Author Topic: you should add 2 more forum topics  (Read 7609 times)

Offline milehighsalute

you should add 2 more forum topics
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:15:22 am »
one for fraudulent tribes and one for fraudulent artists.....especially the artists.....as many people who are now visiting this site a one stop shop should be cool.........take away from all the non-natives claiming ndn heritage and cashing in on unsuspecting non-indian art collectors

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: you should add 2 more forum topics
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »
one for fraudulent tribes and one for fraudulent artists.....especially the artists.....as many people who are now visiting this site a one stop shop should be cool.........take away from all the non-natives claiming ndn heritage and cashing in on unsuspecting non-indian art collectors

I agree with Milehigh. We get many people who come here claiming they are Indian or belong to a fraudulent tribe based on family stories, great grandma had high cheek bones or some other long lost relative had black hair. And when questioned or asked to provide proof of their heritage all hell breaks loose. Nine times out of ten these people always belong to a proven fraudulent tribe. And just because they believe their own nonsense doesn't make them any less frauds or racists.

These so called tribes cause harm to real Indians and non-Indians alike. They put out misinformation about the tribe they claim, they are able to procure grants and other monies that would have gone to legitimate Tribes and almost always use stereotypical dress or behaviour.

I'm all in favour of having a couple of new categories also, especially for the fraud groups calling themselves tribes. No matter how well meaning these people seem to be they are harmful frauds.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:03:56 am »
can i second that :o
In Spirit

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:41:28 pm »
I really wish there was a category out which tribes are fraud bc I always see them do stuff that supposedly show that they're real like get people to sign petitions to government to give them recognition along with false tribe posting youtube channels.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:46:31 pm »
or the "benefits" to help these false tribes......which ultimately equates to a false charity...people need to be warned......as far as artists go, most fake ndn stuff is pretty hokey.....especially the musicians....haha google "wind spirit drum hey lopa" video for a good laugh......some white chick with a bad bronzer job calling herself windwalker and some white guy claiming to be a lenape sun dance chief named spirit buffalo...............its funny....real funny.....until you see that they have more support from the white world than a real drum like cozad or porcupine singers ever will

or check out "eastern medicine singer" doing the AIM song.....that had me in stitches.....luther vandross on the drum

Online Sparks

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 12:46:21 am »
or the "benefits" to help these false tribes......which ultimately equates to a false charity...people need to be warned......as far as artists go, most fake ndn stuff is pretty hokey.....especially the musicians....haha google "wind spirit drum hey lopa" video for a good laugh......some white chick with a bad bronzer job calling herself windwalker and some white guy claiming to be a lenape sun dance chief named spirit buffalo...............its funny....real funny.....until you see that they have more support from the white world than a real drum like cozad or porcupine singers ever will

There is a thread about them:
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2817.0
[Laura Dorn AKA Windwalker and the MCW, Wind Spirit Drum]