Author Topic: Question on security.  (Read 5480 times)

Offline CROW

Question on security.
« on: March 13, 2009, 08:37:00 am »
Is it really in the best interest of security to post a woman's full name on here when there is known stalker running around here with carte blanche?

Re: Question on security.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:24:41 pm »
:::Waits for mods to show up:::   ;D

Offline mamaduck33

Posting private information on the nafps group members.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:43:16 pm »
In the Ben Carnes research thread, Al Carol aka educatedndn has used private information on a member that they entred on their account when signing up as a member and posted her full name on the board.  This is very careless of you and violates your tos. Especailly since she hasn't commited a crime nor was there a complaint against her. I think if I were you, I'd delete Kris's name asap on the board.  What do you think the other members would think of you doing such things...and possibly to theirs as well...posting their full names so anyone can search for them and harass them in the real?

mamaduck33

frederica

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:45:03 pm »
Who is the "koiwn stalker" and who is he/she stalking at present?  It is advised NOT to post addresses, states, phone #'s, ss numbers on the internet, not only because of possible stalkiing but idenity theft.  Not uncommon to see names posted.  If you have a "known stalker" on foot, there are legal ways to deal with this.  But you have to follow through.  Internet stalking or harassment, one way is http://wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_harassment/index.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:39:37 pm by frederica »

Offline mamaduck33

Re: Posting private information on the nafps group members.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »
When you all signed up you entered your real names on the account to become members.  How do the rest of you feel about educatedndn going into your private info and posting your full real name when he doesn't like what your posted opinions?

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 05:04:42 pm »

""Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.""

This means to law enforcement, lawyers etc if a complaint has been filed etc. It does not say he can put this in public though at any time.

So yea this groups own TOS was violated and that needs to be fixed.

Offline Yawaywa Shun

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:05:44 pm »
I think it is a disgrace to this person who owns this board as a "Dr." to have violated his own terms of service and I am looking into what legal actions I can pursue to shut this site down since he cannot control his anger at people speaking the truth.

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 05:07:16 pm »
Who is the "kniwn stalker" and who is he/she stalking at present?  It is advised NOT to post addresses, states, phone #'s, ss numbers on the internet, not only because of possible stalkiing but idenity theft.  Not uncommon to see names posted.  If you have a "known stalker" on foot, there are legal ways to deal with this.  But you have to follow through.  Internet stalking or harassment, one way is http://wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_harassment/index.html

""Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.""

Even if there was not, it is not stated here that this information can be put out by this site to the public. This is reserved for law enforcement and other related things.

All that must be done is that name taken down, and I think everyone would stop being angry over it.

Offline mamaduck33

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:25:30 pm »
Regardless the opinions some have on here, whether they have posted only once or 70 times...I have read the other threads and seen where they turn on their own members.  It is never ok for someone operating a site like this to go into any members personal information and post their full name.  Can you imagine how easy it would be for one of the frauds to go after someone on this board in the real who posted information up against them?

Offline mamaduck33

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:30:17 pm »
No moderators of this site should ever look up a persons private info and post their full names when they don't like or agree with the member.  That is very careless.   >:(

Offline CROW

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 06:13:52 pm »
Who is the "kniwn stalker" and who is he/she stalking at present?  [Numerous attempts to sidetrack]

[Crow's note- This editing shit is fun.]

I am not going to tell you who it is. Then they might want to stalk me. "The horror! The horror!"