General > Non-Frauds

NAFPS Is Proud to Work With Or Be Used As a Resource By...

<< < (3/6) > >>

Skully:
I hear ya! Do you have a live link to their site?

--- Quote from: earthw7 on January 14, 2008, 07:42:52 pm ---Hey Paulie don't be mean??

I use the site to let people know what their relatives are doing in
Europe or other places.
Many of our people marry white women or go to Europe
and become Instance medicine men or they say they have
been adopted by someone in our tribe.
I turn the information over to the different tribal families.
When you live on the rez you tend to know what is happening
at home and you never know that people are using your family
name on the net or across the water.

I am not a part of your personal fight with Al, please don't
bring me into it.

I find this site beneficial for me and my people.

--- End quote ---

Ingeborg:

--- Quote from: Big Paulie on January 14, 2008, 10:33:41 pm ---I hear ya! Do you have a live link to their site?
--- End quote ---

Same as mentioned above:
http://www.geocities.com/redroadcollective/

educatedindian:
Doesn't seem like your BS meter is working too well Paul. A book from an academic press (Oxford) makes reference to them, and Paula Giese seems to have thought they were legit. I wonder if you confused RRC with a group of exploiters they went after for months, Sweetgrass Lodge.

http://books.google.com/books?id=-CAphDNATLAC&pg=PA247&lpg=PA247&dq=%22red+road+collective%22&source=web&ots=z4J2xf6Z3A&sig=w3uHDSiulxKTRyOliDcs-zRbjgI

http://www.indigenouspeople.net/migstory.htm

The SGL were middle aged white women posing as NDN, pseudo enviros and pseudo feminists who set up their own "clans" and got pretty vicious when criticized. RRC went toe to toe with them for a good half year. The oldest members of NAFPS remember that, because SGL did everything they could to try and intimidate us and shut us down too.

Also seems like the RRC got into it with some white feminists.

http://michfest.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28347&sid=43ebb90b6d933c6eea605a13ed2721b9

sunka nunpa:
That's an amazing list, Al.

Wikipedia started out as a good idea, but there's stupidity. However, if you want a Battlestar Galactica episode guide, they're the place to go.

My general rule? If it sounds like the Force from Star Wars, but it doesn't have a dark side, it's probably New Age.

educatedindian:
We've gotten a flood of letters complimenting us and thanking us after a number of news reports used us as a source on the sweatlodge deaths in Sedona. Also many requests for investigation, and a single piece of hate mail.

Here they are, locations left in when known but no names included.

----------------------

Inyo CA

Hello,

[Long description of encounter with fraud omitted]

Good luck with your work,

-----------------------

I was reading that terrible article about the sweat lodges and people dying, came upon your website and wanted to send a quick email.

What a pleasure to see this website! I have been sick for years about the kind of crazy workshops I have seen people run- charging huge amounts of money for things that they clearly know little about and
amazed at people 's willingness to pay that money. Healers and teachers not equipped for these roles at all.  Then, here and there, I have been lucky enough to meet the "real thing" -

Thank you

----------------------
Nutters

Sir,
I am staggered that so many people ,some professional, still fall for the trickery of the week-end shamans and other New Age gobbledygook. When will they ever learn.

[name omitted]
U.K

----------------------

good work, good site

I'm an anthropologist (Pacific Islands) and I applaud your work.

--------------------

Great to see your site...
...which was linked to in the NYTimes, after all those people died in that idiot's sweat lodge.

Keep up the good work!

[name omitted]
Portland, OR

------------------

Just found your site after reading about James Arthur Ray and what happened in Sedona.
I just wanted to say thanks for putting this group and website together.  It is very encouraging,
and keep up the good work.

I am not Native American, but have a strong respect for the different Indian cultures of our country.
I do not claim to have been Indian in a past life, and do not aspire to become more spiritual by taking part
in rituals which may or may not be authentic.  I do feel the guilt, being a US citizen, for the unjustices that have
been committed against Indian tribes in conjunction with our countries history.  And finally, I hope that the authentic Indian Arts, beliefs, and cultural practices are preserved and that punishment be dealt to people like J.A. Ray so that future incidences are prevented.

Thanks again for the good work, and I look forward to the new pages on the site being developed.

-------------------------

Keep Up the Fight!

Your website was a very informative source, providing everything from the Forum to links to newspaper articles.

I am a white, retired attorney very supportive of NAFPS's opposition to fraudulent operators, and a life-long advocate of the native spiritual ways.

Today's New York Times article [http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/us/22sweat.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&th&emc=th]    made it obvious your work is necessary.  I hope you keep up the fight as long as fraudulent operators are at work.

[name omitted]
   Stevens Point WI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version