Author Topic: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Rod Skenandore/Elk Chief  (Read 41521 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Rod Skenandore/Elk Chief
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:19:41 pm »
Got a request about him. Here's what I found, but anyone who knows the communities would be a help.

http://www.drboylan.com/skc-lc2.html
"Blackfoot medicine man Rod Skenandore's name ought to be a household word. Rod is a founder of the American Indian Movement and helped get the 1978 Freedom of [Native American] Religion Act passed. He is honored by his people for being a protector of the oral traditions and ceremonies of the Star Visitor, White Buffalo Calf Woman, who gave the Plains Indians their true history, ceremonies and spiritual culture, and healing practices. As Medicine Man he has helped bring back the sacred Sun Dance as an annual observance by many tribes. But it is this Red hero's humility which is his most striking attribute. He freely acknowledges having spent part of his earlier life doing things of which he is not proud. But after getting back on the Red Road and recovering his spiritual heritage, Rod made up for lost time. Skenandore spoke about being up on a craft of the Star Nations. What the White Man calls "extraterrestrial encounters" are nothing new to Native people. However, Indian people consider such contacts to be sacred events, since the Star People are such spiritual entities. And Skenandore, the proud fighter for Indian justice, has been tempered by his spiritual contacts. He spoke of his defining vision: "A warrior has become a hunter, looking for flowers."

http://www.drboylan.com/strvsncf2.html
"Rod Skenandore, Blackfoot spiritual teacher, former NASA contract engineer and experiencer, spoke of the world transition which has begun. "We need to take the positive from the Fourth World and set aside the negative as we enter the Fifth World, and start all over again."
There we will need to give our children the essence of the truth. He cited an Indian prophecy which stated, "We will have to go into the mountains and survive a while, then come out later and build on the burnt remains." He questioned why people are waiting for word of the Star Nations' coming, "when we're getting that word now." He spoke lovingly of the Earth as sacred. "This Mother Earth is the last oasis; there is no more. This is a sacred doorway to the universe beyond."
The Blackfoot Elder described having been taken aboard UFOs several times, including one during a hanblechia (Vision Quest), when a sixty-foot-wide UFO descended overhead, and a blue energy light surrounded him and drew him up to the craft. As an engineer, he was shown around the ship by some shorter Zeta Reticulans and two tall Star Visitors.
Skenandore revealed that his origin is from the planet Akthul in the Pleiades star system thirty light years away. He came into human form to let us know that we were given a task. Then the Blackfoot Elder blew a ceremonial whistle four times, and declared that "all the powers are at our disposal." He noted that some humans here now "will never know Grandfather [the Great Spirit]." He said that "some are here for the Bloodbath, an Armageddon; but we are the Gardeners [Earth's caretakers]." In tongue-in-cheek fashion, he described the differences of those humans who operate in high spiritual and consciousness awareness as "weird". Returning to seriousness he immediately added, "Our 'weirdness' is our sacredness. Such are different from those here for the Bloodbath." Our "weaponry" is our ability to effect healings, whether we are totally healed ourselves first. "We are each others' healing medicine." The Elder added, "We have to be 'warriors', hunters looking for flowers. If successful, we will bring Mother Earth back."

But he, or someone with an identical name, also seems to be an oldtime AIMster.
http://www.aimovement.org/moipr/VernonBellecourt13aug00.html
"Contrary to this account as to how he met Rod Skenandore and me, both of us being co-founders of the Denver Chapter of the American Indian Movement along with respected elders, Alice Black Horse, Wallace Black Elk, Jesse Bordeaux and family, John Holy Elk Face family, Virginia Reeves, Angie Begay, Cindy Largo, and Roberta Two Elk (the sister of Richard Two Elk) to name a few of hundreds who were all part of the spiritual renaissance sparked by the American Indian Movement. We all walked with our elders and the Sacred Pipe, and to our knowledge no one ever carried any guns or weapons as Richard Two Elk states. Neither were there any "foot soldiers." All we ever seen Richard carry was a cassette tape player. Rod Skenandore and I did not meet him and Arlo Looking Cloud on Colfax Avenue where in his interview he admits to dealing drugs. We first met him when he walked into our office on Colfax Avenue in Denver in the early 1970's."

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=4902
"Many are still confined to reservations, such as Grandmother Sara and Elk Chief Rod Skenandore from the Black Feet and Oneida tribes in Montana. Rod spoke to The Resident reporter Gabriel Hershman.
“I come from a society of healers. We try to let people understand the needs of the creation – the way life has gone over the last few thousand years during which we have had only 300 years of peace. But we have the energy to turn things around for the sake of the future,??? he told me. Rod and his people believe that they possess the ability to promote international peace and feel they have a special connection to nature. Rod believes the world is in a mess: “It’s time for change. We cannot rely on federal governments or the churches.???
Rod, 65, is an ex-chairman of AIM – the American Indian Movement – an organisation that has received a lot of help in the past from luminaries such as the late Marlon Brando. He is also a gifted singer and songwriter, as well as a veteran UFO researcher. “I’ve been interested in UFOs since 1947 when I discovered a mutilated cow on a reservation. I’ve always been fascinated by ‘our extended family’. There have even been aliens kept in top secret installations in America, but these are not things that have been adequately discussed. There has been a gigantic cover-up,??? he told me.
During a healing session, Rod played some of his love songs and rubbed members of the congregation with a 300-year-old stone “to put people in touch with the Creation???.

Skenandore at another UFO gathering.
http://www.mysteriesofthemind.com/whatsnew.htm

So far he seems eccentric but that's it. His name is all over UFO sites, but I can't find anything about him selling ceremony.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Rod Skenandore/Elk Chief
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:26:59 pm »
Got a request about him. Here's what I found, but anyone who knows the communities would be a help.

http://www.drboylan.com/skc-lc2.html
"Blackfoot medicine man Rod Skenandore's name ought to be a household word. Rod is a founder of the American Indian Movement and helped get the 1978 Freedom of [Native American] Religion Act passed. He is honored by his people for being a protector of the oral traditions and ceremonies of the Star Visitor, White Buffalo Calf Woman, who gave the Plains Indians their true history, ceremonies and spiritual culture, and healing practices. As Medicine Man he has helped bring back the sacred Sun Dance as an annual observance by many tribes. But it is this Red hero's humility which is his most striking attribute. He freely acknowledges having spent part of his earlier life doing things of which he is not proud. But after getting back on the Red Road and recovering his spiritual heritage, Rod made up for lost time. Skenandore spoke about being up on a craft of the Star Nations. What the White Man calls "extraterrestrial encounters" are nothing new to Native people. However, Indian people consider such contacts to be sacred events, since the Star People are such spiritual entities. And Skenandore, the proud fighter for Indian justice, has been tempered by his spiritual contacts. He spoke of his defining vision: "A warrior has become a hunter, looking for flowers."

http://www.drboylan.com/strvsncf2.html
"Rod Skenandore, Blackfoot spiritual teacher, former NASA contract engineer and experiencer, spoke of the world transition which has begun. "We need to take the positive from the Fourth World and set aside the negative as we enter the Fifth World, and start all over again."
There we will need to give our children the essence of the truth. He cited an Indian prophecy which stated, "We will have to go into the mountains and survive a while, then come out later and build on the burnt remains." He questioned why people are waiting for word of the Star Nations' coming, "when we're getting that word now." He spoke lovingly of the Earth as sacred. "This Mother Earth is the last oasis; there is no more. This is a sacred doorway to the universe beyond."
The Blackfoot Elder described having been taken aboard UFOs several times, including one during a hanblechia (Vision Quest), when a sixty-foot-wide UFO descended overhead, and a blue energy light surrounded him and drew him up to the craft. As an engineer, he was shown around the ship by some shorter Zeta Reticulans and two tall Star Visitors.
Skenandore revealed that his origin is from the planet Akthul in the Pleiades star system thirty light years away. He came into human form to let us know that we were given a task. Then the Blackfoot Elder blew a ceremonial whistle four times, and declared that "all the powers are at our disposal." He noted that some humans here now "will never know Grandfather [the Great Spirit]." He said that "some are here for the Bloodbath, an Armageddon; but we are the Gardeners [Earth's caretakers]." In tongue-in-cheek fashion, he described the differences of those humans who operate in high spiritual and consciousness awareness as "weird". Returning to seriousness he immediately added, "Our 'weirdness' is our sacredness. Such are different from those here for the Bloodbath." Our "weaponry" is our ability to effect healings, whether we are totally healed ourselves first. "We are each others' healing medicine." The Elder added, "We have to be 'warriors', hunters looking for flowers. If successful, we will bring Mother Earth back."

But he, or someone with an identical name, also seems to be an oldtime AIMster.
http://www.aimovement.org/moipr/VernonBellecourt13aug00.html
"Contrary to this account as to how he met Rod Skenandore and me, both of us being co-founders of the Denver Chapter of the American Indian Movement along with respected elders, Alice Black Horse, Wallace Black Elk, Jesse Bordeaux and family, John Holy Elk Face family, Virginia Reeves, Angie Begay, Cindy Largo, and Roberta Two Elk (the sister of Richard Two Elk) to name a few of hundreds who were all part of the spiritual renaissance sparked by the American Indian Movement. We all walked with our elders and the Sacred Pipe, and to our knowledge no one ever carried any guns or weapons as Richard Two Elk states. Neither were there any "foot soldiers." All we ever seen Richard carry was a cassette tape player. Rod Skenandore and I did not meet him and Arlo Looking Cloud on Colfax Avenue where in his interview he admits to dealing drugs. We first met him when he walked into our office on Colfax Avenue in Denver in the early 1970's."

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=4902
"Many are still confined to reservations, such as Grandmother Sara and Elk Chief Rod Skenandore from the Black Feet and Oneida tribes in Montana. Rod spoke to The Resident reporter Gabriel Hershman.
“I come from a society of healers. We try to let people understand the needs of the creation – the way life has gone over the last few thousand years during which we have had only 300 years of peace. But we have the energy to turn things around for the sake of the future,??? he told me. Rod and his people believe that they possess the ability to promote international peace and feel they have a special connection to nature. Rod believes the world is in a mess: “It’s time for change. We cannot rely on federal governments or the churches.???
Rod, 65, is an ex-chairman of AIM – the American Indian Movement – an organisation that has received a lot of help in the past from luminaries such as the late Marlon Brando. He is also a gifted singer and songwriter, as well as a veteran UFO researcher. “I’ve been interested in UFOs since 1947 when I discovered a mutilated cow on a reservation. I’ve always been fascinated by ‘our extended family’. There have even been aliens kept in top secret installations in America, but these are not things that have been adequately discussed. There has been a gigantic cover-up,??? he told me.
During a healing session, Rod played some of his love songs and rubbed members of the congregation with a 300-year-old stone “to put people in touch with the Creation???.

Skenandore at another UFO gathering.
http://www.mysteriesofthemind.com/whatsnew.htm

So far he seems eccentric but that's it. His name is all over UFO sites, but I can't find anything about him selling ceremony.

Offline littlefeatherspiri

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 11:00:08 pm »
Skenandore is an oneida name but there are articles saying he is seneca. If I remember right I checked into this guy in the past and found he was oneida. Unless there is someone else using the same name?

Here is an article that shows he is part of AIM> http://www.indiancountrynews.com/aquash.cfm

Annie Mae according to a 1999 Globe and Mail article, stayed with Troy Lynn Yellow Wood for a few weeks and is then taken by force from the Denver home by Denver AIM members Arlo Looking Cloud and John Boy Graham under the direction of Theda Nelson Clark in order to be questioned about being an informant. Annie Mae is allegedly taken into custody at the house and is tied up while a dozen or more people are in and out of the house including Rod Skenandore, Corky Gonzales and Ernesto Vigil from the Crusade for Justice, John Boy Graham's girlfriend at the time, Angie Begay, Frank Dillon, George Pilfe and others. Several different scenarios have been painted about this period of time but the names have remained the same.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 01:14:48 am »
THere was a Skenandore man in Seattle who helped start the Seattle Indian Clinic. The reason I bring him up is that he was married a bunch of times to women of different tribes. He was Oneida, but many of his kids are enrolled elsewhere. This could be one of his kids.

weheli

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 03:29:52 am »
[highlight][/highlight] Personal knowledge is of great value here. Rod IS who he IS. I will say no more.
                                                     Weheli :)

Offline Raven_Walkingstick

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 04:22:49 am »
I know Rod on a personal level, he might throw a blanket on the ground at a pow wow and sell his flutes or other pieces he has made, that is the only thing I have seen him sell pertaining to Native American.
He and my husband have sweated people together in the past and I have never seen Rod take a dime from anyone for any ceremony.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Raven_Walkingstick »

Offline tahcha_sapa

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:28 am »

One of the weirdest conversations I've ever had with anyone was with Rod when he was in Denver in 1973. Just one of the many things that he claimed was that the telephone bill at the AIM house was unpaid but that the FBI kept the phone company from unplugging it.
He was so damned stoned ALL THE TIME that I couldn't get a coherent political theory about AIM from him. He was supposed to be in charge there. so I thought that he could elaborate. But he sounded more like a Cheech and Chong stoned comedy dialogue -- with himself playing both roles and getting it all confused, "One day, brothers -- over there! (everyone would turn and look to where he would point) -- as far as the eye can see, will be Indians!"
Then he'd take a deep toke, hold it and cough it out.
Anyway, I later heard that shortly thereafter, he had amassed a small group of followers that he led to a mountain top and waited for a mothership to arrive and take them all away somewhere. Needless to say, Rod's still here.
The 300-year-old stone that he was rubbing on people "to put people in touch with Creation" may have been his head: 300-years-old and stoned.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 02:16:23 pm »
Yup another drug addict who got lost in his dreams
In Spirit

Offline FRYBREADGURL

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:24 am »
HELLO EVERYONE,  I WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS, TO PROTECT MY IDENTITY.

WHEN I WAS 14 YRS, MY MOTHER AND I MET ROD SKENANDORE, SO CALLED MEDICINE MAN WHO WAS TRAVELING WITH JOHN FIRE LAME DEER AT THAT TIME.  THIS WAS DURING  THE AIM YEARS  AT THE BOSTON INDIAN COUNCIL, IN BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS WITH DENNIS BANKS AND RUSSELL MEANS.(1972)

ROD SKENANDORE BEFRIENDED MY MOTHER, AND SOMEHOW WEASLED HIS WAY INTO OUR HOME AS A GUEST!  HE NOT OLY STOLE FROM MY MOTHER, BUT HE RAPED ME!

HE STOLE FROM ME MY INNOCENCE.   IT HAS TAKEN ME MANY YEARS TO COPE WITH THIS WITH LOTS OF THERAPY.

HE ALSO WAS RUN OFF MIC MAC RESERVATIONS FOR MOLESTING OTHER 14 YEAR OLD GIRLS.  THIS MAN IS A PEDOPHILE, AND A DISGRACE TO NATIVE PEOPLE!  HOW MANY OTHER VICTIMS ARE OUT THERE?  HOW MANY YOUNG GIRLS HAS HE RAPED?

THIS MAN SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE!  HE IS NOT WORTHY OF BEING CALLED A "MEDICINE MAN".

Offline FRYBREADGURL

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:52 am »
ROD SKENANDORE IS A PEDOPHILE AND RAPIST! I OUGHT TO KNOW, IN 1972, DURING THE AIM DAYS, ME & MY MOM MET SKENANDORE AT THE BOSTON INDIAN COUNCIL.  HE WAS PARADING AROUND AS A SELF PROCLAIMED MEDICINE MAN.
HE WEASLED HIS WAY INTO OUR HOME AS A GUEST AND RAPED ME WHEN MY MOM WENT TO WORK!
I WAS INFORMED THAT HE RAPED OTHER 14 YEAR OLD GIRLS ON THE MIC MAC RESERVATION AND WAS RUN OFF BY THE WOMEN THERE.  TOO BAD THEY DIDNT CATCH HIM AND CUT OFF HIS PRIVATE PARTS...WHAT LITTLE BIT THERE WAS OF IT!!!!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 01:59:43 pm »
I certainly don't want to downplay the pain suffered by any rape or pedophile victims. But for a charge that's extremely serious like this I think we definitely need to gather more evidence.

If he did this then I urge you in the strongest terms to go to the police and district attorney, and to urge the other victims to do the same.

I'm also merging this with the older thread.

Offline whendovescry

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:12 pm »
Frybreadgurl:  I have tried to e-mail you and I hope you got my message.   Rod is a phony and a con artist; he may have some abilities which I do believe that he does however he has abused his light and has done so for the past 40 years that I have known him.  While our son lay dying he was only concerned with some smoke that someone had left for him; it was always all about him.

Offline WINative

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 11:13:26 am »
Should we move him to Archives, No Longer a Concern? Most of what's about him online is on his time in AIM. Farther back in the searches are several links of him at UFO sites. The most serious charges about him we've never found any evidence for but the one claim.