Author Topic: Dare' ? like a cult?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline seedb

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dare' ? like a cult?
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:40:16 am »
They take a little bit from everywhere!

Deena Metzger teaches writing and trains and initiates healers. She works primarily in Los Angeles and leads retreats nationally and internationally. She conducts training and supervision groups for healers and medical and health professionals -- from physicians to shamanic practitioners -- on the spiritual, creative, political and ethical aspects of healing. With her husband, writer/healer Michael Ortiz Hill, she has introduced the concept of Daré to North America. Daré, meaning Council in the Shona language of Zimbabwe, is a creative form of personal and community healing and cohesion, based upon Council, vision, indigenous knowledge and spiritual practice.

"My responsibilities as a medicine woman, like yours as physicians and health professionals, are great, greater, like yours, than what I asked for or anticipated. So I am aware of the rare opportunity for us to be collaborating together on matters of urgency, I have been praying every day that the right words might come to call us all forth to meet the tasks that are before us."

http://www.deenametzger.com/

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Dare' ? like a cult?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 05:38:09 pm »
Her husband Michael Ortiz Hill is doing some exploiting of his own.

http://www.gatheringin.com/michaelsBio.html
"To do justice to the dream life of African Americans required a serious study of the African (predominantly Bantu) world that gave birth to black American culture."

Is he kidding? The overwhelming majority of Blacks brought to this country were not Bantu. And most historians, including in Black Studies and Black historians, believe that slavery largely or almost entirely destroyed any knowledge by Black slaves of most aspects of the many African cultures.

"he journeyed to Africa in 1996 where he met the Bantu healer Augustine Kandemwa and through Augustine became the first non-African initiated into the ritual radition anthropologists recognize as the headwaters of what was to become African American culture."

Anthros don't recognize any such thing.

According to a reviewer of their book at Amazon, Kandemwa was a cop under S African Apartheid. Not exactly the most ethical man.

"The fruit of this cycle of study and initiation is the Mapatya Trilogy. Capable of Such Beauty looks at the shape of the "white self" as revealed in white people's dreams about blacks"

What a perfect way to exploit white guilt.

Hill is married to the novelist and feminist thinker Deena Metzger"

Feminist? I don't see any sign of that.