NAFPS Archives > Archive No. 1

NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN: David Singing Bear

<< < (2/3) > >>

naparyaq:
David Singing Bear, alias Daniel Rolling Bear Quintana. Real name: Daniel Quintana.
I have an image comparison that I wasn't able to insert here.

11-11-11 Whirling Rainbow Ceremony with David Singing Bear   
Friday, November 11 · 11:00am - 2:30pm
Blueberry Gardens - 237 Ashton Road (Route 108), Ashton, MD 20861. Sacred Healing Hands Wellness Studio.

Private healing sessions. $120/hr.
Bioridian Healing ~ Clears and establishes qi (energy) flow, directly affecting the body-mind-spirit in a positive way.
Cherokee Breathwork ~ Helps to release emotional and mental trauma through breath.  What's "Cherokee Breathwork"?

--- Quote ---About David Singing Bear....Having studied with tribal Medicine Elders on reservations in British Columbia and across America since an early age, he has a rich knowledge of the Medicine Ways of the Ancients. David is also a Certified Therapist and Counselor, Reiki Master, Doctor of Divinity, Doctor of Metaphysical Sciences, Licensed Minister and has extensive experience in Mental Health and Drug & Addictions Counseling.
--- End quote ---

Quintana's heritage claims:
Eastern Cherokee Band, Northern Cheyenne, Cherokee Wisdom Keeper,  Elder member of the Omissus Band of Northern Cheyenne, Holy Man for Red Spider Society. Previously "Lakota Sioux" and "Lakota-Tewa-Pueblo-Azteca-Spanish" originating from Colorado.
David Singing Bear, Bear Who Sings, Singing Bear, Northern Cheyenne from a "reservation" in Squallix (sic), British Columbia. [He misspelled the name of his own town, which isn't what it's called by local indigenous peoples. It's Skwlax.]

Red Spider Society -
> According to popular superstition, the red spider has the power to spin money in the pocket of the person who secures its services. Ireland, 1887.
> Red Spider Woman - a Pawnee legend.
> In Lakota mythology, Iktomi is a spider-trickster spirit, and a culture hero for the Lakota people.
> Steve McCullough and Iktoma Sha has some affiliation with Red Spider.
> Part of the 13 Grandmothers thing - Margaret Behan is Red Spider Woman.

Various references to this man:

--- Quote ---Native American Olympic Hopefuls, Ravendancer Gene Tagaban (Tlingit, Cherokee, Filipino) and Mariah Cooper (LaCourte Oreille-Oneida-French) prayer signing, and Daniel Rollingbears Quintana (Lakota-Tewa-Pueblo-Azteca-Spanish) leading ceremony that helped Kansas farmers end the worst (rain) drought in 120 years.
--- End quote ---
http://www.earthworksforhumanity.org/pages/Arctic_Elders.shtml
Earth Works For Humanity/Institute for Cultural Awareness (ICA), Cornville, Arizona

An interview with a shaman
https://www.msu.edu/~rohdemar/earth/shamdrum.html

--- Quote ---The latest addition to Telluride's community of spiritual healers is Daniel White Eagle Lupinski, a shamanic healer who hails from Michigan. Lupinski has been studying shamanism for the past 15 years under Michael Harner, author of The Way of the Shaman. This summer Lupinski completed a three-year training program in Advanced Shamanic Healing with the Foundation for Shamanic Studies.

In addition, Lupinski (who is Polish) spent five years living on the Navajo reservation where he worked with a traditional Navajo medicine man. There he taught workshops using classical shamanic journeying and drumming techniques to treat alcohol and substance abuse.
--- End quote ---

DL: A woman who came to the class [in Michigan] looked very weary. She had Hodgkins disease. She asked if there was anything I could do for her cancer. I said, "Be a part of this class." I felt that her intention was right.
When I went into the trance, I saw no intrusion in her body where the cancer was in the bones. The cancer was this creature in her face -- a wolf kind of creature with teeth and it would jab out of her face at me as I was in the trance. I grabbed it at the right moment and pulled it out of her head. There was also a kind of a masked face on her, and underneath that was her female being.
When I was done, she looked power-filled and I sensed a strong female energy for the first time since I had met her.

TJ: Was it effective?

DL: Three weeks later she had a biopsy and her cancer was gone. She came back the following month and she was glowing. Her spirit was strong. There was a complete remission. Since then I have been working with her to get her in touch with her own power animal.
Part of work has been to teach her how to contain and protect her power. Even though she is strong and healthy, her energy is still scattered. My work with her is to teach her how to protect herself from future intrusions. This is just one example of what you can do with shamanic drumming.

http://snow-riders.org/images/mpmarypiller-voices.jpg

--- Quote ---Skier at the Show honored Blue Thunder E. Shoshone Elder Bennie LeBeau, and a some of the 200 Red, White, Black & Yellow participants in the Big Bear Medicine Wheel on sacred sites in a 200 mile radius of the Big Bear Community that requested it. The ceremony restored the lakes and forest water tables, and as a bonus gave skiers the "BEST SNOW IN 150 YEARS." A highlight was Akima Castenada, NVF Board member/actor and a Chumash Father of Earth Day, dancing with Silent Thunder (Tsalagi/Grosventre) and Blackwind (Cherokee). At the end Akima led a gratitude prayer, and Snow then blanketed the whole West!
--- End quote ---

http://www.nativevoices.org/articles/telluride_first.html

--- Quote ---The “seed” was planted in 1994 by Daniel “Rollingbears” Quintana, a local Lakota-Sioux, whose singing and sweat lodge “highs” opened my heart and mind. I had asked him to exchange my joy of skiing for his wisdom of the mountains, to include in my book about the Ancients, "The Snow Goddess". Thanks to the Telluride Ski & Golf Company for donating a lift ticket, I taught “Bears” the Eagle Dance on skis, which inspired him to save Telluride from a snow barren Christmas. Singing the sacred “4 Directions Song” on the radio and the Peter Yarrow Concert, it snowed a foot each time, convincing me that Mother Earth really listens! I saw that while we Anglos dropped the ball, our First Americans continued the Wisdom of the Ancients.
--- End quote ---
http://snow-riders.org/images/BearsTelluridemiracleseasons_pass.jpg

http://www.crossingworlds.com/wheel.html

--- Quote ---"Aho, my name is David Singing Bear, Bear Who Sings, Singing Bear, Northern Cheyenne.
There's a medicine wheel on my reservation is in northern British Columbia, in Squallix. It's the oldest medicine wheel we know of in North America. This medicine wheel dates back thousands of years. The medicine wheel was there before the people that we know of now.
The medicine wheel represents the people and the universe. This medicine wheel is a reminder to the people to always live the way of the hoop, the way of the circle, the way of the people, the way of life.
It was put down in a remembrance to remind people always that life is a circle that the universe is a circle, that what goes around, comes around and what we put out comes back to us.
It is there to remind us to always be in balance and harmony with nature. It is there to remind us to find our place, our purpose in the universe and live this and then we are a whole person.
This medicine wheel has been used for thousands of years in these ways."
--- End quote ---

naparyaq:
I believe Daniel Quintana (aka Rolling Bear aka Singing and Dancing Bear) to be Hispanic/Latino.

Speculating superficially, a quick search of towns around Telluride reveal a small army of Quintana families, as a surname. I imagine that this guy might be from that area - southwest Colorado, northern New Mexico or Arizona.

But who knows? Maybe he's from California - he does hang out with Le Beau. Anyway, so dude rolled into Telluride, shacked up with the legendary aged Chapstick Girl, Suzy Chaffee, livin' the life with her in Aspen and where ever, created himself as a Native Guru, and ended up in Sedona where all good scam artists go to retire.

And where Suzy is too, funny enough, promoting her Native Olympic Team under the auspices of a bunch of high-maintenance Native leaders who don't even know that they're all named on her website as her supporters and donors.

naparyaq:
David Singing Bear interview. James Ray sweatlodge deaths.

"David said he has never met James Ray nor any of his staff."

http://tragedyinsedona.com/uploads/Supplement__069_IV_David_Singing_Bear_interview_11.07.09.pdf

debbieredbear:
I have had word that this man passed away on January 1, 2013.

loudcrow:
http://arizona.obituaries.funeral.com/2013/01/04/david-singing-bear/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version