Author Topic: Native Thief  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Native Thief
« on: December 23, 2006, 01:06:16 am »
Tansi;

What do you call an Indian who robs from the rich and gives to the poor?

Ribbon Hood.

Ric

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: Native Thief
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:51:47 pm »
*groan*

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 06:48:11 pm »
ah, c'mon Barnaby! It was funny! LOL! ;D

Offline Ric_Richardson

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 12:03:57 am »
Tansi;

That is just one of the jokes that's going around the Rez, lately.  It is unfortunate that many of our jokes lose a great deal, when translated into English, so wouldn't make a lot of sense to tell, here.

I'll try one anyway!

"Three men, one white, one black and one oriental, are riding in a car, discussing God. The white man said, God is white.  The black man disagreed and said that God is Black.  The orienatal man said that he knew that God is oriental.  After a while, the discussion became quite heated, with very strong emotions coming up.  With the argument going full strong, the men had an accident and all died.

When they approached the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter greeted them with "Tansi Boysak"  (hello, how are you, boys)." 

This one was quite funny amongst the Metis crowd, since the greeting was in our language, Michif, proving that God is Metis(?).

Ric

Offline Mo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 03:46:31 am »
hehehe..i like it.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 02:36:45 pm »
Four NDN women, an Apache, a Lakota, a Seneca, and a Navajo, are riding in a car when there's an accident and they all die instantly.

They wake up and see clouds and pearly gates. They see the giant figure of God sitting on his throne, and at his right hand they see St Peter with a book of names.

They start muttering among themselves,"Oh damn, were those freakin white Christians right all along?"

St Peter comes up to them and says "Don't worry. Since none of you are Christian, you won't be judged by Christian beliefs. Instead you'll be judged by how well you lived by the principles and traditions you were taught."

The Apache woman says, "I followed the teaching of Yusen."

St Peter says, "You may pass into Heaven."

The Lakota woman says, "I followed the ways of the sacred pipe as given to us by White Buffalo Calf Woman."

St Peter say, "You too may pass into Heaven."

The Seneca woman says, "I followed the teachings of the Longhouse and Handsome Lake."

St Peter says, "Pass."

The Navajo woman comes up to St Peter, takes a long look at God and says:

"Tell him to get the hell out of MY CHAIR!"

-----

A bit of an inside joke, for anyone who hasn't known Navajo women. They're not really as bad as that, and one look at their beauty and you say "No wonder they think so highly of themselves."

Happy holidays. That's for any of our visitors who might be Bill OReilly fans too.

frederica

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 03:06:49 am »
As long as we are telling jokes.  Do you know how to identify a "cybertech" Indian?        Fry Bread grease on the key board.   frederica

Offline JosephSWM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 02:52:07 pm »
Keep in mind folks, I am Cherokee.

Q - What do you get when you put 64 Cherokees in a tipi?

A - A full blooded Cherokee