Author Topic: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk  (Read 107299 times)

apukjij

Re: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »
well you never called them frauds bls, but i will, and i consider this group dangerous, i was on their FB acct, and the "soveran" (i use that term cause they remind me of the camel eye phonies) rhetoric that dave cada (who has canadian status) spouts is is more than just your everyday propaganda, its clever, cunning and decieving, from thier FB site:
       "The time to begin the process of a walk to the government offices to protest and demand our rights, freedom and justice for our people. A time for all Natives across the Americas to protest once and for all the ill-treatment and broken promises, crimes and treaties that the government has committed on our peoples of Turtle Island. This group is to rally a call to wake all of us Natives up and rally against the governments of Americas and to speak up in a march towards the governments doorsteps with all of our Nations of Aboriginals in unity. A rally cry to all of our people to stand up and be accounted for, because we will no longer stand in self pity while our land and resources are being stolen from underneath us. A time to protest at the governments offices and beat our drums and yell out with our strongest voices that we are no longer going to take it anymore. The line has been drawn and the promises have all been broken for centuries. We(our Native brothers and sisters) are one now in unity, and we have all come together to stand up for what is ours and what has been promised, no matter how long it takes. We are not the outsiders here, this is our land and we did not lose no wars to surrender it."

joseph goebbels couldnt have done better, because hes status and lived on da Rez, he knows exactly what buttons to push in his rhetoric, and while on his group he sent out many missives each day like that, it actually breaks my Heart to see such talent go to waste advocating for the chickenmonga tribe of fl. if i was christian id say this was evil.

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 02:52:57 am »
And here once again we have another group, very interesting site, check out there trading post!

Chickamauga Cherokee Indian Creek Band

Seek Federal Recognition

http://www.manataka.org/page1689.html

reported to CNO task Force as it appears they are selling CNO patches.

They just keep on coming. ??? :-[
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

Offline bls926

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 05:19:28 am »
NEWS FLASH

Chickamauga Cherokee Indian Creek Band
Seek Federal Recognition

The Indian Creek Band of the Chickamauga Creek and Cherokee seek support from the public to inspire Congressman Mica (R - FL) to accept and support their bid for Federal Recognition.

Chief Old Billy Bowleggs designated the Indian Creek Band as keepers of the history for all Chickamauga Cherokee.

http://www.manataka.org/page1689.html

Here's a NEWS FLASH . . . The Indian Creek Band of Chickamauga Cherokee are not Indian; they are not Cherokee.

This is the same bunch who is organizing the Native Blood Drive. They have an ad for the rally on Manataka. http://www.manataka.org/page493.html  It sounds more like what they're saying on their own site http://www.chickamaugacherokee.org/ (federal recognition for their tribe of wannabes) than what they're proclaiming on the Native Blood Drive facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/NATIVE-BLOOD-DRIVE-AUGUST-18-19-LINCOLN-MEMORIAL/455081800014?v=app_2347471856#  (unity, preservation, human rights, saving the environment).

They also have the Non Government Mixed Blood Indians facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Non-Government-Mixed-Blood-Indians/351466681973?v=info#  That one's full of twisted facts and out-right lies.

Another facebook group they have is The Chickamauga Cherokee Teaching Council. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chickamauga-Cherokee-Teaching-Council/225651333296#  They teach things like the Cherokee Prayer Blessing; you know the one where moccasins make happy tracks in the snow and a rainbow is on your shoulder.

The Chickmauga Cherokee in Deltona, Florida are really making a name for themselves this year.

I can't believe the number of people who are friends/fans on their pages. Apparently very few take the time to read anything, before they confirm a friend request. Shaking my head.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:07:11 am by bls926 »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 07:16:39 am »
Yes, we have a long thread on them here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0

Offline bls926

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2010, 04:21:20 pm »
They've added an extra day to this fiasco, due to the huge interest. Guess we haven't been vocal enough about what's going on, haven't gotten the truth out there. It's either that or the wannabes outnumber real Indians. Now that's a sad thought.

NATIVE BLOOD DRIVE..EXTENDED 17-18-19
Wed at 7:27am
The Native Blood Drive gathering in Washiington D.C./Lincoln Memorial has been extended another day. We will now be gathering on August 17, 18 and 19. We have just HAD to add the 17th becasue of the great interest in this Historical Gathering.
So many Tribal Families and Speakers are asking to have a VOICE and others wishing to be in attendance....the 17th of August has been added to the calander.
We are deeply honored that we have brought about such interest and Native Blood is willing to speak and perform to get the word out about: discrimination, Leonard Peltier, the American Indian statue being replace in front of the White House, Federal Native American Day, the suicide rates in Native youth, the atrocities in the West this winter, allowing religious freedom to American Indians, to name just a few.
There is so much, it would take more than THREE days to get it all out. We intend to do our best.
Join us in ALL TRIBES, ALL NATIVE BLOOD, Mixed Bloods, Non-Government Indians, ALL NATIONS, speaking/playing to Washington D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial on August 18-19. The United Kingdom, Russia, Austria, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Greece, has joined us to march and speak in their country. More are signing up daily. We are honored to ask you to attend, speak, play at the NATIVE BLOOD DRIVE in Washington. Native Blood has been separated for to many decades, we will join together as brothers and sisters and make our voice heard. We have Russell ‘StrongBow’ Cooper, Michael Bucher, Joseph Strider, Jay NightWolf from WPFW radio, Ed Koban, Fred Nordhorn with the Color Guard & Gourd Dancers, Chickamauga Singers Healing Drum from 8000 drums, Roderick GreenGrass, Pam ShiningStar, Thunder With the Hands Drum Group, David ‘Storm Wolf’ Watts and many, many others to perform, dance, play and speak at this historic event. Presently we have the following Tribal Families represented, Cherokee, Lakota, Cheyenne, Souix, Odawa, Ho-Chunk Nation, Oneida, Cree, Mohawk, Metis, Shawnee, Head Sachem of the Notoweega, Pottawatomie Native American, also the Native Hawaiians and Alaskans will be represented. Why does Native Hawaii stand on a waiting list?
etc…Over 1 million expected. Native America needs ALL NATIVE BLOOD to attend, speak, play, tell the government we will no longer be treated as rubbish, the right to practice our religion [spirituality], to stop killing Mother Earth...the list's of our treatment is endless...please join us with your Tribal Family. Look where separation as brought us. We have separated from one another and our Earth.
We are honored to ask for your voice, to attend, speak, and/or perform at this historic endeavor. For more info please contact me.
Event Co-coordinator
No_moccasin_woman@yahoo.com
Our goals, in representing Native America, are an attempt to stop the discrimination and make the government take NOTICE of all Native Blood. i.e., the atrocities, in ND, and all around the country. The attempt to make Federal Laws honor at least one of the many treaties they have broken, to stop taking Native Land, TO KEEP THEIR TREATIES AND PROMISES, so long broken. To stand in mass as ONE BLOOD, and let Federal Government, know we are still here. To speak, of the treatment of Mother Earth and the atrocities being laid there. To ask the U.S. Government to 'Free Leonard' after his wrongful imprisonment. To ask why so many Native Bloods are left out of claiming their heritage, the list's are endless...it is in general for a better life, Human Rights, a new recognition of Native Blood. This discrimination, not allowing us the Freedom of religion that, they have. The very reason Anglo’s came here in the beginning.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NATIVE-BLOOD-DRIVE-AUGUST-18-19-LINCOLN-MEMORIAL/455081800014?v=app_2347471856#

Edit to add link.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:24:01 pm by bls926 »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2010, 05:45:08 pm »
I don't think it's actually getting that much attention and will probably be a huge failure. What they actually said was that, as long as their permit is for three days, why not have the event last three days.

Online this thing is mentioned on a grand total of 33 sites according to google, and almost all of those are facebook pages, including ones in Japan and China and Korea and Thailand where they apparently repost anything that seems NDN related. I really doubt anyone will come all the way from Thailand for this thing though.

They're calling for or claiming there will be 1 million people, but I'd be amazed if they get even 1/1,000 of that. My guess is there will be a couple dozen so called Chickamaugas surrounded by a few hundred curious or gullible people, plus a few activists there to raise the profile of serious issues like Peltier.

Even their petition for this thing, it has a grand total of 88 signatures. Maybe 1/5 of them from Europe.

Offline bls926

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26:30 pm »
I don't think it's actually getting that much attention and will probably be a huge failure.

Al, I think you're being overly optimistic.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 09:07:09 pm »
I don't think it's actually getting that much attention and will probably be a huge failure.

Al, I think you're being overly optimistic.

I don't think so. As others pointed out, what can they possibly hope to achieve by this march? The feds will never recognize them and neither will the three actual Cherokee tribes. Playing NDN in public for three days won't change much, and likely some of the actual activists who show up will go away from this knowing better than to have anything to do with the so called Chickamaugas again.

Look at who they list as showing up anyway. Basically themselves, their own drum groups, honor guards, etc. Also...

"The United Kingdom, Russia, Austria, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Greece, has joined us to march and speak in their country."

I'm guessing that the whole country is not coming over...likely they found a few naive people in each place.

"Jay NightWolf from WPFW radio"

He runs a one hour a week local radio show on Native issues. How could he not show up? Say's he Taino.

"Russell ‘StrongBow’ Cooper, Michael Bucher, Joseph Strider"

Strider's a musician who likely thinks he's there for a good cause. Being Lipan (there two unrecognized Lipan bands in south Texas) probably makes him sympathetic. Bucher is also a musician, Cherokee. Also a Mohawk musician, Ed Koban, and a Hochunk one, Greengrass.

Cooper's from the Tallige Cherokee, an unrecognized bunch in Ohio. They have a dubious history themselves. See this older thread.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=870.5;wap2

"Pam ShiningStar...David ‘Storm Wolf’ Watts"
These two are Chickamaugas. Big deal. Do they have even one notable speaker for this event? Even one credible group backing them up?

And these musicians, are they being paid to come there?

"...the following Tribal Families represented, Cherokee, Lakota, Cheyenne, Souix, Odawa, Ho-Chunk Nation, Oneida, Cree, Mohawk, Metis, Shawnee"
Basically, that's the musicians, dubious people claiming to be Cherokee, and "Souix" and supposed "Metis tribe". Anyone else think they're not likely to be credible people?

Also... "Head Sachem of the Notoweega."
That's yet another unrecognized bunch in Ohio. Their "tribal" homepage is actually...a myspace page. And it hasn't even been logged into in two years. They do sell their "tribal flags" on the Manataka website for 120 bucks. And they were part of a shared powwow in Logan OH four years ago. http://www.melungeons.com/union/Tribal_Gathering2006.htm
http://www.myspace.com/notoweeganation

But other than that, little sign of them.

Really, how likely is it they can get even 1000 people there? And most of them will be there to see the musicians.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 10:42:44 pm »
Only those who've never organized a March on Washington (and probably never attended one) would be so naive as to think a Facebook page with 1,668 "fans" will result in 1,000,000 people showing up in person. Most of the people on there have accepted "friendship" requests from that group without even bothering to see what the group is about.

Look at all the organizing that went into the Million Man March, how well publicized it was. Million people? No.

I attended a number of well-organized Marches on Washington in the eighties, including the 1981 Pentagon mobilization (against the war in Central America), anti-nuclear demos, and gay rights marches at the height of the AIDS pandemic. These were run by skilled, seasoned anti-war veterans, gay rights groups, women's groups, etc., with sometimes a year lead-time to build on grass-roots organizing, and convoys of chartered buses bringing loads of demonstrators from major cities. We never got a million people. And there are far, far more anti-war and anti-AIDS activists out there than there are pretendians. Bragging on the intarwebs don't make it so.

Check this group out http://www.facebook.com/pages/Native-BloodOrgans-drive-23rd-December-2012-Atlantis/329992728669?ref=nf

If they were as aggressive as the Pretendians they'd have just as many fans by now, too.

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2010, 01:52:30 am »
Well, most people are not going to take time off work and pay the expenses of this sort of trip to DC unless it is something they are deeply passionate about. I just don't think there's that many people deeply passionate about this group and what they're mis-informing they are after. 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Unegv Waya

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 07:20:14 am »
Whitewolf said

I sent a letter to Rep. Watson about HR 2824 and HR 2761, asking her what had been done to assist the Freedmen with any difficulties they are experiencing due to their change in CN citizen status.  I never got a reply.  Since then I have looked at a lot of the business that has been presented to the congress and never once found even a proposal to do anything to assist the Freedmen directly.  Seems the only thing that ever went to congress were the two bills Watson submitted to punish the CN.  

In my mind that says that the sponsors of those bills were not acting in the Freedmen's best interest as they, the sponsors, are trying to portray.

Again, if I've got this wrong please set me straight.

wado

But Whitewolf, what would make the Freedmen descendents any different from the millions of other descendents of slaves in this country?

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, Black Wolf.  Medical matters had me occupied for a bit but all is well now.

In my mind, the feds already designated the Freedmen as a unique cultural group if not racial group.  If memory serves, some of those Freedmen were not former slaves of the Cherokee but just part of the many former slaves that existed after the civil war.  Unless I've totally misunderstood the legal history of the time, these Freedmen were not considered citizens of the US so the feds did not want to have to separate any of them for repatriation as they were never really considered US citizens in the first place.  That is why the treaty of 1866 came about - to make the Freedmen citizens of the Cherokee nation and not US citizens.  At least that one of the major purposes it served for the feds of the day.

Now that some of those Freedmen, or rather their descendants, do not meet the citizen requirements of the CN, under the same basic guidelines used and accepted to determine heritage by the BIA itself, they are placed in a unique position of no longer having the steward that will represent them to the feds.  As a result the feds need to establish some sort of formal arrangements with the Freedmen in order so that what ever assistance was designated for their welfare as part of the stewardship can be given directly to the Freedmen themselves.  

Maybe a simpler way to put is is this; the issue seems to be that some Freedmen no longer receive the benefits that members of the CN receive.  Part of what the feds pay the CN annually is for the Freedmen.  So, why not just take that amount any give it to the Freedmen directly without the CN being the middle man or manager?  I mentioned recognizing the affected Freedmen as their own unique group because something like that would likely have to occur so that the Freedmen can receive the assistance directly.  I could be wrong though.

Make any sense or is it just ramblings?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:22:49 am by Unegv Waya »
nvwatohiyadv

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 09:35:13 pm »
The Freedmen were already compensated and given Cherokee Nation citizenship in 1866.  The "descendents of Freedmen" today have no right to Cherokee Nation Citizenship because they don't have a blood quantum on the Dawes Rolls.

Tribes get services for their members because of Treaties, there's nothing specific for the descendents of Freedmen.  The slaves of white people in the South were treated just as bad as the slaves of Cherokees. And the descendents of the slaves of whites don't get any special privledges, so why should the descendents of slaves of Cherokees get a special status?

Offline Unegv Waya

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:19 pm »
Ah, that is where I missed something, Black Wolf.  I had the impression that as part of the 1866 treaty compensation for accepting the Freedmen the feds had increased the federal allotment to the Cherokee.  Seems that wasn't the case.  Thanks for the correction.
nvwatohiyadv

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
Also, the Cherokee Nation was the first of the 5 Tribes to free their slaves in 1863, 3 years before the 1866 Treaty. 

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2010, 12:11:59 pm »
new twist on things but it refers as no moccasins is the organizer

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=255394333108&ref=nf