General > Non-Frauds

For Those Who Recently Discovered Indian Ancestry

<< < (5/7) > >>

abraxite:
As  a person searching for identity in a way, wish to know where to get DNA tests to see what i have as Indian lineage..haho

educatedindian:
Do a search for our threads on DNA tests. They're often unreliable, giving both false positives and false negatives, and won't tell you what tribe your people might be.

shamani whitefeather:
Blessings from afar I have only just recently found out I have some native american ancestory in me...I have always been one with nature and its practices ( I remember a bit from my own mother growing up we were brought up with alot of natural native american healings.. ) ... always felt connected but not quiet known where I was meant to be..I came accross your forum and found it most helpful I want to learn more but know not where to start. the warnings Im reading of frauds are quiet scary as I too came accross a aparent local teacher preaching she was tasalgian medicine woman (spelt it wrong ) but also claims she is traditional gypsy amonst other paths with aka so called qualifications from teachers of the American Tribes I have never heard before... last heard this woman claims to be a full blood cherokee practioner ( yet she has no blood line nor any proof of training just a name of her apparent teacher that doesnt come up on google or anywhere on the net? .... She also claimed she was trained within a year and iniated into the tribe this year once again no proof of who , how and when ... I myself would never label myself something I am not but this one is and its sad because many gullable people are falling for it... as I knew her she went through several paths wiccan, balkin, viking, native american, hoodoo and gypsy and still claim to be all of these? yet claiming to belong to a native american Tribe? so here I stand wanting more knowledge from the authentic people not someone who claims they are 101 different tribes and paths? I Hence why I am here how do I get in contact with the right way to learn more about my path and 2 how do I discretly expose those that are oviously abusing the tribal names and authenticys?
another question is if one does not have any direct bloodline as a native american tribe member his that path for everyone anoys me when these people like the one I have described today wake up one day and go Im going to be a cherokee ... it takes time patience and much education to get up to half the speed of the true authentic tribal members and I cannot understand how one day they can me wiccan and then the next a tribal leader? any imfo on this matter will be well received and appreciated...

earthw7:
Just because a person has a Native American decent that happens to be native does not make them native,
We are defined by our families and if you do not know your family the Native people will not
accept you. Being Native is raised in your culture, langauge, history ect..is important.
We do have many people who were adopted and found their way home and their families
or the tribe teach them who they are relatived to.
Our Nations do not adopt people, individual families adopt people and that person has no right
to our culture, langauge and most of spirituality. They never talk for the tribe.

Hair lady:
 ;D I just say it like it is! I am a wonderful Heinz 57 sauce. I feel right at home out on the rez, in a city, and even over here in Europe. I have roots ALLL over the place. I don´t really worry about it. I mean aren´t there more imortant things in the world to worry about? I can offend ndn people just as well as I can offend any other kind of people. Man you shoudl see me feud with some memebers of my family! hehe I think all this walking on egg shells is just silly. Most ndns I know have thick skins, and are usualy teasing all the time when they see someone acting funny. I guess it´s all about feeling comfortable in your own skin no matter what colour it has. You either know who aour are or you don´t.

Just my opinion of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version