Author Topic: can't post - timed out - error message - trouble logging out - notice of hacking attempt  (Read 49058 times)

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
Re: can't post - timed out
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »
I have discovered if you preview your post first it posts with no trouble but if you just try to post you get the timed out error

Offline Pono Aloha

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 11:53:09 pm »
Thank you! I did just post again without previewing, but I'll try that as my back up plan.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:07:03 am »
Serious this time: If you have any tech problems, you can always email support at newagefraud dot org. This makes more sense than posting 'I cannot post', esp. if you give us details about your setup. We are always willing to help.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »
For people getting the timeout problem when they try to post:

- Click "Preview" before you post. This seems to reload whatever thinks you've taken too long.

- If you are able to post short messages, but it times out with longer ones, write your post offline. Then copy and paste it here, hit preview, then post.

The timeout problem is still only affecting some people. From what we can tell, people on dialup and satellite have more problems than those on DSL. I think those with a static IP also fare better than those with a dynamic IP. Most of us are having no problems, but if you continue to have problems, as KrazyKraut says (and he does speak English ;) ) just let us know.

Offline aya

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 03:45:23 pm »
had the same error and figured out: this is a cookie problem with the "forever" time option.
So if that happens, just delete the cookie of this site and relogin again.
I will have a look if this also happens with other time-out options.
How to delete cookies in FF
http://www.ehow.com/how_2323049_delete-cookies-firefox.html

How to delete cookies in IE
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/delete-cookies-internet-explorer.htm

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:13 pm »
I found the way around it is to preview your post then submit it and no problem

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Got notice
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »
Pinning this, because I just got a report of someone having this issue again over the last few days. Also altering thread title and merging in another thread where we discussed this problem.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:39:36 pm by Kathryn »

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
With a little luck, this all should be fixed now. Please post here if not.

Offline Sparks

I am trying to post in the "Research Needed" department. Repeatedly, I get this response:

Database error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Offline Sparks

At least I am not blocked or banned or something, since I can post here. When trying again, I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!

You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

When opening the thread in a new tab I can see that my post has not been submitted.

Offline Sparks

Today I managed to post in the "Frauds" department.

The problem in the "Research Needed" department persists as described in my two previous posts.

If memory serves me right I haven't seen this before, even though there have been so many errors.