Author Topic: www.healing-circle.com not sure of this site ?  (Read 4534 times)

Offline ladybug

www.healing-circle.com not sure of this site ?
« on: December 14, 2009, 02:54:43 pm »
healing-circle Heilungskreis  - Translate
healing-circle, Heilungskreis, Schildkrötenhof, Frauen, women, menopause, Visionssuche, visionquest, Schwitzhütte, sweatlodge, Mondhütte, moonlodge, Kräuter, herbs
www.healing-circle.com
CAN ANYBODY UNDERSTAND THIS SITE OR WHO THEY OUR ?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: www.healing-circle.com not sure of this site ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:55:21 pm »
This link says they were apprentices of Suin Bear, and also says "We were honored by the presence of   WALLACE BLACK ELK,  BETH Rhiannon, WOPTURA,  MOON DEER,  MANITONQUAT,   JUDY Morning Star,  WABUN, NICOLAI,  INGE,  OSHY Standing Bear,  ELLIKA,  RAVEN,  THUNDERBIRD WOMAN,  MARIE-LUISE,  HERMANN,  and, of course: RUDI!"
http://www.healing-circle.com/skh-start-e.html

Atleast three of those names are of exploiters. But at this point I'm not certain whether to regard them as more victims than anything else. Most of the site seems quite confused and they mostly seem like very naive people.

They mention they are about 60 people who do their own sweats, vision quests, and medwheels. Yet strangely enough they recommend NAFPS as a site to warn people about plastics. Again...naive. Or self deluded.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: www.healing-circle.com not sure of this site ?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:52:50 pm »

The site is bilingual, so the quotes below are not translated by me but copied from the site. The site is a strange mix of nuage and e.g. Peltier support. They also link to Francis Talbot aka Manitonquat, and to a
Grandfather Redwolf whose site seems to be down.

As becomes apparent from their bios, both started out with the Bear Tribe resp as a student of Sun Bear:

http://www.healing-circle.com/skh-start-e.html

WE - (as it is at present time!):
Sabine
* born 1964
* with the Baerenstamm between 1992 and 2005
* 'Physiotherapist' in allday-life
   (incl. educations for spec. treatment)
* Shiatsu therapist
* wise woman

Juergen L. -Dancing Turtle-
* born 1956
* apprentice of SUN BEAR from '88 until his passing in 1992
* contact with the Bear Tribe and the Baerenstamm (until '05)
* 'Physiotherapist' in allday-life
   (incl. educations for spec. treatment)
* 'herbalist' (certificated)

http://www.healing-circle.com/sweatlodge_info.html

You probably know that the alive Sweatlodge had been brought to us by the northamerican Natives - or, as they call themselfs: the First Nations.
There are many different traditions and it is important to acknowledge that every single one is right !
You may not compare one tradition or form with another one - but you must be willing to admit --
first of all, you need to accept, and than find out if it is 'true' for yourself !

Tradition
In general our Sweatlodges will be done in the Tradition of our Grandfather - an Ojibwe-Métis who went into Spiritworld 1992!

Course
It is not necessary to think about how a (this) Sweatlodge will be held.
You will receive all needed informations. But a few things we'd like to share with you right now:

Sacred acting
The Sweatlodge-ceremony is no "event" --
it is a sacred acting, where we pray -- in the presence - and with the help of the 'Grandfathers', the rocks -- to the Creator and all Spiritbeings, who guide us!

'Payment'
Long time ago, this sacred acting (as some others) were brought to humans to celebrate (again) there connection with the Power of Creation. Such an acting is not only inestimable, but may not be charged !
There's a good number of 'Natives' who point out this very clearly.. some of them are well known in Europe.
If you're surfing through the internet you'll find some offers, incl. prices (and some are crude!)
and you'll find this 'bidder' calling those Natives their teachers (I suppose: unasked and with no legitimation?!)
add: Unfortunately it was recognized that even "Natives" charge for a Sweatlodge...
This is'nt the place to go into details.... for it is'nt our duty to judge here !
We only can recommend: trust.. and follow your heart !

Donations
I decided to delete this part !
Among 'Natives' there's a good amount of people who feel that it is most unappropriate to talk about this even !
As far as I learned this is based upon understanding that everything -- if it'll be celebrated in a proper manner -- find an equivalent respond.  It is my wish to be respectful towards this insight as well !

'Giveaway'
In our "european" (or 'non-Native') way of thinking,  it may be difficult sometimes to explain the 'Giveaway'..
To go into the Sweatlodge mean: ask for healing... mean: to experience healing!
(even though if this healing is not connected to our intimate understanding of time!)
This healing will be supported in many different ways!
Beside of all those Spirits who guide us, there's the waterpourer, who's sitting at the treshold...
the firekeeper... the doorkeeper... maybe, there's someone who's taking care for the children (while their parents praying for healing inside the Lodge),
or someone see his/her active part being fulfilled by taking care of the food (feeding!) for us !
Therefore - and without any "rank of honor" - the Giveaway is a powerful 'tool' to express esteem:
"what can be my gift to you - to let you know how much I appreciate(d) your guidance and support?"
-- based on the fact that community -in 'old days' took care of the individual, the individual was thinking about worthy gifts only -- gifts, needed for life, because this sacred acting was (is) directly associated with life !
To become aware of this question is a fundamental part of the sacred acting --
that will already begin when you decide to ask for a Lodge (or at least: to go into a Lodge) -
no matter how much time it will take until you finaly enter the Lodge!
And as the Giveaway is most essential conneted to the sacred acting...
it is your decision....  but you may think about traditional behavior !!

They even recommend to visit NAFPS:

http://www.healing-circle.com/plastic.html

If you wish....
you probably should visit:
NAFPS
...do search (look around) and get your own opinion !!
try to find out, what sort of people create such websites ( 'contents )
while THIS one actually got hacked and totally destroyed, some time back..
even though it's back... allmost by common content and quantity !