Author Topic: Alysa Braceau aka Dreamshield  (Read 6694 times)

Alysa Braceau aka Dreamshield
« on: November 09, 2009, 02:46:07 pm »
Alysa Braceau -  

Workshops Art of Dreaming and Dream Healing

The Art of Dreaming, North American Indian Tradition (conscious dreaming and travel with your dream body) 13 December 2009 or 24 January 2010

Dream healing, North American Indian Tradition (heal yourself and others) 12 December 2009 or 23 January 2010

80 dollar per workshop
145 dollar for both

Look forward meeting you!

For more information send an e mail to Dreamshield, info@dreamshield.nl

www.runningdeer-book.com

July, 2009

Running Deer and the Love of the Second Reality

An Initiation in the Native American Tradition in the Art of Dreaming

In September 2009 the book Running Deer and the Love of the Second Reality written by Dreamshield will be available for the first time. This book, that follows in the traditions of Carlos Castaneda and others, gives a completely new approach to Native North American initiation and teachings.

The author of this book describes her candid personal experiences in the Native North American tradition of The Art of Dreaming following the teachings of the North American Indian Running Deer. In the heart of Amsterdam, a thrilling stride unfolds in obtaining the knowledge of the Second Reality on the way to the ultimate goal: finding the Totality of the Self!

The combination of unusual instructions and experiences within the Indian world and the level-headedness of a very Dutch woman offers the reader excitement and contemplation on the way to the source of this reality, finding the ultimate self through the experiences and understanding of Dreamshield herself. Up until the last page the reader remains intrigued whether Dreamshield will reach her goal.

Right by the author’s side or facing her stands the character of Running Deer. Sometimes mysterious, then challenging, strict as a guru, or vulnerable as a visitor in a foreign country. However, the precise description of these distinctive steps on the road to her initiation stand like milestones in the landscape of this unique history.

Dreamshield (Alysa Braceau) is a freelance journalist who writes for newspapers and magazines. She has a five-year-old daughter. Running Deer and the Love of the Second Reality is her first book about this extraordinary way of learning. About this first publication she says: The theme of these passed four-and-a-half years have been the sorcerers tradition. I have carefully recorded my personal experiences with the teachings of Running Deer which has finally led to this book. Apart from that, writing it has given me great pleasure. Running Deer has become more than a personal account because the interested reader is presented with the technique to learn and practice the Native American tradition of the Art of Dreaming him/herself.

Read the first chapter: www.runningdeer-book.com
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Alysa Braceau aka Dreamshield
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:06:57 pm »
A Castaneda imitator, and she's endorsed by one of the leaders in the Cleargreen cult.
http://www.runningdeer-book.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=27

Th firsrt chapter is online, and she mentions attending the magical passes courses, which based on a ripoff of Tai Chi. She also speaks of Castaneda's inner circle, Florinda Donna and Taisha Abelar, as friends. Obviously this is before their alleged group suicide following Castaneda's death. How someone could hold onto their delusions after that is incredible.

Or more cynically, this is just a cheesy attempt to come up with her own Don Juan story. This time it's simply "the old Indian" no tribe or people mentioned, that calls himself Vidar or Running Deer and casually offers her all the ancient Indian secrets, that she meets in Amsterdam. Oh brother....she's too lazy to even make up the encounter happening in some remote desert.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:43:10 pm »
Well, I've been conversing with her since she posted on my website and I posted that I had sent her info to here, nafps. 

I do know that Florinda Donner did commit suicide, not sure and don't think so on the others though.  Heresay is that Carlos told Florinda the truth before he died..  that he made it up.  Perhaps that's what killed her.. 

Anyway, I have been asking this lady who her teacher was, and what/where he come from.  She states he wishes to keep his identity private, but he is well known in Europe and people who read her book will know who it is.

So much for keeping identity unknown.

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:18:41 pm »
One of the problems I have is with people who learn something, and then mis use it.  I despise, for example, people who learn to 'astral' and then just show up in my home.  Excuse me, ever hear of respect?  They think because they 'can'.. that they can.  No.  You can't.  This woman may very well be adept in dreaming.

A fraud isn't always necessarily someone who doesn't know how to do something. It is not a game, and should not be taught to just anyone who wants to play or know how to do it so you can make a buck.  She wanted my advice on what to do in regards to asking for money for her workshop, after all, she has to buy a plane ticket, rent a space..  I told her, easy..  stay home.  

If this woman has learned some bone fide techniques in this area of 'dreaming' she should honor it by keeping it.  Not by writing books and selling workshops to teach others to do the same.  

Some things are just not for public consumption.  It's irresponsible.  

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:36:13 pm by critter »

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:20 pm »
From correspondence, just thought I'd share for interest.

I"m sorry you have that perception.  It is my own opinion, and I've
found people who share that opinion.  Native traditions are not for
sale.  I believe that, and always have.

You are not 'sharing' Sharing implies 'sharing'.  You are selling.  It
is a big difference.  Not only that, but some things are not for
public consumption.  Some things, imo, should be kept, not just given
to whoever pays the money for it, or who wants it.

You're selling practices under the guise of North American Indian
Tradition.  What North American Indian Traditionalists have given you
this permission?  None, as far as I can see or tell by your responses
thus far.

Be well,
Jane

On 11/10/2009 1:29:43 PM, dreamshield (info@dreamshield.nl) wrote:
> It’s okay Jane.
> Sorry to hear you sound like you are in a jam reading the postings and the
> website of the plastic shamans journal,
> telling you who is right or wrong.
> Please find your own opinion.
> And I will not stay at home of course, I have too much to share.
>
> Good Luck and warm blessings for now and the future.
>
> Dreamshield

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:44:50 pm »
Fraud.

Exploiter.

And by writing this dreck where strange men in feathered headdresses walk up to women in European coffee houses and reveal all the mystical secrets of Native Americans, she is personally paving the way for people to be harmed by con artists. True, someone would have to be pretty gullible (and, arguably, greedy) to fall for this sort of dreck, but it's just a matter of degree from this ham-handed approach to the skilled con artists who fool even smart, experienced people. She is furthering the racist myth propogated by people like Lynne Andrews - that white people deserve to be the inheritors of NDN traditions, while actual NDN people are anonymous, silenced, and dead.

"In the Great American Indian novel, when it is finally written,
all of the white people will be Indians and all of the Indians will be ghosts."
- How to Write the Great American Indian Novel by Sherman Alexie
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:59:47 pm by Kathryn »

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:21 pm »
Well, she isn't a "fraud" in the sense that she doesn't know how to do some thing in the energy. And, anyone who would propose to do what she is trying, is, imo, not worthy of carrying the knowledge. She should be banned.  

edited: reason, rewording

« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:50:49 pm by critter »