Author Topic: New Format  (Read 12624 times)

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
New Format
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:14:47 am »
The forum has been successfully converted to SMF, however I don't think SMF has the capacity to email all the members at once like YaBB does, so I emailed everyone from the old forum. Hope everyone gets the message!

The URL for the forum is now: http://newagefraud.org/smf

I added a redirect script to the index page of the YaBB forum, to bring visitors to this forum.

Thanks to all for your patience during this transition.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:23:10 am by Forum Admin »

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: New Format
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:49:42 pm »
Looks good ... The search feature that works even if people arn't loged in or members seems like a major improvement.

I see that the forum is free but to get access to the help desk costs some money . Would some donations be a help in covering expences ?

This forum does provide a really valuable point of reference for people who might otherwise not recognize
Spiritual abuse . For many people , the goodnes of these traditions is the last refuge , and having it trashed can be the last straw .   

Thanks so much . I hope you get everything you need to continue all your unpaid work without becoming
exhausted  . What you are doing here is appreciated.  :)

Oh , one funny thing in the thread "Are you registered but can't log in " , it says at the bottom of my post

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Moma_porcupine

1969 ? LOL  ;D

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:06:42 am »
Looks good ... The search feature that works even if people arn't loged in or members seems like a major improvement.

Each forum program has different options available. I thought this one was a big improvement over YaBB. That's the main reason for the change.

I see that the forum is free but to get access to the help desk costs some money . Would some donations be a help in covering expences ?

Um, what help desk do you mean? I don't know about *any* help desk, let alone one that costs money.

I hope you get everything you need to continue all your unpaid work without becoming
exhausted  . What you are doing here is appreciated.  :)

Thanks. Appreciation is appreciated! All I really need to do a better job is more time. It takes time to earn the money to pay the hosting fee. I don't know where to look for the time. Mostly I do not sleep, because I am slow, and there is too much to do.

Oh , one funny thing in the thread "Are you registered but can't log in " , it says at the bottom of my post

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Moma_porcupine

1969 ? LOL  ;D

That is odd! I expect we'll find a few more oddities caused by the conversion from YaBB to SMF. I am already finding a few in the Admin Controls.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:08:12 am by Forum Admin »

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 01:04:30 am »
The help desk I saw a reference to is here

http://www.simplemachines.org/

At the bottom of the page explaining about this type of forum it says ;

Our software is free, but if you wish to support our project you can become a Charter Member. In return we'll give you access to our Help Desk, advanced releases and many other perks. Membership is just $49.95 per year.

I just noticed costs of running the forum and how to donate to support htis are posted here already.

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=58.0

Harder to know how to help with the time part , but being as I managed to edit my post in 1969 , we might be able to do more than I imagined possible . LOL
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:09:03 am by Moma_porcupine »

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 04:13:23 am »
Regarding this quote from the SMF site: "Our software is free, but if you wish to support our project you can become a Charter Member. In return we'll give you access to our Help Desk, advanced releases and many other perks. Membership is just $49.95 per year."

The help they speak of is for people who prefer not to wait for someone to reply to help requests on the SMF forum. It doesn't me we can't get help unless we pay for it, but only that I have to look harder and spend more time to find whatever help I might need. Forum members won't have any use for it unless they want to set up their own fora.