Author Topic: Thomas O Mills & Book of Truth  (Read 17106 times)

Thomas O Mills

Thomas O Mills & Book of Truth
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:55:19 pm »
Hello, I managed the Hopi Cultural for four years when it first opened in 1970.

I've written two books on the Hopi Creation Story and believe the Hopi Creation Story can be proven.
         The first one is called "The Book of Truth, A New Perspective on the Hopi Creation Story"
         which I believe proves their story, and the second one called "Stonehenge if this was East"
         which gives actual physical locations of ancient sites and the directions that they faced in our recent
         past, dating the sites and proving the Hopi Creation Story.  

I would be happy to send both of my books to the first three people that send me an address an would agree to review my work,
         good or bad, and post their response.   I hope someone can prove me wrong.  

All the best.  Thomas O. Mills

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:04:21 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Thomas O Mills & Book of Truth
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »
Tom, are you here to participate in fighting fraud and exploitation, or are you just here to promote your books?

TOM

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:55:40 pm »
Hello Kathryn:

I guess I'm here to say that all people who talk about Native Americans are not Shamans or Frauds. 

The Hopi have tried to tell their message to many people and very few listen to them.   The message is for all four races, black, yellow, red, and white and it is very important.

It explains where we came from, and where we are going. 

If you think I'm a fraud let me send you my books and you prove me wrong, I thought that was what this form was all about.   

All the best.   Tom   

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »
Obviously not everyone is a Fraud, or we
would not have a Non-Frauds section.  Are you
concerned you may be viewed as one?  Just ask for
a book review, minus the challenge don't be
confrontational -  Simple.   

Linda

Offline Freija

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »
In my mind, the people you should turn to for a review would be the Hopis.
Have you asked them?

If you write a book or make a film about Native cultures, turn to the elders and the leaders in those communities, ask for their opinions and ask what changes need to be done. If you get their approval - then go ahead with the release.

Just my two cents :)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:02 pm »
Tom, while I don't see any sign you are a fraud (and working for the preservation office says you are the opposite), sometimes you've let yourself be used by people who clearly are frauds. A fraud named Wm Anderson who runs the propehcykeepers site, for example.

http://www.prophecykeepers.com/mills.html

BUt I know of other cases where people who are not frauds had their words or message enormously twisted by Anderson. The late Bryant Holman, a longtime member here, was one example. Could you tell us how you wound up on Anderson's fraud site?

Your book unfortunately seems to be featured a lot on crazy ufo sites.
http://viewzone2.com/thomasomills.html

But here you seem to indicate you are not Hopi yourself, correct?
http://www.nativetimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3885:a-hopi-connection-with-other-ancient-sites&catid=46&Itemid=22

And here you describe a friendship with Frank Waters, who spread many falsehoods about the Hopi in his book.
http://stores.lulu.com/thebookoftruth

While I have not read your book, based on the descriptions on your site, you seem to be arguing the Hopi and Egyptians were somehow connected.

So why should we consider the message from a non-Hopi man, claiming that the truth of Hopi beliefs points to an Egpytian connection, to somehow be a message the Hopi want to share with everyone? Shouldn't the Hopi decide what their message is, and who should share it?

TOM

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 08:30:55 pm »
Thank you, all good points. 

I am sorry if I appear to be confrontational.   I started writing back in 1998 and the man from prophecy keepers first contacted me and ask me if I wanted to do an interview with him.  I did not know him and if you listen to the interview you will hear that he did most of the talking.  I had self published my findings and was giving the information out for free to anyone who would listen and thought this was a good way to start the conversation.   

The Hopi believe this is the fourth time that the Creator has tried to populate this planet.  If you look at the viewzone article you will see that the ancient sites picture there point to the exact locations that Charles Hapgood suggest as locations for the North poles in four different periods of time in the last one hundred thousand years, just as the Hopi elders have stated, four different locations for the north pole. 

The oldest settlement on the western side of this continent is a site located at Monte Verde Chile, it dates back to 12,500 years ago.  This is also the time that scientist say was the last time the poles melted.  The Hopi say they traveled over the ocean going east and landed on the backbone of this continent after a great flood, and then traveled northward to their present location.  They also believe that all four races were created equal and at the same time.  I believe this location was Egypt and the pyramid complex.  This is my belief and not that of the Hopi but I feel I have the right to prove what the Hopi elders have told me being from the white race and the murals of Egypt do not just show one race but all four, just like the Hopis have said. I do not think the Hopi and the Egyptian were connected, I think all four races had a starting point and that was at Egypt.  The murals tell the story.   

Many of my elder friends have passed away.  I do not quote them now or in my book and I do not apologize for what I believe.  White Bear was a close friend and I used what he told Frank Waters back in 1963 when they compromised on the "Book of the Hopi".   They talked to over 30 elders for over a three year period.  You cannot do that today. 

Linda, would you like to review my books?   My e-mail is TMills1870@aol.com and I would be happy to send them to you.    Thanks   tom 

TOM

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 10:43:48 pm »
Thank you for you responses.   

I have had no takers and therefore cancel my offer.   

Good Luck In The Future.   Tom

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 07:05:23 am »
Well, just seemed to me you looking for nafps or some one on nafps to endorse your book.

For me, I know nothing about the Hopi. And I don't have any reason to read your book because, well, if the Hopi wanted me to know about their beliefs and prophecies, then they'd write their own "authentic" books, not rely on some 3rd party to state what it is they believe.

No offense intended in my reply, just saying for your own understanding, maybe you will learn something from it. Of course, I do not know why others here did not want a free book, even for their own curiosity.. I just know why I didn't.

Be well.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Teacher

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 02:18:00 am »
Hi Tom

I was at a conference a few years ago called The Atlantic Conference and it highlighted many, many travels between all the continents and was very interesting.  First Nations peoples and Native Americans/Amerindians were not highlighted, but there were many First Nations peoples there giving their input to the topic.  The website is www.atlanticconference.org  Last year they did it via webcam and therefor available to more people.  They also have a yahoo group for people to present their research, but again, this was not a conference to promote First Nations peoples, it was a forum for people to present research on transcontinental travel over the centuries. 

I only offer this because in a previous post it was mentioned that you make a connection between the Hopi and the Egyptians.  There were university professors who  made similar connections based on corn showing up in the pyramids -- which as we all know is native only to this hemisphere.

Anyway, good luck and if you want more information about that site or group, send me a P/M.

Cheers all and Happy New Year!

Offline jamesl

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:40 pm »
There is a new piece written by Thomas Mills on Indian Country Today's web site that this background material would contextualize. Can this be moved to a different forum?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 02:28:59 pm »
Do you mean this one?
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/02/22/99005-99005

I'm not sure how it contextualizes as you say. He says he understands that Hopi rain dances do work. The only thing I see related to his claim that the Hopi and Egyptians are connected is his brief mention of Hopi beliefs saying they came across an ocean long ago.

Are you asking we put this under Research?

Offline jamesl

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:21 pm »
Yes, please, until his Fraud/Not-Fraud status is determined.
I considered staring a new discussion, but wanted to preserve this background info.

[Just changed thread title.]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:05:08 pm by educatedindian »

Offline Pono Aloha

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 02:22:10 am »
Heard the author on Coast to Coast Radio last night. Evidently the Hopis originally were in Egypt and the pyramids there and throughout the world were built by spider woman to prevent the earth from wobbling.

http://www.hopicreationstory.com/

What really got my back up was when he said he listened to the stories from the elders and HE decided it was time to get the stories out. Whether or not he heard the stories from elders is one thing, but if he did and took the stories without permission, that is tantamount to stealing IMHO.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 10:40:48 am »
We already got a thread on Mills in the Research section - and indeed had Mills himself registered in an attempt to gain acceptance for his book here:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3032.msg25693#msg25693