Author Topic: We're Back!  (Read 11636 times)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
We're Back!
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:30:08 pm »
Hi everyone, and welcome back!  I'm so glad we're up and running a gain. I don't think we've ever been down this long before....? Can anyone explain what happened?

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline Sparks

Re: We're Back!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »
I saw this announcement of April 3, 2016:

The site is temporarily down due to an equipment issue at the server. We're all still here and will be back online at the main site as soon as a part is replaced.

Thank you for your patience.

There are a couple of updates with essentially the same info, and I guess they will soon bring in the good news, too.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »
Yes, I'm told it was massive equipment failure at the server, and then multiple additional failures while putting things back together. Sorry for the downtime, and good to see you all!

Offline Zhaanpaxe

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »
I'm glad to see this this place is back... I was scared some crazy got it shut down somehow!
"It took Father Schoenmakers 15 years to make a white man out of me, and it will take just 15 minutes to make an Osage out of myself."

- 'Governor' Joe Panenopashe

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »
No, a couple of the angry frauds we've exposed were sockpuppeting online, spreading rumours we'd been "shut down" and even trying to take credit for it. Those predators were lying, just like they always do.

But just like any other group that uses an independent server, equipment issues happen. And sometimes, like this time, a bunch of different machines decided to kick the bucket all at once.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:07:57 am »
Best I can tell, we lost perhaps the last several weeks of posts before we went down, but luckily no more. Apparently it was some very complicated tech failures, thus the long down time.

To any and all frauds and imposters claiming we were "taken down" by them...haven't you learned yet? We've been going strong for 17 years, and we'll keep going as long as we're needed.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 03:44:13 am »
Best I can tell, we lost perhaps the last several weeks of posts before we went down, but luckily no more.

Fortunately, much less, I just checked here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?action=recent

Last post before the intermission was posted on March 29 (according to my time zone). Half a week's loss, then?

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »
hello everyone so happy to be back stay strong :)
In Spirit

Offline AClockworkWhite

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 11:34:54 pm »
Glad to see NAFPS back up and running strong again. And I saw the pretendian uproar claiming they shut it down. Hahahaha silly fakers.
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 02:28:16 pm »
There were downtimes also in 2014, and recently in 2019 (for about one week):

Read more in this topic ["Sorry for our brief downtime"]:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4490.0