Author Topic: Twilight Werewolf Casting Call Parody  (Read 7490 times)

Offline amorYcohetes

Twilight Werewolf Casting Call Parody
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:10 am »
Figured members here might enjoy what I found to be a hysterically funny spoof of a "Twilight-New Moon" casting call by a troupe of young Native actors/comics(?).  Er, not to be too inflammatory but from what I've heard about the Twilight books and movies, they sound absolutely despicable and unworthy of my time or thought.  From commentary friends have pointed me to, one of the many, many manifestations of utter wrongness in the series was the way the Native American character was handled in the book, and then on top of that the casting of the movie version of the character

So it always gives me a laugh to see the author/producers/fans viciously mocked in hilarious parodies (there is a mashup video in which Buffy the Vampire Slayer - a show not without its own major issues - totally schools him and kicks his ass!)

Anyways, here's the links to the Native actors' sendup of the casting call:
"New Moon Wolf Pack Auditions" on youtube

Outtakes video

Teacher

Re: Twilight Werewolf Casting Call Parody
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:55 pm »
I just spit v8 on my keyboard ... that video needs a warning label!  wayyyy too funny!

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »
"Looks fullblood to me."

Offline taraverti

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:40 pm »
yup it was pretty funny!

Here's another that is pretty hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBeCSnSgZk

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBeCSnSgZk

Holy crap.  :o

You have to have seen Silence of the Lambs to fully appreciate it, but the analogy is perfect.

Migizi does a great job, but it would have been even funnier to have someone that looks whiter. Like Ryan Redcorn (ducks).