Author Topic: unable to post reply  (Read 9785 times)

Offline shkaakwus

unable to post reply
« on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:35 am »
I've tried a dozen times to post my reply, on the Walam Olum thread, at Research Needed, but everytime I hit "post," I get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /smf/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at newagefraud.org Port 80

And, yet, it allows me to post this!!!  What's up????

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: unable to post reply
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 01:13:06 am »
Thats been happening to a few people when they try and post the header of an email or PM it. If your post includes an email header try removing it.

Offline shkaakwus

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:32:35 am »
Thanks, but that's not it.  (No e-mail header in it.)  I posted all my replies the same way--wrote them as an e-mail message and sent them to my e-mail box; then copied and pasted as replies.  Now, that doesn't work. 

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:32:08 am »
Sometimes I will have problems posting in one thread if I've posted in it quite a bit. The problem ends in a few days. I have no idea why. In any case, the message you posted at the start of this thread is now also in the Red Record thread. Maybe it's fixed itself.

Offline shkaakwus

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:38:50 am »
Thanks, again, but I posted this on the Red Record thread, first.  When nobody responded, I thought to post it here.  I'll just wait, I guess. 

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 09:24:23 am »
I'm having a number of odd problems with the site - for example, posts listed as "today" not there when you look at a thread, unable to edit or reply, posts opened and read remaining on unread listing, pms shown as unopened, but no new ones there  - just all sorts of odd things and they are different every time I log in.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
posts listed as "today" not there when you look at a thread, ... < snip > ... posts opened and read remaining on unread listing,

Yeah, this stuff. Inconsistencies between posts marked as read or unread, and new posts not showing up as new, so sometimes I miss stuff. Then other things come up on repeat.