Author Topic: Phoenician Cherokee II Eagle Tribe of Sequoyah  (Read 4212 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Phoenician Cherokee II Eagle Tribe of Sequoyah
« on: June 26, 2010, 02:28:17 pm »
In that BIA list I posted, one group's name just jumped out. One of the most curious names I've seen in awhile. The questions come in a flood? Do they think themselves Phoenician descendants? Is there a PCETS I as well as a II? Where does eagle tribe fit? Sequoyah?

But all I can find is that petition list information:

Phoenician Cherokee II Eagle Tribe of Sequoyah
Mr. Albert L. Bynum (256) 492-2948
504 Brewton Street
Gadsden, AL 35903
Letter of Intent to Petition 9/18/2001

Bynum is registered as the owner of a small aircraft. This also seems to be a funeral notice for his mother.

-------------
http://rainsvilleweeklypost.com/story.lasso?tool=print&ewcd=8b31f85a17309963
Mrs. Gracie Green Bynum, 79, of Bel Glade, Fla., formerly of Fort Payne, died Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2008, in Florida.

Services will be held Friday, Nov. 7, at 2 p.m. from the Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church with Pastor Hoyt Bynum Sr. and the Rev. Cedric Williams officiating. Burial will follow in the adjoining cemetery with W.T. Wilson Funeral Chapel of Rainsville directing.

Survivors include: daughters and sons-in-law, Carolyn Taylor of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Loretta Dent and Willie Scott of Baton Rouge, La., and Ann Jeannette and Earl Parker of West Palm Beach, Fla.; son and daughter-in-law, Johnnie and Wilma Dent Jr. of Bel Glade, Fla.; six grandchildren; sisters, Sylvia Williams of Collinsville and Bettye Battle, Rachel Hall and Lucy Granderson, all of Charlotte, N.C.; brothers, Ben Bynum of Augusta, Ga., Rev. Hoyt Bynum of Fort Payne, and Albert Bynum of Gadsden; seven great-grandsons; and five great-granddaughters.

-----------
I can't find anything more. Anyone down in Alabama who can ask around?

In case you're wondering, yes there are people claiming Cherokees were Phoenicians.