke Haarkemper.

Hello to all,

I not only registered, because you posted my site.

Actually, no regular member here posted it. It was posted by one of your plastic shaman competitors, who has now been banned for sockpuppeting. Then you came here to post anonymously about your competitors. All of you are Europeans selling "shamanic" services on the Internet, using Native American imagery and terminology to make yourselves seem spiritual. Ratting each other out doesn't make your activities any less offensive.

I see the chance to more clairify my work. You gave a fair warning an now I hope, I can explain good enough, that you all will understand.

I think we understand far more than you realize. The Lakota members here especially understand. It's hardly the first time some young European has ripped off their religion and turned up here to claim they are different, and further insulted them in the process.

And I hope I can take something from your forum with me. I want to learn and show I'm different. You will see.

I bet you hope you can take something from here.

You know, actually I'm on your side, but how can you know... I don't go around with that and you don't know me.

You've demonstrated abundantly that you don't know enough about Native Americans, or any Americans, to know what "side" you're on. You've come here and (in the thread linked above) posted insults to the Native people.

I want to give my part and my best to the Natives I can.

Then stop stealing Native imagery and terminology. Quit talking about "totems". Quit selling your bogus services on the Internet.

Much that you wrote and categorised, was not written clear enough by me and sI didn't know that this could hurt some people so much. I would be glad, if you give me the chance to post and comment here - because then will you see, that we are looking forward into the same direction.

OK. Go clear it up. Take all the fake-Native stuff off your websites, including that dreamcatcher necklace. Make amends to those you've harmed. Stop insulting people.

Try listening for a while. Try listening to how actual Native people, the actual relatives and descendants of those you've fetishized, feel about you insulting them this way. Then listen some more. Cultivate humility.

Offline onlyhuman

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »
Hi,

Actually I do not have to read her anymore, because your behavior speaks louder than words. I wish you peace and wisdom to judge the rightones and not lumping all together.

Bye,
onlyhuman

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:29:25 pm »
sound like a young person, this is good advice
As a native person we see the abuse that is
happening in the world. People don't understand
our ways but want to use them and us without
regrads to our people. You act like we are not watching
we don't understand but we do.
I see it over and over again where advice is given
but instead the person attacks and feels they are being
wronged. They can't read words and understand them.

The first wrong that was done:
It was put on the web
the next is the reference to my language and my people
without permission
then then to say we live in slums without the knowledge
of our people
then to attack elders
I just shake my head and think my the people are really lost
if they continue to abuse what should be there to help the
people.
In Spirit

Offline quicksilverwade

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:07:32 pm »
Die Deutschen sind das ultimative diebe.

RayoDeSol

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 05:10:59 am »
Die Deutschen sind das ultimative diebe.

I do understand the anger behind your words, but please, let’s not act like racists, this is not what this board and its work is about  :-[
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:42:17 am by RayoDeSol »