Author Topic: Stuck on NAFPS    (Bumper Stickers)  (Read 12149 times)

Offline AlaskaGrl

Stuck on NAFPS    (Bumper Stickers)
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:44:47 pm »
I was in traffic the other day and happened to think geee it would be nice to have a shiny new NAFPS Bumper Sticker to advertise the list here...      Something like ...

http://www.Newagefraud.org
 ?  ?  ? "Don't Pay to Pray"

Or maybe somethng snazzier..... ?  ? What do you think? ? Might be good
 to have one for the "EuRopean Tour" as well.

I'd be happy to chip in $100 to get the presses warmed...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by AstronomyGal »

frederica

Re: Stuck on NAFPS ? ? (Bumper Stickers)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:01:17 pm »
That's a good one. frederica

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Stuck on NAFPS    (Bumper Stickers)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 02:03:48 am »
Sorry if I brought this up in the wrong thread, in the link below.

http://www.newagefraud.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1155157446

I guess this should have been talked about here.

Frederica might have a good point in what she said in that other thread .

Before thinking of printing, may need to consider had to handle distrubution. If you give these out at some of these PowWows, your life may be in danger. lol. frederica

Maybe I am just too cautious , but in areas where there is a lot of abuse of Native traditions it might not be safe for people ( or their cars ) to drive around with a bumper sticker linking them to this web site . Though I guess people could stick them up somewhere ~else~ .

LOL maybe late in the night , on the bumper of a local exploiter . Let them take the heat .. ha ha ha  ... Just kidding .

If someone wants to , it looks like they are easy to get made .

http://www.makestickers.com/stickerpricing.asp

http://www.bumperstatements.com/make.ihtml

Offline snorks

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:22:30 am »
I would be cautious too and I am a POWP = plain ordinary white person.  I have met people who are so insistent that they are not harming anyone.  I went to a pagan festival where they were selling Indian stuff along with crystal wands.  I spoke to the people involved, they kept saying that they were in their right to do this.  And these people are not con-artists.  Some where the line has to be drawn or something.

Offline AlaskaGrl

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »

Maybe I am just too cautious , but in areas where there is a lot of abuse of Native traditions it might not be safe for people ( or their cars ) to drive around with a bumper sticker linking them to this web site .

For me I certainly would not let a local twink, followers or pagans decide for me what I should or should not put on my car because it made them feel "uncomfortable" ? no more than I would let the local prevalent belief system in my town tell me that I have to take the pentacles out of my trees or the tag frame "hand to hand the circle is cast" ? off of my car (they have written me letters) ?  How much authority do we want to give these types of people, who are in the wrong to begin with with threatening and controlling people etc, to do the same to you the activist - ? there are many different ways to go about activism, not all are necessarily confrontational. ? All involve some risks though because anytime you speak up or take a stance on something you risk possible confrontation. ? There is a saying I ran across online that I have come to like. ? It goes "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ? or as my mom says, if you see something wrong, fix it. ?

I have not cared what people think if I am linked to this website, I tell people I meet about it, I have a link to it on my website -I do programs on astronomy. ? People need to know about this site only when the word gets out that some things are wrong with the picture people are currently presented with, will things start to change a bit - at least the questioning of the principle characters they believe in will start I have seen it happen and "the ripple effect," oh, ? you are still hated for it, for starting the ripple, but that's progress. ? It won't change by being incognito..... ?  I do carry vandalism insurance and do occasionally have to watch my back when I get rolling on something. ? ? There's another viewpoint I have taken over the years regarding issues I have become wrapped up in: ? "If no one dislikes me, then I'm not doing anything positive." ?  

But yes, it can get very scary... very nasty...it can escalate fast being  threatened with physical harm and legal action as well as with the rest of the "community" ostracism thing (a community you were not a part of to begin with with everyone is just on your case regardless).  Some of these people and their followers can be dangerous when you start to cut into their cash cow.   You just have to use common sense too.

But you want how many bumperstickers?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by AstronomyGal »

Offline AlaskaGrl

Bumper Stickers
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 05:58:28 pm »
This weekend I will photoshop some demo design bumper stickers and provide a link to the posted images. ? I figure we can vote on the most popular. ? If anyone else has ideas for a bumpersticker work it up and send it to me as a .jpg ? to ? astronomy_gal@yahoo.com ? and I will add it to the others.
I have someone wanting to donate funds to the stickers production. ? Once we get a sure design we'll look at costs and how many to print and how to go about doing it coordinating it all with Al.

That ok?

Lindaa