Author Topic: Ancestral Voices/ Phillip Scott  (Read 144842 times)

Offline Otter3

Re: Ancestral Voices/ Phillip Scott
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2013, 06:00:36 pm »
Thank you Epiphany and Educated Indian

used2bnaf

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
The main reason you won't be hearing from Phillip is because he will be at the Lone Star Sun Dance in Texas.  He is a little busy right now.  I'm sure he will stay current with what is said here about him.  I have had enough experience with him to figure that out.  I suspect we will hear some defense of him after LSSD.

Used2bnaf

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »
I hope he doesn't trip over a crystal skull while he's there and break a chakra  :o

Autumn

« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »
I hope he doesn't trip over a crystal skull while he's there and break a chakra  :o

Or trip over a chakra and break a crystal skull!  :) :) :)

used2bnaf

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 09:20:16 pm »
Oh....there are not any crystal skulls there.  Just some very spiritually hungry and emotionally unequipped non-natives trying to be traditional.  I don't say that with any meanness.  they really do think they are doing the right thing and helping people.  I think that most of them would stop if they saw how racist and damaging it actually is to the Lakota people.

used2bNAF

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2013, 02:33:18 am »
No they would not those people have the ideal that they have the right to our ways, even when we see them do wrong things and tell
them they dont listen
In Spirit

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 01:53:56 pm »
 That's been my observation with most of these types. Confrant them and try to explain what they are doing is disrespectful and damaging, and watch the justifications fly.

No they would not those people have the ideal that they have the right to our ways, even when we see them do wrong things and tell
them they dont listen

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2013, 01:55:53 pm »
IIRC, that Mary Grimes character has crystal skulls as part of her gig.

Oh....there are not any crystal skulls there.  Just some very spiritually hungry and emotionally unequipped non-natives trying to be traditional.  I don't say that with any meanness.  they really do think they are doing the right thing and helping people.  I think that most of them would stop if they saw how racist and damaging it actually is to the Lakota people.

used2bNAF

Epiphany

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »
used2bNAF

Most people don't want to know, and when they do know, don't stop. Once people leave Scott, they may move on to yet another fraud group, they may not understand that both Scott and Nuage philosophy are the problems.

So they have to both leave Scott and related Nuage ripoffs.

I as a person with white privilege could view them as people who mean well, who want to do the right thing. Because what they are doing doesn't impact me, a white person, I and my family don't have to live every day with the impact of their choices, I'm not a target of prejudice in this way.

So I have the luxury of assuming that they mean well. They aren't beating their wives and children, they seem earnest in their spiritual pursuit, surely they would stop if only they knew.

But as the passage of time shows, most people don't listen and they don't stop.

Those of us with white privilege can be victimized by con artists and we can go very astray in our pursuit of spiritual fulfillment. Sooner than later we have to get a grip. We have to get free of criminals and we have to stop grasping for what is not ours to own.

I believe we also have to tell the truth to each other.  We need to hold each other to higher standards.

Those in Scott's group need to get free of him. They also need to do the hard, uncomfortable work of seeing their own privilege.

used2bnaf

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 02:39:33 pm »
IIRC, that Mary Grimes character has crystal skulls as part of her gig.

used2bNAF

They were a part of her "road show" I think, but not at dance.  I went to this particular dance for many years.  There were never any crystal skulls around.  Thunder usually just kinda blows in and leaves kinda like a rock star.  She doesn't spend any real amount of time there.  It is a show.

On another note....I am grateful I found this site.  I am also grateful that I was able to hear the truth from the people on these boards.

Used2bNaf

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2013, 04:19:41 pm »
Unfortunately Leonard Crow Dog had given his approval for the Lone Star Sundance and they use that as a justification that it is alright

Offline Annderling

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2013, 02:32:31 pm »
I'd like to thank you all for this forum.  I knew Phillip Scott. And I am glad to see he has been called out. I feel vindicated just from reading this forum.  I hope his followers will be able to see the truth, no matter how painful it is for them.

used2bnaf

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2013, 08:18:46 pm »
I'd like to thank you all for this forum.  I knew Phillip Scott. And I am glad to see he has been called out. I feel vindicated just from reading this forum.  I hope his followers will be able to see the truth, no matter how painful it is for them.

Feel free to add your experience to this thread.  It will be helpful to those who start to question.

used2b..

Offline Otter3

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2013, 10:34:29 pm »

Welcome, Annderling. Thank you for your words.  I too am a former follower.  I agree with used2bnaf,  and hope you will add to this thread.

Offline Creekside

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:31 am »
Apparently Scott is still active. I received this in an email advertisement for this store, which is local to me: http://www.moonfyre.net/Calendar%20click%20throughs/Chief%20Black%20Horse%20-%20final%20upgrade%20return%20healin%20days%20-%20sept%2015%202014.pdf

Chief Black Horse Returns To Moonfyre Metaphysical
Welcome to the world of healing and spirituality with Chief Black Horse.
Chief Black Horse (Phillip Scott) is of Oklahoma Tsalagi (Cherokee) Ancestry and has walked the Native Path for over thirty
years, learning from traditional Medicine/Holy people, tribal Spiritual leaders, shamans and elders from various cultures.
Sundancing for the past twenty-one consecutive years, he is a ceremonial Chief in the Lakota tradition, sanctioned to share Indigenous wisdom and traditional healing practices with the contemporary world.

On Monday, September 15, 2014, Chief Black Horse will be coming to Moonfyre Metaphysical to bring us healing sessions and readings that follow the ways and procedures of the Native American Tradition. This work is powerful and Chief Black Horse
knows how to get it done. Come discover for yourself the healing ways of Chief Black Horse. Sessions are by appointment only. Contact us for pricing. That evening, Chief Black Horse will be presenting a special ceremony. Again, following
the Native American tradition, this ceremony will help us honor the Autumn Equinox, connect with the season, and find the healing opportunities within. Treat yourself to the deep wisdom and healing available in this special event. This evening's cost
is listed below. This is a rare opportunity as Chief Black Horse travels the world teaching, sharing, and conducting healing sessions. Filled with a deep passion to help others, Chief Black Horse will bring us into his teachings and way of life so that we may understand our own lives much better. Let’s support his endeavors to share his sacred and valuable teachings not only to us, but to others everywhere.

Where:
Moonfyre Metaphysical
401 E Campbell Ave,
Campbell, Ca
Cost for Evening Event:
We ask for a respectful donation of $35
Call Moonfyre Metaphysical At 408-370-0333
To Sign Up Now For This Amazing Event!
Space is limited so don't delay! Register Now