Author Topic: Nikolay Oorzhak - Tuvan Shaman  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Marina

Nikolay Oorzhak - Tuvan Shaman
« on: November 29, 2007, 04:46:08 pm »
What do you think about this Tuvan Shaman? Well, He is a member of  the "Foundation for Shamanic Studies"..

http://khoomei-shaman.com/

Offline Greenwood

Re: Nikolay Oorzhak - Tuvan Shaman
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 01:07:58 am »
Although I am new here - I am asking a question: Where I can find a proof of his membership in the FSS-staff? Back in 2000 or so when Nikolaj visited Europe I had some time with him. I had a rather strange feeling: One man who is hearing the call of money here in Europe. Well, not bad - there in Siberia the situations are not the best and some winters in the last years were horrible. But I have looked at his seminars and I had the thought: How can this shaman sell his spirits? He is healing with khoomey and kargyraa and is one of very few shamans I know who can do that. It is a kind of gift from the spirits doing this. But he is teaching this in workshops? That is strange and need explanation. Someone never can sell an empowerment, given by the spirits. You can learn the technique, but not the spirits.

Yours,

Neil Greenwood.

Dwn-'nwj - "He who unfolds two wings": Himmiherrgotzaggramentzefixallelujamilextamarschscheissglumpfaregtz!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 06:26:12 pm »
I'm sure the FSS would have records of it and gladly acknowledge him being a member. But if he is, to me that's either a sign of him being an exploiter or being used by FSS to appear more legit.

We used to have a Siberian member, Sarangerel, who sadly passed on. I'd look at her posts to see how Oorzhak compares to what she described as signs if someone is a legit healer in Siberian traditions and what is proper according to their ways.

My very tentative opinion from what I see so far is that Oorzhak is at the very least not an imposter the way some of the exploiters Sarangerel pointed out to us. Some of what Oorzhak does seems to be simple public speaking about his culture, but other workshops or healing might cross the line.

Offline Greenwood

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »
Sarangarel "passed on"? What exactly do you mean with this? Do I have to worry or is this only related to this Board? I am asking this because I had a rather good contact to her some years ago. I read her statement regarding the FSS - which explained other things regarding the FSS that were brought to my attention in recent times.

Yours,

Neil Greenwood.
Dwn-'nwj - "He who unfolds two wings": Himmiherrgotzaggramentzefixallelujamilextamarschscheissglumpfaregtz!