Author Topic: Does anyone have contact information for Center for the Spirit in Oakland?  (Read 5130 times)

Offline canyonero88

Hi-
     I'm trying to contact the Center for the Spirit in Oakland, CA, but I keep running into dead ends as I search for phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or a website.  Any assistance that you can send my way would be very appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Does anyone have contact information for Center for the Spirit in Oakland?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 02:30:10 am »
http://www.nativegiving.org/map/ngmNetworkData.asp?state=CA
Cultural Property Rights / /
Center for Support & Protection of Indian Religions & Indigenous Traditions PHONE/FAX 510-535-0505 /
 PO Box 17002
Oakland, CA 94601

Description. Center for the SPIRIT (Support and Protection of Indian Religions and Indigenous Traditions) is a nonprofit organization of American Indian people dedicated to the preservation and revitalization of American Indian spiritual practices and religious traditions. Headquartered in Oakland we have begun to systematically address the momentous problem of "New Age" exploitation and expropriation of the sacred traditions of American Indian tribes--a problem which has proliferated alarmingly in the Bay Area and throughout California in recent years. The center monitors assaults against Native American religion that occur across the country.

Mission. Dedicated to the preservation and revitalization of American Indian spiritual practices and religious traditions. Headquartered in Oakland we have begun to systematically address the momentous problem of "New Age" exploitation and expropriation of the sacred traditions of American Indian tribes--a problem which has proliferated alarmingly in the Bay Area and throughout California in recent years.

-----
Darrell Standing Elk, one of the authors of the Lakota Declaration of War, is often listed as their director. John Lavelle's name comes up a lot. I don't have contact information for either of them though, besides through the center.

Offline canyonero88

Re: Does anyone have contact information for Center for the Spirit in Oakland?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:18:49 am »
Thank you so much for your help!!!!