Author Topic: Former member returns.  (Read 5653 times)

Offline deafskeptic

Former member returns.
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:46:21 am »
Hello all.

Many of the older members here remember me as deafpilgrim. I chose a new name for myself because I thought it better suited my outlook on life. I'm back because I think some plastic shaman is trying to sell her services on alldeaf and I'd like to make sure the deaf community doesn't fall victim to her. I don't think most deaf are interested in anything new agey but many do try to be open minded and that can open one up to fraud if one isn't aware of the dangers. I will bring up the plastic on a different thread.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back and I hope to catch up with you guys.

Offline deafskeptic

Re: Former member returns.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:14:51 am »
Oh yes, for newer members I should tell you about myself. I hope I haven't come across as adrupt.

I am a 41 years old white woman with no known NDN ancestors or African ancestor for that matter; my background is largely Norman, Anglo-Saxon on my father's side and Swiss-German; Prussian and a little English from my mother's side.

A little background info is needed to understand where I come from. I first came here because I had just discovered Tom Brown of the Tracker School was a fraud years ago.

As for my recent concerns, I should note here that I was born with a severe to profound deafness due to Rubella and that colors  a good deal of my outlook on things. Hence my screen name and I'm here to protect the d/Deaf community from plastics hence my return.  I will tell you more about myself in future postings but for now I think that will suffice.

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:07:58 pm »
Hello and welcome back!

Offline deafskeptic

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:14:44 pm »
Hey Barnaby,

Good to see you again.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 09:17:57 pm »
Good to have you back. This reminds me of why it's important to have as many as possible from different backgrounds in the forum. I don't think it would have occurred to many of us that exploiters sometimes single out groups that we wouldn't have thought about. And I remember you often had a way of making us rethink ideas from a different angle.

Offline deafskeptic

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 09:33:42 pm »
Hello Al, good to see you again.

I've been reading several posts around here and I think I'll comment on them as needed. I have a good deal of catching up to do in the mean time.

Offline NanticokePiney

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:06:52 am »
[quote author=deafskeptic link=topic=1875.msg13215#msg13215 date=1216440891
A little background info is needed to understand where I come from. I first came here because I had just discovered Tom Brown of the Tracker School was a fraud years ago.

[/quote]

Yup! his buddy Rick never existed and every real Piney stumpjumper hates him.

Offline deafskeptic

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 11:49:54 pm »
Yeah. I thought it a bit too convenient that Rick died in an accident so he's not here to verify Tom's verison and some of Tom's later books had me questioning Tom's ethics.