Author Topic: The Medicine Wind Society  (Read 7133 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
The Medicine Wind Society
« on: January 16, 2006, 06:04:58 pm »
Welcome to The Medicine Wind Society

Connecticut's Sweat Lodge Community

http://www.sweatlodges.info/id1.html

Lori-Ann Locke, B.A.  &  Jeanne Palagonia

"Lori-Ann and Jeanne are Native traditionalists. They are spiritual leaders and conductors of ceremonies for their community and have traveled extensively to share the teachings passed down to them by their elders, who include members of the Lakota, Micmac, and Cherokee nations.

Lori-Ann has trained, taught and witnessed healing within the Native American tradition for over 25-years.  Jeanne grew up in a traditional household.  Her father and Grandmother were both ceremonial healers. "

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: The Medicine Wind Society
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:45:22 pm »
Neither one of them come anywhere close to being traditionalists. Neither are either Lakota or Micmaq for starters.

http://www.origin.org/ucs/profile.cfm?uid=114727
"LORI-ANN LOCKE      USA
URL 1: http://www.ctlightseeker.homestead.com
Email subscription: Yes
Faith: Christian Mysticism
UCS Member since: 6/19/2002
Last login: 9/6/2002
Last update: 9/6/2002
Personal Introduction
I am a psychic medium from Connecticut. I am an avid reader interested in Christian mysticism, contemplative prayer, the paranormal, and anything to do with mediumship or the realm of spirit"

http://www.pagancommunitychurch.org/BeltaineFestival/BELTAINEpresenters2003.html
"LORI-ANN LOCKE Psychic Medium, Cherokee Healer, SOULutions Psychic Fairs, LLC
Class: Introduction to Mediumship
Class: Introduction to Psychometry
Event: Spirit Contact Circle
Lori-Ann Locke is a Native American healer and Psychic medium who is of Cherokee ancestry. She mentored under Connie Walkingstick"

Palagonia peddles "Latin spirituality retreats", says she is Taino, Aztec, and Mayan.
http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:yGIAcQ7XLSsJ:www.themayanmonkey.com/LatinSpiritualRetreat.htm+%22Jeanne+Palagonia&hl=en

Both seem fairly small time operators, making a few extra bucks peddling to local pagans. They seem more naive to me than anything else.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:48:12 pm »
That's why I stick them over here. They are skating on the edge, but not really big time.

Offline raven

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:00:07 pm »
If my husband charged 30.00 for a sweat we would be pretty wealthy be now, and he wouldn't have to get up at 4 every morning to go to work.
There are some things that are posted on the sweat lodge etiquette that are not tradtional nor even what I consider to be spiritual in nature to beliefs.

" Coming prepared with donations of wood, food or cash. If you don't have enough respect to do that, you probably shouldn't attend the lodge".
Not once is bringing tobacco mentioned. The most important thing to bring I did not see mentioned even once.  A dish should be brought also, it is an offering to be put on the spirit plate. The first plate made is not to the one who ran the lodge but to the Creator. If a person comes with a good heart and has nothing to offer except a loaf of bread, that person should not be turned away because they don't have the wood, cash or canned goods that you require.
If a family came a long way with only enough gas to get there, and came there for the reason that they needed a place to pray and the lodge you have is the closest place for them to come, I would find it pretty appalling that you would require these things you posted. If they came to my home with just one cigarette they would be welcomed and a hat would be passed around to help them get back home, and in most cases many of us would pitch in more because they probably need food at home also.
That is tradtional.......
In my home we believe that the sacrifies we make here whether it be monies or whatever, the Creator will take care of our needs.
If your belief was strong enough than you wouldn't demand money. Shame on you.
This is nothing more than spiritual extortion.
You are no better than the organized churches that demand money of tithe or you are hell bound.

"If you show up with your own medicine object, it could be taken as a lack of confidence in the lodge leader's medicine".
Who's medicine? The medicine is the lodge itself, not the one running it. They are just the vessel.
Have you not seen at a lodge on the alter many pipes?
This says that you do not find spiritual belief within yourselves, that you yourself do not have a true relationship with the Creator, but you have found it in someone else. Sisters you are missing the boat completely here. Neither one of you have any business what so ever of even being around a lodge.
What I speak of here is not of one tribe, it is a common belief of the lodge in all tribes.

And being Cherokee descent what are you doing in a lodge, not a Cherokee tradtion.
I don't go in the lodge but I do support those that do. I do have a common ground of spiritual belief with those that do.
I suggest you need to spend more time with tradtional people and learn more.
There is a belief among inipi people that one day they will have to stand in front of someone and be accounted for all they did. Do you even know who I am talking about? If not then what are you two doing? If you don't know the answer to that one then go back and start over with the elders.