Author Topic: Indian Spirituality at Special Rates  (Read 5143 times)

RayoDeSol

Indian Spirituality at Special Rates
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:45 am »
Guess, it’s time to explain a bit, what I’m up to  ;)

I’m working on a website covering the newage fraud not only in Europe, abusing the ways & traditions of life of Native Americans – to assist the wake up call. The title of the web is the subject line of this topic - I hope it expresses the irony alright.
It will take a while, before it’s being published. Currently I’m collecting information, statements, views, aso, and learning a great deal by doing so. The main language is English, and hopefully LOTS of other languages, incl. Native languages of the Americas, depends on who is willing to work with me on this.

One part of the web shall be standpoints and views on the subject, views by the People themselves and others, who had a deep look into it, for example Rev. Mykel Johnson, to name just one person.

Another part about the reasoning and excuses of the nuagers and exploiters, be it ego and approval, poverty, or simply misconceptions.

Then another one about the “battle” by the exploited ones against the fraud, about what is being done so far.

And about the differences between the People beliefs and nuage myths.

I’m thinking about adding an “educational” part, too, about the differences in mentalities and ways of thinking, behavior; I noticed, not only now, but when I lived in the US which little understanding there is, about the willingness to gain and keep an open mind, to learn from each other, not about traditions but humanity and respect.

I’ve tried to convince actors, artists, musicians, too, to get involved, but sadly received a few responses only. Maybe I started it wrong, maybe I should have waited until the first files are on the net, but I’m not giving up on that idea, because I believe this will spark a wide interest on the subject than just writing about the facts, because the European nature is attracted by everyone with rank and name (it’s a stereotype, I know, but sadly evident in all aspects of life over here).

There is a lot of info to find on various website, mostly in English, bits and pieces all over. I like to put it all together.

Before the site is being published, the files are going to be sent to the "contributors/authors" to correct mistakes. And I’m certain, someone has to correct my poor English  ::)

I’m aware, too, that this work is depending on the goodwill of lots of people, and I’m grateful to have found/met wonderful people already, who support it. Some of you are members of this board. I’m open for criticism, suggestions and content ideas, too. Thank you!
I.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:43:50 am by RayoDeSol »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Indian Spirituality at Special Rates
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:44:11 pm »
one of the thing i see and know is that if you have native people on your board
to back up what you are trying to say it helps.
In Spirit

RayoDeSol

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 02:29:13 pm »
Yes, earth, I'm aware, but believe me that's as difficult as asking my dog to give up thoughts of hunting after a life as a bird hunter, it seams.
For example, I've got lots of friends in MI, most of them American Indians, and am trying to convince them since i don't know when. Just a moment agao I had a discussion with a very good friend about why I believe it's important to pull on one rope and speak up, instead of naggin about at home and stay put in front of the TV and at the end I get the answer: "oh hell, what shall I say or write? f***k them all and burn em" LOL and thats from a man working for his people up there near the Canada border, geezh!
Well, its simple: I'm not giving up, I made a promise and I stick to my words!! I've time!!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:33:56 pm by RayoDeSol »

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 04:52:40 pm »
Could we include one page in Swedish, maybe?  ;)
Would be great to have the info translated to different languages.

I had a really good site once upon a time, connected to the foundation I was running. But the people that took over after me just left it to die...basically. And now it´s gone.

Anything I can do to help, let me know.
It´s much much better here  in Sweden now! Just heard that some exploiters have said that they´ll go to Denmark and Norway, but Sweden...no, there´s no point. Wow, it made me SO happy!  People here are asking the right questions, which makes it uncomfortable for the frauds. You know, it just takes a certain number of people catching on and educating themselves, then they will inform another five or ten who will inform...you know what I mean. It takes some years (hmm...is it ten years now?)  but it does work!

It´s definitely worth it, so good luck with what you are doing!!

RayoDeSol

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:09:04 pm »
Thank you Annika,
and thank you for showing interest, when the web is close to being published, I will send you the files to look at over, if you like. I would be more than happy!

quote: It´s much much better here in Sweden now! Just heard that some exploiters have said that they´ll go to Denmark and Norway, but Sweden...no, there´s no point. Wow, it made me SO happy!

That's a dream come true what's happening in Sweden now, am very glad to read that..... other countries will follow, I'm sure of it!!

No matter how frustrated I'm at times, I know the cause and work is worth the engagement  :) and ... I'm finding "new" exploiters not yet listed here every day - a good side effect  ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:39:58 pm »
I think it's great. If there's something I can do let me know. I'm not knowledgeable as people here are, but there may be other needs, if you need someone to help type up information from notes or whatever, just let me know.  :)

I own the nagual.net and nagual.com domains, which are basically inactive at moment, I refuse to let them go because I know someone will nab them up and use them to exploit.  I have been thinking of what to do with them, and have decided on human rights issues of Native Americans. But, I don't have the money, or skills to overhaul the site, so it is not time yet.. but at some point.  

Anyway, didn't mean to run off your topic about me and mine..  :)

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

RayoDeSol

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 07:56:33 pm »
That's very kind of you!! Thank you! I might take you up on your offer one day  :)

Offline nemesis

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:55 pm »
I am curious as to how you see your site interfacing with NAFPS?

I feel very comfortable posting here as the site has a well established reputation and is run by native people and their supporters.

It sounds as though your site, from the title, may have a more humorous / satirical flavour than NAFPS, is that right?

I would be very interested to know more about how you envisage your site developing and where you feel there is a specific need for your site that is unmet here / elsewhere.

FWIW I have been working on collecting material my own site for a while, although not focusing on native issues as the main issue, more on certain types of new age fraud that may or may not include plastic shamans and issues relating to cultural appropriation, but focusing mainly on criminality.

I still do not know exactly what shape or form my site will take, but I am creating it simply because it is too time consuming to send the same / similar information over and over again to different people.

My blog / site will also have include some analysis from the perspective of depth psychology, simply because this is the field I understand best and can contribute in.

I think that for exposing criminals and abusive cults / groups that have a very strong focus on NDN issues, I would feel more comfortable posting here than on my own site or blog simply because the NDN people here may have their own protocols and ways of doing things and I worry that I could easily get things wrong.  I see myself as doing my best to support NDN people in challenging cultural appropriation rather than leading the way, obviously.  

I think that it's great to have other resources than NAFPS.  
I am just curious to know more about the USP of your site and how it will interface with the NAFPS site.

I hope you don't mind me to asking :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:56:51 pm by nemesis »