Author Topic: Nigerian Black introducing myself.  (Read 3187 times)

Nigerian Black introducing myself.
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:00:17 pm »
Hello,

My name is Olatunde Aroloye. Born in England, 1960, I am a West Nigerian of the Yoruba Tribe. I currently reside in Ile-Ife, Osun State, where I work at the Obafemi Awolowo University as a Medical Laboratory Assistant.

I am a Born Again, Full Gospel Pentecostal Christian, since 1979. I quit Organized Christianity in 1985, when I started to get into deep Spiritual Experiences I could not reconcile with the available Teachings by even the most advanced Churches.

I did not ever want to have anything to do with any sort of sorcery, but when my life was threatened by my own family in 1992  apparently connected to sorcery, I began to try to research anything I could find out about it, to try to understand my family's behavior.

The only writer on Sorcery available was Carlos Castaneda. For some reason, there was a glut of JOURNEY TO IXTLAN and THE FIRE FROM WITHIN on our supermarkets and street markets.

I read those books, and understood everything he said, and found little or no conflict between his Don Juan teachings, and my Biblical beliefs. Actually, I felt they rather explained The Bible.

Our University library has THE TEACHINGS OF DON JUAN and A SEPARATE REALITY, but it took eleven years before I could get my hands on all the rest, but THE WHEEL OF TIME.

By 1994, a student friend introduced me to SCIENTOLOGY, and I got all its basic books.

About 1999, another friend lent me THE CELESTINE PROPHECY, and that equally made sense to me.

I put out bulletin board messages inviting Free-Thinking Christians to connect with me, but got no results.

I had more than enough Knowledge to have started some sort of commercial movement, but it seemed to me, based on Christian Experience, that money kills Spirituality.

I recently began to try to use this New Age Sprirituality to debug Christianity, when a Shill told a Forum I was in that Carlos Castaneda had been debunked. I searched and found the site he had plagiarized, but also turned up a post on this site too.

So I joined up.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Nigerian Black introducing myself.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:48:25 pm »
Welcome. I'm not sure how Castaneda could fit w/Pentecostal beliefs. It's mostly plagiarizes Hinduism and Taoism and appeals to western fantasies about "primitive" peoples. Glad this site helps you. Jay Fikes wrote a book length debunking of Castaneda. Or you could read anything legitimate on the actual Yaqui and notice it is nothing like the fantasies he peddles. Probably the best known writings on the Yaqui are from Ned Spicer.