Author Topic: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk  (Read 107374 times)

Offline LittleOldMan

Re: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 11:08:34 am »
I just had this picture of my ancestors both Native and White looking at each other laughing behind their hands at some of these people trying to be something that they are not.  We are all mixed to some degree Tribes with Tribes, Tribes with White, Tribes with Black.   Celebrate all your ancestors.  The Creator made our brains capable of it.  Celebrate the totality of your blood and adopt the best each has to offer.    "LittleOldMan"  
Blind unfocused anger is unproductive and can get you hurt.  Controlled and focused anger directed tactically wins wars. Remember the sheath is not the sword.

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2010, 04:03:57 pm »
Well, they can't get far then can they?  I mean, even with their walk in DC, if they aren't legit then they aren't legit and no amount of protest can really change that... correct?  Or is this wrong and it's possible they can get approved?  Seems unlikely to me, but what do I know..

No, the Chickamauga Cherokee won't achieve federal recognition; it's doubtful they'll even get Florida to recognize them. Right now that's probably the least of our worries. I'm concerned with the half-truths and out-right lies. They've put their own spin on everything from Cherokee history to how enrolled and/or full-bloods view unenrolled mixed-bloods. They claim that all enrolled are full-bloods, that mixed-bloods will never be enrolled with their Nation, that all full-bloods hate all mixed-bloods. Lies. How many people will believe these lies? How much damage will be done? What kind of feelings will these lies engender? What will happen . . . ??

Well, you're right about the spread of lies and misinformation. I went to bed thinking about all this.  I don't know. I mean,
I don't know what will 'happen'.  Trying to zoom out to see a very larger picture of all this.  But I just don't see where this is all going. All I can think is to suggest creating a group on FB that counters this group. And recruiting your own members to help spread the truth. I really don't know what else to say. 

You're right the lies can be damaging.  It is painful to see people believing things about you... (your self, your culture, your people) that are just bold faced lies spread about by some person who is jealous.  I know this first hand. I hate this kind of thing.  But I've never known what to do or what can be done about it.

However, Paul says 3 million?  It is hard to believe that 3 million people are just believing this hook, line and sinker.  Of course, if there is nothing out there, available, easily and readily available to them, (where they don't really have to look so hard or not at all) to counter this, then they are just going to go with the flow so to speak.  But still, 3 million people, some of them have to have more sense or idea to actually go look for facts.. I would think.  If not, then it's a really sad statement of human intelligence.

Create a page with the facts simply stated so in the first glance a person sees something true that makes them want to stick there and read more of it.  Name the page something that is akin to these other pages so the people think it's part of the 'same' thing.. and post it up.  That's about all I can think of that can really be done.  I'm sure it's already been thought of. 

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »
3 million? I'll be stunned if they can muster 3 hundred. Numbers on facebook do not translate to numbers in person.

And if any actual NDNs show up, I think they're going to be stunned when they realize they're surrounded by white pretendians in chicken feather war bonnets.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:07:01 pm by Kathryn »

Offline Paul123

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »
Blackwolf is rather good with the math on the unenrolled Cherokee, and I'm sure that he would quickly confirm that there just aren't 3 million of them out there. Unless they said "free food" or something like that. 

Offline bls926

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:16 am »
On February 26th, someone posted excerpts from this thread along with links. They're still there; you just have to look under "older posts".

I think they're starting to feel the heat. Apparently others are starting to question their motives, too. No Moccasins made these post yesterday and today.

TRUTH!
Yesterday at 8:09pm
It is dishonorable to JUDGE without going to the source. Therefore, if you have questions about this Native Blood Gathering, please ask...don't go on rumor, don't go on judgement. No matter what you hear, no matter the gossip. This Native Blood Drive Gathering is for ALL Native Blood. There is definatley no money to be made...the profit lies in the gathering of ALL Native Blood to have a voice.
The D.C. Permits for the gathering....alone... are in excess of $5000.00. That is just the permits. Audio, video and everything else, not even mentioned here. There will be NOTHING sold....only gain for all Native Blood.
The hateful remarks about how it is organized....well, we are just following the rules laid down by the U.S. Parks Service and the D.C Police. Please, by all means, contact them.
We have nothing to hide!
We honor all requests.

NATIVE BLOOD DRIVE AUGUST 18-19, LINCOLN MEMORIAL Honored Friends, we are THE Native Blood Drive Gathering group. There is no other. Many have come forth in their effort to help. We do not have any control over what they say or do. We are THE original Blood Drive Gathering Group. No other GROUP is affiliated with us. So whatever you may read, and please feel free to ask us.
3 hours ago

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NATIVE-BLOOD-DRIVE-AUGUST-18-19-LINCOLN-MEMORIAL/455081800014#

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 08:33:07 pm »
 http://chickamaugacherokee.org/news/
I did post on the site , "I am not sure what this is all about, could you clarify, is this about getting members for the "tribe", No-Moccassins posted a lenghtly post, that it had nothing to do with gaining members for the tribe,  when I went back in to copy and paste it is gone. I also reported this group to the CNO task force, which I am a member of.
These people do not even know their traditions or teachings of the Tsalagi, simply another wannabe group. I am going to continue to follow this group. They do not even know that the Cherokee never wore a Feathered Head Dress, their ragalia is not Cherokee.
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

Offline taraverti

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 01:58:14 am »

Creepy logo

http://www.cafepress.com/AugustMarch

At least there are no THONGS!    :o

Offline BlackWolf

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 02:00:22 am »
I also noticed that they now have a very extensive list of guest speakers and performers scheduled for their March on Washington.

http://chickamaugacherokee.org/guests/

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 02:43:01 am »
I also noticed that they now have a very extensive list of guest speakers and performers scheduled for their March on Washington.

One of their alleged guest speakers is Moses Brings Plenty, and they didn't even spell his name right. They just put MO.

Anyhow he is a very well known and respected person in Indian country. I have contacts with people that know him personally. I am going to get in contact with them and see if he is really going to speak for them, or if he even knows they are mentioning him.

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 06:48:34 pm »
sent to me from a friend in on their site:

No Moccasins  ...NO! It is about RIGHTS, RIGHTS given to others but not given to Native Americans. About our monuments being taken down, the destruction of our sacred sites termed 'digs' and selling the items to cover the cost of their 'dig'. It is about Native American DAY, which does not exist. They gave us the month of November, the thanksgiving month of the whites....what a slap in the face...the list goes on...
Many many, Native Blood descendants would not ever stretch out their hands and ask for their money from any governemnt.. Thier Ancestors did not....and they remain true to their ancestors. I personally have an I.D. card, but it doesn't have ANY BLOOD IN IT! The blood of my ancestors is within me.
This Native Blood Drive Gathering/Green Dot for Our Earth, has gained so much National and Inter-National attention it has been expanded to the 18 and the 19 of August.
As soon as that Event is over, The Founder of Green Dot will be leaving on a World Tour to draw more international attention to the pains of our Earth.
Walk in Peace... See More
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

Offline Rattlebone

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2010, 09:07:22 pm »

I was told today that Moses Brings Plenty is NOT one of their speakers. It is my understanding that he wants his name removed from this list, and had no idea he was even on it.

I would seriously question if any of the other people they are claiming are supporting them or speaking for them really are.

Offline tahcha_sapa

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2010, 12:22:32 am »
This letter has been emailed around.  I don't know too much about this ThunderHawk guy but he has been denounced by a Lakota/Shoshone man who lives in Florida who is from the real Thunderhawk Family.  Has anyone ever heard of this man "Charlie ThunderHawk"?

His real name is Joe Molano.  I think it only serves to promote Joe Molano's agenda to have him continually referred to by his alias. The following information is from a post on another site on the internet about him, dated a couple of years ago, and was taken from the Federal Wildlife Officers Association site at http://www.fwoa.org/

I've uploaded a pic of him taken from the Chickamauga site and posted it here as an attachment.

FWS and Native Americans Cooperate on Illegal Trading Conviction

Last year, members of the Native American community in Nashville, Tennessee, apprised FWS agents that Joe Angel Molano (aka Charles Thunderhawk, aka Sam Lone Wolf) was illegally trading in eagle feathers while masquerading as a Native American. The subsequent investigation led to charges against Molano for trading protected wildlife parts and products and his conviction on those charges in federal court last August. Molano was sentenced to 45 days in a federal penitentiary and a year's supervised probation, and fined $500 to reimburse the government for costs incurred during the investigation. Following the investigation, American Indian Movement (AIM) national field director Dennis Banks met with FWS officials to discuss the drafting of a resolution urging all tribal councils to cooperate with FWS law enforcement personnel in fighting illegal trafficking in wildlife. In a press release issued after the conviction, AIM had this to say: "The sentencing brings a halt to a career based on intimidation, violence, lies and disrespect for Indian Peoples and Native Spirituality. Court proceedings brought to light more than 20 aliases, nine felony arrests, and eight different Social Security numbers in the last ten years. Molano's con game was uncovered and denounced by AIM shortly after the Sundance at Pipestone in 1994. Up to then, Molano had been conducting ceremonies and sweats for money. 'This is an important step in the fight to stop the desecration of our ceremonies, sacred items and Indian Peoples", stated Dennis Banks. 'This will send a message to other phony "Medicine Men and women", Indian and non-Indian, that we will no longer tolerate the disrespect and desecration that has occurred in the past ten years.'"

Offline bls926

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2010, 11:17:37 pm »
The word is getting out. It seems the Chickamauga Cherokee/Native Blood Drive are starting to feel the heat. And in good wannabe fashion, they're trying to do damage control. They lie about who they are, hide their real agenda, and we're the bad guys? This isn't the first time we've seen rants like this. How dare you question who I am. See how important I am. Look at everything I'm fighting for. I'll even mention retrieving treaties with England and Spain. Okay . . . You really need to be part of a Nation to speak about treaties.

NAME CALLING!

Yesterday at 5:54am
We knew this time would come. Now we are being called names. We are being called 'frauds'. If the description of 'fraud' is attempting to UNITE ALL NATIVE BLOOD about the issues of Native Americans, if is asking for help with the present the suicide rate amoung Native Youth in D.C., if asking to save our Wolves, if asking to save our Sacred Sites from the white man's 'digs', if the effort going out is for Human Rights for all of Native America and others, if 'fraud' is seeking justice from discrimination, if it is attempting to have the American Indian monument replace at the White House, if it is to raise the issues of Pine Ridge to the government, if 'fraud' is UNITY, if it is the very basics of HUMAN RIGHTS, if it is working with England and Spain and retrieving the treaties there, if it is attempting to teach about the Tribes that no longer exist in this country with demo's and lectures and examples of apparel, if it is creating awareness of our Spiritual beliefs and seeking the sacred items we need to practice our spirituality, if raising awareness and hopeful of having the TRUTH taught in our schools and colleges about Native America, if 'fraud is an awakening of HUMAN RIGHTS, if it is the attempt to have all UNITE and support these causess and more.......then what are we?
If we were any other race, would these statements be made? It is proof positive that some of Native America, will continue to walk separate paths, to the destination of extinction.

There will be attempts to even pick these words apart and find fault and issues. Separation has brought us this far and it will undoubtly take some on a rutted path...as they continue to cry to deaf ears.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NATIVE-BLOOD-DRIVE-AUGUST-18-19-LINCOLN-MEMORIAL/455081800014#

I never called them frauds. I did say they were not Indian, were not Cherokee. Oh yeah, I did call them pretendians in one e-mail. Well, if the shoe fits . . .

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:28:59 am by bls926 »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 12:52:59 am »
ROFL! This made my day. ;D

...so much ignorance in that one post of theirs. This really is someone who is so out of touch and doesn't know the most basic things to pass off their deception convincingly.

"...if it is attempting to have the American Indian monument replace at the White House,"

Does anyone know what the heck they're talking about? No such thing exists or has ever existed that I know of. A search online shows they're the only ones claiming this exists, outside of a flag circle the Little Shell tribe mentions from half a decade ago.

"...if it is working with England and Spain and retrieving the treaties there,"

Oh brother. I'm gonna be charitable and hope they're talking about getting the old paper treaties removed from European museums. If they actually think treaties from Europe have any legal power anymore...

And if they are trying to get the paper treaties moved back, they're just getting in the way and muddying the issue. Museums aren't gonna hand over historic items to people making phony claims about who they are.

"...if it is attempting to teach about the Tribes that no longer exist in this country with demo's and lectures and examples of apparel"

Very revealing. Apparel is what you cover a sofa with. NDNs say regalia, lady.

"If we were any other race, would these statements be made?"

You mean if they weren't white pretenders? No, actually these statements would be made just as much were whites try to speak for and pretend to be Black, Asian, etc.

"It is proof positive that some of Native America, will continue to walk separate paths, to the destination of extinction."

Someone needs to quit imagining NDNs still live like it's 1890. NDNs aren't in danger of dying out in the US anymore. That is still true in Colombia or Brazil, sad to say.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:27 am »
"...if it is attempting to have the American Indian monument replace at the White House,"

Does anyone know what the heck they're talking about? No such thing exists or has ever existed that I know of. A search online shows they're the only ones claiming this exists, outside of a flag circle the Little Shell tribe mentions from half a decade ago.

Maybe they put some of their "tribal thongs" on the statues of Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington, etc and are pissed off that the Park Service removed them. ;D