Author Topic: JimYoungbird  (Read 3861 times)

Offline JimYoungbird

JimYoungbird
« on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:03 pm »
My appologies for having neglected this step. I guess I was overly excited to make that initial post that it got by me. I'll try to make amends for that now.

YoungBird is my mothers family name. I am Cherokee on her side. I am not enrolled as I am an adoptee and was not aware of my "identity" until in my late teens and not very concerned about it at that point. I have a sister who is Lakota and also adopted.

My interests reside  in the "traditional" aspect of our culture. Specifically Lakota. In looking into my sisters "roots" I became enamored with lakota life and culture. When I found a circle doing ceremony it was lakota and there I have stayed in heart and mind.

I have spent my time in my family's hocoka in Wanblee and am currently a singer for events that take place there. If anyone has any questions or need for clarification, please PM me and we'll have a good 'ol time.

I hope to have plenty of good interactions here, as this seems to be a place to learn and for others to "unlearn".

Toksa akhe, Jim.