Author Topic: Stuff White People Like, #20: Being an expert on YOUR culture  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

White people are pretty conflicted about their culture.  On one hand, they are proud of the art, literature, and film produced by white culture.  But at the same time, they are very ashamed of all the bad things in white culture: the KKK, colonialism, slavery, Jim Crow laws, feudalism, and the treatment of native americans.

One way they can make up for it is becoming marginally acquainted with foreign cultures.   It is generally acceptable for a white person to learn a few terms in a language spoken primary by non-whites (such as Chinese, Tagalog or Portuguese).  They can then use these phrases to order certain ‘more authentic’ dishes in restaurants.

Forgot the link. D'oh.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/20-being-an-expert-on-your-culture/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:20:01 pm by Barnaby_McEwan »

Offline Kevin

Re: Stuff White People Like, #20: Being an expert on YOUR culture
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:08:34 pm »
Aho! don't forget we like things in 3s too   - the 3 little pigs, the 3 bears, the 3 stooges, the CIA, FBI, BIA, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, AAA, AMA, NFL, NBA, NHL, IBM, FHA , NSA,  etc etc

** I apologize for not including FFA on the above list - Future Farmers of America - I've read where they tried to turn Indians into dirt farmers but the grand scheme failed. I think many anglo Liberals have failed to add that to their burden of guilt.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:33:04 pm by Kevin »

Offline PaxMan

Re: Stuff White People Like, #20: Being an expert on YOUR culture
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:47:09 pm »
Right on! I was beginning to think our culture(s) had become a drive-through, where the starving white people order up "I'll have one instant Indian, make it a Medicine Man....oh, and add a Great Great Cherokee Grandmother, on my mother's side.... don't forget the ketchup.
How much is that gonna cost? I have a coupon. "

::)