Author Topic: List of Authentic Shamans etc.  (Read 29355 times)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: List of Authentic Shamans etc.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 09:29:05 pm »
In all seriousness, the poster asked a very specific question about his spiritual dilemma. Therefore, a relevant answer should be provided. Whether other people believe in demons and souls is irrelevant.

Prior to starting this thread, the original poster started this one: http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1968 Despite the fact that this is not what this forum is for, advice was offered, but s/he either didn't like what we had to say, or was purposely trolling to cause disruption. It was hard to tell. I wanted to be helpful, but I also suspected the poster's main purpose was disruption and wasting our time.

Most of our advice boiled down to the fact that legitimate people don't advertise on the Internet, and the services she needed also depended on her culture and religion. Spiritual dilemmas, and the cures for them, are not one size fits all, and what works for someone of one culture may well harm someone from another background. One of the purposes of this forum is for people to understand that there is a massive amount of variation among spiritual/cultural traditions. S/he seemed unwilling or unable to understand or accept that.

Offline Sword of Zilu

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 12:23:36 am »
In all seriousness, the poster asked a very specific question about his spiritual dilemma. Therefore, a relevant answer should be provided. Whether other people believe in demons and souls is irrelevant.

Prior to starting this thread, the original poster started this one: http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1968 Despite the fact that this is not what this forum is for, advice was offered, but s/he either didn't like what we had to say, or was purposely trolling to cause disruption. It was hard to tell. I wanted to be helpful, but I also suspected the poster's main purpose was disruption and wasting our time.

Most of our advice boiled down to the fact that legitimate people don't advertise on the Internet, and the services she needed also depended on her culture and religion. Spiritual dilemmas, and the cures for them, are not one size fits all, and what works for someone of one culture may well harm someone from another background. One of the purposes of this forum is for people to understand that there is a massive amount of variation among spiritual/cultural traditions. S/he seemed unwilling or unable to understand or accept that.

Ah, I didn't read that original post. Having read it now, my impression is that the OP genuinely believes that someone harmed him/her spiritually. The original post was quite confusing. I don't really know what's troubling him/her.

Not that it really matters now, since he/she is unlikely to read it. My best guess is that the OP has little contact with genuine spiritual practitioners. Therefore, he/she was very desperate for help. Too bad, I guess, lol.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:55:24 am by Kathryn »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 12:57:19 am »
I tried to be kind about it, but s/he reminded me very much of people I've dealt with who have genuine psychiatric problems. They may have spiritual issues going on as well, but often they need meds to enable them to calm down and focus enough to even communicate what is going on with them. We asked repeatedly for more specifics that may have actually enabled some of us to refer her to someone, and s/he refused to answer those questions and instead thought we wanted to harm her. There's only so much you can do for people who are acting that way.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:56:27 am by Kathryn »

Offline catbus

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:47:15 pm »
The original poster probably won't get this. But this info might be useful for other people.

The most accessible shaman culture, in my view, is Korea. Most older Korean people know about mudang (Korean shamans) and know people who visit mudang. If you have close Korean friends, they might be able to help you find a mudang.  Some mudang advertise on the internet. All mudang work for money. However, I don't think mudang usually do journeys for soul retrievals, although they probably know rituals for calling back souls and related purposes.

Actually, many shaman cultures are not big on journeying, although they generally have rituals for calling back souls. If you have Thai friends or Cambodian friends, they might be able to help you find a traditional healer. If you have Chinese friends, they might be able to find you a Daoist priest. Daoist priests have rituals for calling back souls. Even if you don't have Chinese friends, you can go to temples in Chinatown. If they have mediums in the temple, they might be able to help you.

As with Korean shamans, spiritual workers in Asian countries generally work for money. Some advertise. It's important to be discerning. As with all occupations, some spiritual workers are good, and others are bad. You can also look up Daoist websites on the internet and inquire through email.

The original post did not mention demons. However, the replies indicate that demons are a problem. You don't have to find a shaman to exorcise demons. Most Asian cultures have exorcists. Again, I recommend Daoist priests. You can also contact your local Fengshui practitioner, because authentic Chinese Fengshui practitioners often have connections with Daoist spiritual workers. Tibetan Buddhist teachers generally also know about exorcism or about people who know about exorcism.

I mentioned mainly Asian practitioners, because other traditions are beyond my field of knowledge. Maybe other people have stuff to add?

Devil, don't be pointing spewing your new-age advice here or directing newagers to Asian traditions. They will come and try to mess with Mu-ism, Daoism etc.

In fact, it has already begun. I saw a book by Mantak Chia, called 'Daoist Shaman'. There are a group of Chinese pseudo-Daoists teaching workshops how to be a 'Shaman', mixing the 'medicine wheel' teachings of some fake lakota named 'Wa-nee-chee-ne' or something like that, with wiccan crap, mixed with the Asian astrology Zodiac. The whole concept of it, is that the 'lakota medicine wheel tradition' is so similar to the Asian 'medicine wheel', that it's all the same. I think I saw one chapter even started out saying that sweatlodges are universal.

Now with devils like you coming here to point newagers to Daoism, it will get worse. If you do not study, live, practice the Dao, then you are just a blind newager if you go to a Daoist for a serious spiritual issue. Many Chinese Daoist lineages for example, are deeply entrenched in Patriarchal power-structures (despite honoring Gwanyin), and have been known to be very abusive to women. Some also are deeply dogmatic, because of too much Buddhistic thinking. So finding a good Dao teacher or practicitioner is just as tricky as finding a good 'shaman'.

So don't be coming to a forum of this nature pointing the newagers to consult Daoists for there wierd psychological problems, and telling them to inquire through Daoist websites in their search. The Dao organizations with websites, many of these are the ones run by figures who are doing some very exploitive and bad things. And true Dao masters, often do not even advertise whatsoever, and actually prefer to live pretty quiet lives.

It's important also to know that almost everyone is missing soul pieces. It is possible to live a fulfilling life even while missing certain soul pieces. Therefore, people who feel that they absolutely need a soul retrieval should first relax.

::) Foolish Devil, as far as I know a forum for stopping newage frauds is not the place for this sort of preach. What system are you selling? Because you really should explain where you are coming from if you bring this kind of preach, that everyone soul is fractured into a pieces that they are missing. Maybe you are a new age shaman yourself? Or an anthropologist?

Offline rain

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 01:23:29 am »
The word Shaman is misinterpreted, even the wannabe's argue like they know it all on facebook Shamanic sites. I joined observed and thought Over 10,000,00 Shamans on this one group, Yeah right!!! "LOL"  :D Anyway! True and proud of being first nation. "Our medicine is authentic from our Ancestors, and very powerful!  ;)