Author Topic: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk  (Read 107440 times)

Offline paula

Re: Chickamauga Cherokee, March on Washington, Charlie ThunderHawk
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2010, 03:34:38 pm »
missed the show - did anyone see it?

also under news chance posted that the reason no moccasin's left was:

Members of the Council, Tribal members and friends,

While  Jeanie ‘No Moccasins” McKillip was our Tribal Head Mother of the Roundhouse, she did a wonderful job as she assisted this tribe in many capacities from Grant Coordinator to Tribal Shaman as well as her duties as Head Mother. Her resignation came about due to the illness of her husband and herself. We will certainly miss her as Head Mother where, through her wisdom and honor, she earned high respect not only from the office of the Principal Chief, but also from the Council members and the members of the Indian Creek Band. She brought many ideas to the Principal Chief which helped this tribe to prosper and grow as a Nation. I ask each of you to lift smoke and prayers for her and Brian to Yowa for them.

one of the members of the "tribe" is also sending out the name address and telephone numbers of individuals who disagree with chance to "discuss" their issues with them (maybe try to revise the persons way of thinking - isnt that what cults do??)

on her fb account no moccasins said she was forced out and chance sent out messages -

ya know i have a big question - how DO you shut this "tribe" down?? its so harmful to so many people and they create such problems.  i know bia and cherokee nation are investigating but how much info do they need to get these people to stop?

ps one of the people told me chances permit to operate as non profit has expired.

pps chance said he wanted federal lands and if you look on the site he posts that the next earth day will be held at lake ashby on the indian lands - so umm which is it?  im guessing he is wanting his own land to play God upon

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »
I didn't hear Nichols on the show. I see that he is routinely posting to Facebook soliciting donations. At first the donations were for this "march". Now the purpose seems vague. It's unclear whether there is any accountability or transparency for the money that people may have sent him.

Offline Superdog

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2010, 07:11:12 pm »
Well, from all accounts so far this event turned into exactly what we thought it would.  A big flop.  The petition with a goal of a millions signatures stalled at 104 total.  The videos of the speakers shows that if there were any people listening, they were quite small in numbers.  The rift between Terry Nichols(Green Dot for Earth) and the Chickamauga non-profit is another example of how these groups tend to be about certain individuals clamoring for some sort of power and not about their mission statements.

I was interested in a post on the Green Dot for Earth facebook page made by Nichols.   Prior to the event he solicited donations for the Native American Civil Rights Fund in order to cover expenses related to the event (when they were still broadcasting an expectation of 1,000,000 people so this was to go to police and crowd control and portapotties among other things).  When I google Native American Civil Rights Fund I only come up with the Native American Rights Fund who has nothing to do with either organization and I haven't found anything about any organization called the Native American Civil Rights Fund.....I'm wondering if this wasn't some sort of slight of hand to solicit donations to Green Dot (or Nichols himself) under a false name...and a name that coincidentally sounds a lot like a legitimate organization (namely NARF).  Seems very shady.  He posted that on July 13th...a month before the event and didn't raise the money, yet had the event anyway.  That leads me to believe that Nichols either knew that he didn't need that much money for the realistic crowd size yet solicited like he did (and under a false name), or he completely blundered and put on the event with completely inadequate funding and the Native American Civil Rights Fund actually exists and was coordinating all these logistic expenses for Nichols....considering all the time and advertising I would tend to assume the first conclusion is correct.  I'm just speculating, but it's something to think about and the limited evidence I've seen points in that direction.  Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on that.....

You can review the post here on the discussion page.  It's the 2nd or 3rd post from the top.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=265449619149&v=wall&ref=ts

Superdog

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 07:15:25 pm by Superdog »

Offline paula

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2010, 04:38:16 pm »

thanks for the pics  ;D  !  did anyone watch his video?  i saw he had a link but i just cant bring myself to watch.

one of the tribe members sent out an email with the name address and phone number of a family who has quit the tribe and brought most of chance's crap out into the open.  the member stated they were doing this so that tribe members can "discuss" the family's issues.  isnt that what cults do? 

Offline Superdog

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »
One the facebook page you can follow the timeline.  Literally in November of 2011 some of their "research" showed Dragging Canoe's ancestors to be Powhatan, Tuscarora and Shawnee....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RedNation-Chickamauga/128946590500045

"Through the years things get lost or turned around. I and others have been researching and now have documented proof on this; Moytoy (Grandfather of Dragging Canoe) was Powhatan; Attakullakulla (Little Carpenter) (Father of Dragging Canoe) was taken in a raid in Canada by the Cherokee as a baby and he was Nipissing. He later married a woman named Nionee (Mother of Dragging Canoe) who was Tuscarora and Shawnee. Together they had a son Named Dragging Canoe who became the leader of the Chickamauga. From all this it makes the Chickamauga Indians a branch of the Anishinabe / Algonquin."

Before that post they were clearly still calling themselves Cherokee.  The premise of the "tribe" is that they are all descendents of Dragging Canoe, who they now say was not Cherokee (except they didn't know that till recently....whoops).

Some of the comments have people asking "ok what about Cherokees?" with no response.....seems they don't know what they are now.....

The timeline still includes all the previous posts of the Red Nation of the Cherokee:  Chickamauga Band (which is the previous iteration of this group, now going by Red Nation Chickamauga Band.  They are definitely selling themselves as Algonquin/Anishnabe now.....

In reading some of the pages of the group members, there has literally been a change with some from greeting each other with "O'siyo" to now saying "Boozhoo"....   ::)

Superdog

Offline Superdog

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »
Interesting page....lot of posts discussing The First Nation Chickamauga (I'm assuming this is the latest iteration of this group...)

Lotta posts both ways.  Indians posting their opinions about these guys and Chickamauga members attempting to legitimize themselves.

Lots of drama to read, but no matter what....they can't seem to get the story straight.  To their detriment.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASKUWHETEAU8888/?ref=ts

Superdog

Offline Superdog

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »
While I don't think this book is really that big of a deal.  From what I've read on the Elder's Group and Traditionals fb page, there are people discussing it, but as usual in these cases, it's not properly sourced and research is dubious.  But they are trudging on with a volume 2.  However, on the lulu.com site (a self publishing site btw) they write their "About" like this:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/firstnationchickamauga2012

"First Nation Chickamagua Nation is under the leadership of Head Mother of the Roundhouse, Jeanie No Moccasin Woman, McKillip, Principal Chief Billy Dancing Buffalo Miller and 2nd Principal Chief Kermit, Peaceful Eagle, Manis The First Nation Chickamauga is a Native American nation that falls under the ancestry of the Algonquin Nation and language source."

CLEARLY misrepresenting their non-profit status and clearly presenting themselves as Native American.....seems they are willing to go that far.  Definitely worth keeping an eye on, although I don't believe this violates the Native Arts and Crafts Act as it is quite lenient on published works I believe, but definitely a clear misrepresentation on their part.

Superdog

Offline marley49

« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2012, 02:38:35 pm »
Charles Thunderhawk aka Sam Lone Wolf was on the evening news in the Dallas/Ft Worth area this past Tuesday. He was identifed as a Lakota tribal elder. A news conference concerning the investigation into the death of Lightning Medicine Cloud, the white buffalo calf, was held at the Lakota ranch in Greenville, Texas.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/pets/presses-authorities--163563716.html

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
Charles Thunderhawk aka Sam Lone Wolf was on the evening news in the Dallas/Ft Worth area this past Tuesday. He was identifed as a Lakota tribal elder. A news conference concerning the investigation into the death of Lightning Medicine Cloud, the white buffalo calf, was held at the Lakota ranch in Greenville, Texas.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/pets/presses-authorities--163563716.html

I don't know about this story, something isn't ringing true. I'll say this, it is sad about the animals, but why would a cattle rustler or some thief take the time to butcher a bison out in an open field. It doesn't make sense. The ranch is only 150 some acres (I could be wrong) which isn't that big. And they claim another Indian Tribe did this as revenge and jealousy!! No, I'm not buying it.

They have a known fraud speaking for them that chickamunga guy Charles Thunderhawk who now claims to be a Lakota elder. Also, I looked on their website http://lightningmedicinecloud.com/aboutls.html to see who these Little Soldiers are, and their bio is so poorly written and convoluted I'm still not sure who they are??? Maybe Earth can shed some light on them.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline marley49

« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »
I didn't want to name one who is being named a person of interest but since he has commented publicly then I'll post this:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19103318/white-buffalos-death-remains-a-mystery

Mr. Old Crow is full blood Cheyenne and has been in the Dallas area since the 1980's. He emcees at powwows through out Texas and is well respected in the native community.

Offline marley49

« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2012, 01:14:35 am »
Now Charles Thunderhawk aka Sam Lone Wolf has claimed to have been in law enforcement in Kansas. I can not find if this is true. But he is ready to take matters into his own hands if no one is arrested soon.

http://heraldbanner.com/local/x453797122/Little-Soldier-Buffalos-killing-a-terrorist-attack

Offline marley49

« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
http://lightningmedicinecloud.com/

Latest on their facebook, and they are surprised they are suspects.

Offline marley49

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »
The Palestine Herald, Palestine, Texas has a death notice for Sam Lonewolf dated January 11, 2013.