Author Topic: writing about the cult  (Read 3932 times)

Offline bcolinshazel

writing about the cult
« on: November 02, 2020, 05:32:27 am »
Hi.
im glad this forum is here.

myself and my family have suffered for a long time from cherokee princess syndrom. we were a family of new age people who believed we were psychic and of course, part indian.
that belief lead me to a lot of strange places, and one of them was being a non native sun dancer  on a reservation. I believe that what i was involved in was a cult. a stupid con job by a native asshole who just wanted money.

for so long after i left i was embarrassed, ashamed afraid to say what happened. i wanted to take the shame to my grave and for no one to know i ever fell for that bullshit.

But it still makes me so angry.

it really has been bugging the shit out of me- why arent ex hippie indian wannabes speaking out?

once i realized how i was further damaging the natives i claimed to love, and being conned in the process i got so pissed i started to write the story i was looking for.

im in the middle of writing and its so overwhelming.

i spent so much of my life chasing that stupid romantic mystical indian bullshit and it got me nowhere.

i know its not my fault, i know there are a lot of people out there that are just like me, and they dont know whats wrong with what they are doing. hearing it from someone like them might really help.

still, im having a hard time.

Offline Sparks

Re: writing about the cult
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:08:35 am »
I think you have a very good introduction here, and my compliments for realizing your situation and wanting to do something about it!

I look forward to reading your writing about the cult you were involved with.

Use the 'Search' function on the front page of the forum to check if something has already been written. If there is an existing topic, you can add to it. http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?action=search

Offline bcolinshazel

Re: writing about the cult
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:25:28 pm »
you are very kind. thank you so much.