Author Topic: Indigenous Cat man?  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Kantuta

Indigenous Cat man?
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:24:53 pm »
"My name is Dennis Avner and my Indian name is Stalking Cat, aka Cat, Tiger, Tiger man, Cat man, and others not known to me.

I am Huron and Lakota and in following a very old Huron tradition I am transforming myself into my totem, a tiger."

This is a man who has done several plastic surgeries to look like a cat or a tiger. Does anyone know if he is of indigenous origin?

Read more about him:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/disorders/gallery/gallery_index.shtml
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 am by Kantuta »

VA. Carper

Re: Indigenous Cat man?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:19:28 pm »
No.  He is a furry (a person who relates to people as an animal.)  CSI had a program about furries and their sexual proclivities.  

I am a moderator of an animal and people list, and have encountered furries.  He is well-known to them.  

I think being 'Indian' is a way of explaining his obsession.  

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:21 pm »
We first talked about him on an older version of NAFPS about five years ago. (There's another thread on him in here as well.) At that time he claimed to be the leader of an allegedly Lakota tribe/band over in N Dakota of about a hundred people. My guess is that it was closer to a heritage group, or a gathering of "eclectic" types. There's no sign of him being involved with them in any of the articles since then. I believe he's bounced around quite a bit, AZ, southern CA, and now Seattle, looking to find some place to be accepted but not seeing how feeding his dysfunctional body self image just makes his isolation worse.  

Offline Sparks

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 01:07:49 am »
(There's another thread on him in here as well.)

It's here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=358.0
[Lions and tigers and and tigers OH MY!!]

I will post updates about him in that thread.