Author Topic: "The Office Shaman" - Hilarious spoof by John Feodorov  (Read 18897 times)

Offline bonestyx

"The Office Shaman" - Hilarious spoof by John Feodorov
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:09:42 am »
"I am Shaman Red Deer, organizational Shaman and ascending Avatar"

Organizational shaman? Like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DGj0PpFUU)?

Offline Ganieda

• Chaos, panic and disorder, my work here is done.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:42:22 am »
Organizational shaman? Like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DGj0PpFUU)?
The Office Shaman  ????  This is the dumbest, most ignorant, and offensive pile of ***   I have ever had the misfortune to watch.
*May the Sun warm your Heart, The Moon light your Path and Sacred Mother Earth embrace and protect you always.*

Offline Barnaby_McEwan

Re: "The Office Shaman" - Hilarious spoof by John Feodorov
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:12:24 am »
No point complaining about it here. This is John Feodorov's site

http://www.johnfeodorov.com/index.htm

It lists his email address; I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear how much he's offended you.

You might want to read this first.

Offline Ganieda

• Chaos, panic and disorder, my work here is done.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:25:17 am »
I wasn't complaining.  I was stating my opinion of the You-Tube link that had been posted. 
*May the Sun warm your Heart, The Moon light your Path and Sacred Mother Earth embrace and protect you always.*

Offline Kevin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:44:53 pm »
I thought it was hilarious. I don't bear any guilt for what my ancestors did before I started walking on this earth. Even if I did, I still couldn't feel the insult of the non-malicious wannabes that real-deal Indians feel. I'm smart enough at times to distinguish what is Indian business only and what involves all of humanity and this utube clip is Indian business only. This is a critical factor in some of these discussions, knowhing what concerns us all and what concerns Indians only. I am a member of another Humanitarian organization that is non-Indian, so I am not on some kind of rescue the poor natives mission here. My opinion on Traditionals is this: the only traditionals are those living on their land and able to speak their language, many off the rez can take off the watch, return home and connect. Many cant.

Offline outershell

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:41:05 pm »
i think it does help to read the artists bio...

"John Feodorov was born in 1960 in Los Angeles of mixed Native-American and Euro-American descent. Brought up both in the suburbs of Los Angeles and on a Navajo reservation in New Mexico, Feodorov early experienced the cultural differences between his dual heritages. He also observed the stereotypes present in American culture at large, where Native Americans were idealized as the living embodiment of spirituality by New Age consumerists. His work addresses this clichéd modern archetype through a humorous interjection of “sacred??? items into recognizable consumer products. His kitschy Totem Teddy series, for instance, added masks and totemic markings to stuffed toy bears accompanied by booklets declaring the bears to “meet the spiritual needs of consumers of all ages!??? He has said: “A major theme in my work is the way Native Americans are still being portrayed, stereotyped, and studied in contemporary America. I’ve read that the Navajo Nation is the most-studied group of people on Earth. I don’t know whether to be proud or disgusted.??? Feodorov mixes this analytical critique with installations and sculptural objects that are often whimsical, fantastic, and mythical, creating a new and sometimes genuine sense of the sacred—a sacredness for modern, fractured times."
those on the edge, can protect the center

Offline MatoSiWin

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 06:48:45 pm »
Hahahaha... too funny.  The part with the toy with the feathers attached to it, "The rooster says..." had me in tears!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:51:35 pm by MatoSiWin »

Offline Cieron

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:24:31 pm »
Oh, that is fantastic! Very very funny.

Offline Kevin

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 04:24:54 pm »
I don't know why this is only the 2cd time I've watched this.

Offline Sparks

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:03 am »
[Organizational shaman? Like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DGj0PpFUU)?

That video is no longer available. I found it elsewhere, but just slightly more than two minutes, shortened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1DDPj1QbA   [The Office Shaman - by John Feodorov]