Author Topic: List of Authentic Shamans etc.  (Read 29352 times)

moon

List of Authentic Shamans etc.
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:31:16 am »
Hello, do you have a list of Authentic Shamans? And is there any way to actually find an authentic shaman who does actual soul retrevial of a persons immortal soul? If a soul has been trapped will a journeying Shaman be able to locate that soul?

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: List of Authentic Shamans etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:45:22 am »
Moon, you either haven't been reading people's responses or you are trolling.

This is not a "shamanism" site. Re-read the main page. You've already been gently warned that the Internet is not the place to find someone to help you with the type of problems you are describing. As you persist in asking for "shamanic" referral anyway, and not answering the questions that might lead people to be able to help you, I tend to think you're here to troll.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:52:33 pm »
I think you need to contact Russia
In Spirit

frederica

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:51:07 pm »
Would such a list even exist?  I don't think so.  They are commerical, most not licensed, and I don't think they register with the Better Business Bureau.

moon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:03:47 pm »
I have no idea what trolling is and I have been warned of nothing. The way in which you reply to my posts would suggest to me that you may be aware of who I am and what has been done to me. And my understanding of this site is that it was to help people weed out the frauds. (new age frauds and plastic shamans) WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

frederica

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:59:58 pm »
If you read the purpose of the group, it is to warn people about exploitation of NDN culture and ceremonies by non-NDNs and Nuagers claiming Ndn hertiage.   Psychics are busted all the time by people who take them to their law.  It's like when they busted all the Psychic Hotlines, as they were nothing more than people reading from a script as part-time work.   There is no telling what you are getting when you deal with people practicing things out of their culture.  If you are having some problems, Katheryn gave you some advise. Basic rule to follow is to know who you are dealing with.  Medicine people I know are not commerical, they do not advertize, don't have to, you know who they are.

Offline zoi lightfoot

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 02:28:24 pm »
Moon,with due respect,i do not "know" who you are or "what" was done to you,other than you state in another thread that you've got demons.To be honest that would be a pagan/wiccan or christian belief system and not something the Indian peoples can or could help you with.Our Elders and spiritual leaders do not go away to some "spiritual education facility" where the qualified are placed on some list.Our culturaly diverse and distinct Nations and Bands,KNOW which elders and spiritual leaders represent thier specific communities,they are not on some list nor advertised under "services".The fact is you went to a fake who played with "indian spirituality"A service they were not qualified to offer and now you tell us you have demons.You are now asking for some none existant list....Do you honestly believe the Indian Nations can or should help with a matter that is not even part of thier cultures? you need a priest not an indian honey!

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 06:54:33 pm »
Moon,with due respect,i do not "know" who you are or "what" was done to you,other than you state in another thread that you've got demons.To be honest that would be a pagan/wiccan or christian belief system and not something the Indian peoples can or could help you with.

The "demons" thing is mostly Christian, and Christian-influenced Western Ceremonial Magic. I guess some Pagans and Wiccans conceptualize it that way, but often from Christian influence. I think many Pagans and Wiccans go too far to the other extreme, and believe in a sort of Nuage way that all spirits are good and there's nothing bad out there if you don't believe there is.

you need a priest not an indian honey!

I would also gently add that mental health services might be called for. Moon, you're exhibiting signs of paranoia, which is a psychiatric condition. It can be healed, or at least managed. I'm not saying this to hurt you, nor am I assuming that's the only thing going on here. But sometimes brain chemistry can be part of the problem. It would be good to rule that out before assuming strangers are sending demons at you.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:35:12 am »
Maybe stroll on over to Siberia and ask around (be sure and take an interpreter along). Best luck, moon, and please let us know when you get your soul back!

Offline Sword of Zilu

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 06:33:18 am »
The original poster probably won't get this. But this info might be useful for other people.

The most accessible shaman culture, in my view, is Korea. Most older Korean people know about mudang (Korean shamans) and know people who visit mudang. If you have close Korean friends, they might be able to help you find a mudang.  Some mudang advertise on the internet. All mudang work for money. However, I don't think mudang usually do journeys for soul retrievals, although they probably know rituals for calling back souls and related purposes.

Actually, many shaman cultures are not big on journeying, although they generally have rituals for calling back souls. If you have Thai friends or Cambodian friends, they might be able to help you find a traditional healer. If you have Chinese friends, they might be able to find you a Daoist priest. Daoist priests have rituals for calling back souls. Even if you don't have Chinese friends, you can go to temples in Chinatown. If they have mediums in the temple, they might be able to help you.

As with Korean shamans, spiritual workers in Asian countries generally work for money. Some advertise. It's important to be discerning. As with all occupations, some spiritual workers are good, and others are bad. You can also look up Daoist websites on the internet and inquire through email.

The original post did not mention demons. However, the replies indicate that demons are a problem. You don't have to find a shaman to exorcise demons. Most Asian cultures have exorcists. Again, I recommend Daoist priests. You can also contact your local Fengshui practitioner, because authentic Chinese Fengshui practitioners often have connections with Daoist spiritual workers. Tibetan Buddhist teachers generally also know about exorcism or about people who know about exorcism.

I mentioned mainly Asian practitioners, because other traditions are beyond my field of knowledge. Maybe other people have stuff to add?

It's important also to know that almost everyone is missing soul pieces. It is possible to live a fulfilling life even while missing certain soul pieces. Therefore, people who feel that they absolutely need a soul retrieval should first relax. Take a deep breath. When you search for a spiritual practitioner, take your time. Conduct the search systematically and be discerning.

Offline JJimmy

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 01:15:18 pm »
How about going to a hypnotherapist? Then they can put you into trance and help you find your missing parts and if the therapist is good they will have you deal with what ever caused you to loose that part of your self in the first place.  Hypnotherapy is very powerful and effective a few sessions with  someone who knows how to work and youll deal with it and move on..

Offline Kevin

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 12:33:42 pm »
"The original post did not mention demons. However, the replies indicate that demons are a problem. You don't have to find a shaman to exorcise demons." (Sword of Zilu)
Regarding them pesky demons, I personally recommend about 50 garlic bulbs threaded on common twine hung around the neck, saves air fare to Korea, a fact that is difficult to ignore in there perilous times...........

Offline outershell

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 12:53:17 am »
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the answer is no..... no, will not find an "authentic shaman" on the internet.

Hello, do you have a list of Authentic Shamans? And is there any way to actually find an authentic shaman who does actual soul retrevial of a persons immortal soul? If a soul has been trapped will a journeying Shaman be able to locate that soul?
those on the edge, can protect the center

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 03:12:43 am »
How about going to a hypnotherapist? Then they can put you into trance and help you find your missing parts and if the therapist is good they will have you deal with what ever caused you to loose that part of your self in the first place.  Hypnotherapy is very powerful and effective a few sessions with  someone who knows how to work and youll deal with it and move on..

It's also extremely easy to implant false memories by mistake or deliberately.

Offline Sword of Zilu

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 09:01:37 pm »
"The original post did not mention demons. However, the replies indicate that demons are a problem. You don't have to find a shaman to exorcise demons." (Sword of Zilu)
Regarding them pesky demons, I personally recommend about 50 garlic bulbs threaded on common twine hung around the neck, saves air fare to Korea, a fact that is difficult to ignore in there perilous times...........

That's pretty funny. Airfare is not that expensive these days, though.

In all seriousness, the poster asked a very specific question about his spiritual dilemma. Therefore, a relevant answer should be provided. Whether other people believe in demons and souls is irrelevant.

As people go through life, they face various spiritual problems. Sometimes, they can overcome these problems through simple means, such as prayer. At other times, they cannot overcome these problems by themselves. Therefore, they call in spiritual practitioners. Most people cannot devote a lot of time and energy to study spiritual things. Spiritual practitioners make it their profession to study spiritual things. This is why they can resolve problems which most people cannot resolve on their own. In this sense, a spiritual practitioner is no different from a plumber, a doctor or an engineer.

The shaman's most basic job is to mediate between the human world and the spirit world. Sometimes, this involves exorcism. Therefore, if the original poster feels that he cannot resolve his spiritual problems on his own, he should definitely find a spiritual practitioner who can.