Author Topic: These 8,000 signs per post  (Read 13421 times)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
These 8,000 signs per post
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:14:12 pm »

... were giving me some trouble today: unlike the old forum, this one does not count the signs left over for a posting. Can we please have that function back? It's going to make life so much easier ;)

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
Re: These 8,000 signs per post
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:18:54 pm »
I can't make out what you are asking! I'm assuming it's about the number of words or characters allowed per post. And maybe the old forum counted them so you knew how many were left?? I will see what I can do... Give me just a minute!

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 05:57:51 pm »
I can't make out what you are asking! I'm assuming it's about the number of words or characters allowed per post. And maybe the old forum counted them so you knew how many were left?? I will see what I can do... Give me just a minute.

I'm sorry, I wrote that in the small hours of the morning and I just knew I wanted another word but couldn't think of it....
Yep, it was about the 8,000 characters. The old forum counted them for convenience. The old forum also had a way of letting you know just where these 8,000 characters were used up when you clicked the preview function (it just omitted everything beyond 8,000), while the new one doesn't - it will continue to show the entire text for you to guess where to cut it.

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 08:52:54 pm »
I removed the character limit on posts completely.